Nonfungible Tokens (NFT’s)

DonkeyCigars

1 minute ago, Baboontyme said:

I almost included in my post above that I was in for whatever but would not be watching any online nft derbys. An hour later and I'm counting down the seconds.

So the surly horse that may or may not become the group horse drew the outside position? That doesn't seem good.

I picked the outside.  We need to discover where he likes to run. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NOMAAA said:

Assume we are running in a low class of race?

We're ranked in Class III.  I bought him when he was at Class IV but his 2nd and 3rd showing elevated him to III.  From what I can tell, experts are saying that you want 1st or 12th.  1st pays and 12th may push you down a class.  A horse that finishes 7 each time is considered a dog.

I missed so much drink margs yesterday. Love our new horse, I’ll log on and see if I can view the Surly stable. And yes, needs its own thread.

I’d say we also chip in and see if we can get lucky on the drop. If we get one it should be an easy flip to find racing or keep it.

c808ca414d5cb8caaedf8ebdcbfa2d98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are on clubhouse they have discussion about various Zed things. One thing I’ve heard is the key is figuring out which race attributes your horse excels at so you can enter those and boost your odds of winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TopShot has introduced collector score. They took a snapshot this morning and it was used to determine eligibility for the rare pack drop tomorrow. Once again owning cheap moments paid off for me. The score is based purely off the moments you own and you get more points for rare and legendary moments. Only 150k accounts qualified and there are 75k packs so I’m very happy. 

https://blog.nbatopshot.com/posts/collector-score

They will refine the score more in the future but this will be used for pack eligibility going forward. The current system gives the same 12 points for all Season 2 base common moments. So a $6 Moment and a $400 Lebron get the same score. My score was over 1,000 and I don’t have any moments worth more than $7. 

Edited by Irieguy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Irieguy said:

TopShot has introduced collector score. They took a snapshot this morning and it was used to determine eligibility for the rare pack drop tomorrow. Once again owning cheap moments paid off for me. The score is based purely off the moments you own and you get more points for rare and legendary moments. Only 150k accounts qualified and there are 75k packs so I’m very happy. 

They will refine the score more in the future but this will be used for pack eligibility going forward. The current system gives the same 12 points for all Season 2 base common moments. So a $6 Moment and a $400 Lebron get the same score. My score was over 1,000 and I don’t have any moments worth more than $7. 

So essentially a 50% shot to get the rare pack this afternoon. I'll be in line but there is nothing that exciting about this pack for me. Likely you can flip the rare for at least $250 making your money plus some and then just sit on the other commons for trade tickets. I'm not sure what to make of TS at this point. I sold a MPJ 1st moment for $1200 and bought the Luka 3 point winner as I think that's more iconic but all my LBJ moments are in the shitter so maybe all I should do is hold and hope for a playoff bump. I could try and sell off more stuff to get a few more high end S1s but think I'll just get killed in fees and have to undercut just to get it sold. The only thing moving right now are active challenge moments it seems.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

I'm still buying a pack every now and then but everything I own seems to lose value by the week. I'm tempted to just flip anything decent for a quick profit.

I like they are continuing to refine who is eligible for special drops. Zed could learn something from Top Shot. I saw that the latest Zed horse drop had upwards of 10 stables buying over 30 horses each. They had claimed that the invites were limited to 1 each at the beginning of each wave but they didn't specify that a stable could use other people's invites.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm still buying a pack every now and then but everything I own seems to lose value by the week. I'm tempted to just flip anything decent for a quick profit.

I like they are continuing to refine who is eligible for special drops. Zed could learn something from Top Shot. I saw that the latest Zed horse drop had upwards of 10 stables buying over 30 horses each. They had claimed that the invites were limited to 1 each at the beginning of each wave but they didn't specify that a stable could use other people's invites.

If I could package everything up and list I'd be tempted to and just take that money elsewhere. I don't think TS is going anywhere but it's a long time before Nov and Series 3 so I don't see how we don't continue to slide at least a little more.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

TopShot Marketplace has been pretty stagnant. I read that almost no substantial buyers have come in the last 2 weeks except Dingaling. Dingaling has bought $10M of moments and owns 27% of ALL serial #1 moments. Just an absurd stat. Oh and he bought $800K of Zed horses on Friday. I can’t imagine what would happen to TopShot market if he sold now(I don’t think he will). TopShot hasn’t turned on the marketing yet so hopefully that combined with the playoffs will excite the market. 

How many moments you got? I have ~ 20, and only one I paid over $15 for. Qualified for today with 285 points. Recently put together a spreadsheet of purchase price and lowest ask price, if I sold everything for the lowest ask, ignoring stuff like really low/unique serial numbers, I’d still triple my total investment.

