Classic 80’s tunes

NOMAAA

On 11/4/2018 at 6:03 PM, Grandioso said:

Someone posted The Church earlier. Sorry if someone already posted this one.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:29 PM, pepper brooks said:

I saw The Cult recently on the Bush, STP Cult tour.  I liked them a good bit when I was younger, but hadn't thought much about them in years.  Frankly found them an odd inclusion in that line up of bands.  That said, I felt like they were the highlight of the show I attended, and I am a huge fan of Bush and STP.  Cult was fresh and new again.  They sounded absolutely fantastic.  She Sells Sanctuary was off the charts good.  They have been in a regular rotation for me since that mid August show.  

Off of Love and Sonic Temple.  '87, Cult walks into a bar on Red River at 2:15 am. jams for an hour , maybe 20 of us there.; after BYU game. /csb

On 11/9/2018 at 7:32 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Side note but the “History Revisited” album was outstanding. Gave us these gems:

RIP Mark Hollis

On 5/29/2019 at 12:58 PM, Carl Spackler said:

Australian Wave

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Boys Don't Cry playing Aquafest in... '87?  '88?  Definitely one of those summers when I was in high school because I left work a little early to drive down and park (easily) near Auditorium Shores to meet a girl from another high school there for the evening.  Good times...

• 2 weeks later...

Such a great, underrated Van Halen song.

Another one that I feel gets a little bit lost behind more popular songs on its album, but has grown to be my favorite from that album:

(Don't believe it ever had an official video, so I'll choose the youtube offering with the hottest chicks...)

My 11yo daughter  discovered how to make her own playlists on Amazon prime, and it used to be a lot of Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran and other new poppy stuff.

But the other day she was busy cleaning her room and when she cranked up her personal music, I started hearing Poison "Nothin' But  A Good Time" and Motley Crue "Kickstart My Heart" and Bon Jovi "Livin' On A Prayer."  I thought I couldn't be more proud, but the next song she blasted was "Panama" and my heart just about burst.  Thankfully, she did not come and ask me about DLR's spoken portion of that song during the bridge.

Also, when I asked her where she'd learned about all that great music, she said "I learned it from YOU, Dad." 

:)

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, utee94 said:

My 11yo daughter  discovered how to make her own playlists on Amazon prime, and it used to be a lot of Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran and other new poppy stuff.

But the other day she was busy cleaning her room and when she cranked up her personal music, I started hearing Poison "Nothin' But  A Good Time" and Motley Crue "Kickstart My Heart" and Bon Jovi "Livin' On A Prayer."  I thought I couldn't be more proud, but the next song she blasted was "Panama" and my heart just about burst.  Thankfully, she did not come and ask me about DLR's spoken portion of that song during the bridge.

Also, when I asked her where she'd learned about all that great music, she said "I learned it from YOU, Dad." 

:)

Wow. This exact thing just happened to me. Like an hour ago.  My 16y/o (NO PICS) and 10y/o daughters were just out by the pool jamming everything from Eddie Money to Jefferson Starship to Asia with even a little Black Keys mixed in (10y/o’s fave).  No more Taylor Swift/Ed Sheerhan!

I guess my parents were right, the kids do listen even when we don’t think they’re engaged...