18 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

TopShot Marketplace has been pretty stagnant. I read that almost no substantial buyers have come in the last 2 weeks except Dingaling. Dingaling has bought $10M of moments and owns 27% of ALL serial #1 moments. Just an absurd stat. Oh and he bought $800K of Zed horses on Friday. I can’t imagine what would happen to TopShot market if he sold now(I don’t think he will). TopShot hasn’t turned on the marketing yet so hopefully that combined with the playoffs will excite the market. 

Does Top shot still restrict membership?

11 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

This is brilliant. I’d be down

Go check out our thread on the gambling forum . I can't link because that forum is blocked for me at work.

We've bought and share 2 horses right now. One of them has some open shares if you want to join. We usually run a few races on weekday evenings and a few on the weekends.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

How many moments you got? I have ~ 20, and only one I paid over $15 for. Qualified for today with 285 points. Recently put together a spreadsheet of purchase price and lowest ask price, if I sold everything for the lowest ask, ignoring stuff like really low/unique serial numbers, I’d still triple my total investment.

I have 109 moments and a collector score of 1,308. But I’m underwater on my last batch of purchases. I purchased 90 of those moments at $6 or $7 and hoped some would be needed for the next challenge or that I could use them to get trade tickets. Now all of the moments are worth $4 or $5. I should have waited to buy. I’m just going to hold on and use them for trade tickets and to keep my collector score high I guess.

By the way, the Ben Simmons challenge is coming out this week but it won’t require specific moments. The requirements will be something like: own 3 Centers, own 2 Western Conference players, etc. Then you put players meeting the criteria in to a showcase. So there won’t be a boost to specific moments. 

Edited by Irieguy

did they restore the gifting function?  seems like someone who got in early and has plenty of cash could make a killing right now buying other people's moments (via gifting/venmo) for pennies on the dollar.  i have to think most people won't go through the lengthy verification process to sell their shit and cash out, and would prefer to take a venmo payment and peace the f outta dodge.

my 21 moments are worth ~$215 (per the evaluate.market site) and i'd prob take $100 cash to gift out everything.  i'm only in for $14.

oh and i forgot about the drop today because they moved the timing, so that's fun.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

did they restore the gifting function?  seems like someone who got in early and has plenty of cash could make a killing right now buying other people's moments (via gifting/venmo) for pennies on the dollar.  i have to think most people won't go through the lengthy verification process to sell their shit and cash out, and would prefer to take a venmo payment and peace the f outta dodge.

my 21 moments are worth ~$215 (per the evaluate.market site) and i'd prob take $100 cash to gift out everything.  i'm only in for $14.

oh and i forgot about the drop today because they moved the timing, so that's fun.

The drop wasn’t super profitable for most people. The Pelicans had 2 players with rare moments in this pack. Zion and Jaxson Hayes. When I clicked on my rare moment I saw I had a Pelican. It was Jaxson. I will probably only make a small profit. Gifting is back on but you have to own a moment for more than 7 days. 

7 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Gifting is back on but you have to own a moment for more than 7 days. 

exactly.  people are probably abandoning their accts with a few moments just sitting there for months.

i'm sure there are people working on preventing this, but it lends itself to this type of "scam/situation".  the process to get cash out is a pain in the ass still, yes?

I forgot the drop yesterday as well. Or at least when they moved the time.

I'm a bit burnt out on Top Shot. It was fun to get involved with NFT collectibles but I'm down a couple thousand. I enjoy the Zed racing more now, so I find my attention is over there. With moments dropping in value or at least the ones I own, I might sell most of them. Then get in line to get my withdrawal.

For those that missed there were only a few Rare players that would be immediately profitable. I got Keldon Johnson and will sell once he is in the active challenge. My wife got a fucking Jeff Green and although he is in an active challenge it would still only sell for $80.

I'm down considerably thanks to doing the Seeing Stars Challenges so may sit on some S1s for now and hold the trash until the trade tickets become more clear. But If I could sell it all and get out near even I probably would. I just don't see much coming that will take this market back up to Feb highs anytime soon.

12 hours ago, Irieguy said:

The drop wasn’t super profitable for most people. The Pelicans had 2 players with rare moments in this pack. Zion and Jaxson Hayes. When I clicked on my rare moment I saw I had a Pelican. It was Jaxson. I will probably only make a small profit. Gifting is back on but you have to own a moment for more than 7 days. 

Got in on the drop and ended up with garbage. Going off lowest ask price (which is reasonable since none of them are low/unique serials), the full pack would get me ~$100. Throwdown card was Boucher. Highest sale price on it is only $250. Also got two of the same Doncic, both 33K+ serial numbers. Pretty bummed. 

15 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

exactly.  people are probably abandoning their accts with a few moments just sitting there for months.

i'm sure there are people working on preventing this, but it lends itself to this type of "scam/situation".  the process to get cash out is a pain in the ass still, yes?

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. In the context of old baseball cards, scarcity was what lead to increased value over time. As kids grew up, most cards went into the trash. But that doesn't easily happen with NFTs. They exist forever so you're unlikely to get to a point where there's only a half dozen in the whole world when 35K+ were minted. But your point theoretically allows for that to happen. Over time, a lot of people would lose interest, forget their password, die without telling anybody about their account, etc.

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

But your point theoretically allows for that to happen. Over time, a lot of people would lose interest, forget their password, die without telling anybody about their account, etc.

yeah, i think baseball cards are ~comparable.  those cards did technically exist, but were cramped and damaged in people's garages and attics, then likely thrown out or forgotten or both.  i have $64 in some old online betting account, but the process to get it out was a pain, and for whatever reason i'm locked out of using it for betting.  there it sits.

at this point, my hope is that series 3 comes out, it's avail worldwide, and everything in series 1/2 becomes ~noteworthy.  here's my collection:

https://evaluate.market/accountValuation?externalUserName=gandorf76

i also still have $50 in my dapper acct.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/dan-harmon-blockchain-nft-crypto-series-fox-1234954403/

Dan Harmon Making First Blockchain Animated Series as Fox Embraces Crypto
Fox is launching an NFT company to help "art meet technology" as the 'Rick and Morty' creator readies 'Krapopolis,' an animated comedy set in mythic Ancient Greece that will break new technological ground.
BY JAMES HIBBERD

MAY 17, 2021 2:00PM

Showcase quest ending tomorrow. Just need 3 SS, 3 centers (dunking) and 3 PG (assists) and you get a Simmons moment.

Whatcha think the Simmons moment might be worth? Three SS moments are going to cost ~$130. And I imagine their value drops quite a bit after the quest is over

On 5/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, SquishMitten said:

Whatcha think the Simmons moment might be worth? Three SS moments are going to cost ~$130. And I imagine their value drops quite a bit after the quest is over

I had everything already so didn't cost me anything extra but those SS moments did drop. Still has not been minted but I would imagine it could be 30-50 depending on how many complete. The Steph reward was really interesting too although I was 1 CC short. Both are needed in the Master CC challenge that kicks off tonight maybe?

Pull anything decent? I got the 40kCC Lamelo so at least positive (for now). I'll grab my reservation pack this weekend but at that point I might just trade existing moments and not buy anymore packs.

Did anyone jump into Topps Baseball NFTs yet? Series 2 may be coming out in June with the physical drop which could bring some new buyers in.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I just listed a Stay Puff Marshmallow man for $200 and it was purchased within seconds. (bought it for like $15 a few months ago!) 

Jesus Christ, does it somehow suck your dick?  the sheer idiocy of this reality amazes me, yet here we are. not calling out ZB as an idiot, get paid as long as the suckers are biting. Stay Puff NFT, lulz.

22 hours ago, Blotto said:

Jesus Christ, does it somehow suck your dick?  the sheer idiocy of this reality amazes me, yet here we are. not calling out ZB as an idiot, get paid as long as the suckers are biting. Stay Puff NFT, lulz.

The dick sucking part comes after you sell and then take the profits to the Rose...

In all seriousness, I really don't understand the massive rise other to say the NFT bubble is real. Unlike TopShot this has not popped yet however one would think it would as new entrants don't immediately get 15x returns and just start dumping for the next project. That's where I made mistakes in TopShot... trying to actually collect versus seeing the boom and just selling to take advantage of the new entrants (greater fools). 

If you do buy and hold I guess just go for the most scarce pieces. Some Ultra Rare unicorn that I had the opportunity to buy months ago is selling min $900.

Topps baseball so far seems to have a much better collector base as the barrier to entry is much harder so for now I will continue to hold. That and I've accumulated some of the best cards of the best players so if TS is any indication the market for those still exists.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

https://nypost.com/2021/06/07/anthony-weiner-may-sell-his-infamous-crotch-shot-as-an-nft/

“Carlos Danger” needs some cash — and he’s only got one thing to sell.

Anthony Weiner is considering a new career in “political collectibles” — starting with the infamous crotch shot that cost him his seat in Congress.

The several-times disgraced ex-pol said that he’s stepping down as CEO of a Brooklyn countertop company — a job first revealed by The Post — and may instead start selling nonfungible tokens, or NFTs, of various lowlights from his serial-sexting addiction.

Weiner told the New York Times that the digital offerings could include the lewd photo he accidentally tweeted in 2011, a copy of the search warrant for the laptop seized by the FBI during the probe that sent him to prison in 2017 for sexting with an underage girl or the email in which Jon Stewart apologized for making jokes at his expense.

NFTs have exploded in popularity since their recent introduction, with Christie’s selling one by the digital artist known as “Beeple” for $69 million in March.

“Cashing in would be nice,” Weiner said in a report posted online Sunday.