Vasectomy

Biff Tannen

27 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Whatever the cost, it's cheaper than another kid.

I can get it done in Mexico for cheap. I only came to Austin/Dr. Floyd for the no incision procedure.

If they are gonna knock my ass out, I'll just do it closer to my house and save a lot of money.

• Like 1

High vas deferens?  My guy didn't even bother checking before the big day.  This was over ten years ago and I had incisions, etc.  But it still was in-office with just a local and some Valium.  Maybe a third-opinion is in order?

• 2 months later...

Going in to get neutered tomorrow morning. Got the frozen peas chilling and wife waitress-trained and standing by.

My doc said should be okay to drive (about a 15 minute trip) but wonder if I should have the wife be my driver.

Anyway, two kids is plenty and I’m looking forward to shootin’ some blanks.

50 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Going in to get neutered tomorrow morning. Got the frozen peas chilling and wife waitress-trained and standing by.

My doc said should be okay to drive (about a 15 minute trip) but wonder if I should have the wife be my driver.

Anyway, two kids is plenty and I’m looking forward to shootin’ some blanks.

Best $92 dollars I ever spent. Your only mistake is not scheduling it on the Friday before opening NFL weekend. I spent all weekend on the couch watching playing up the pain.

54 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

what the fuck are they giving you for anesthesia?  fucking lidocain as a local?   are you not taking slightly more powerful stuff?  

I was given one half a xanex and had to be driven home by a buddy.  I wasnt kookoo but they made it very clear that I wasnt allowed to drive, nor would they just let me take a uber. 

anyway, let the wife drive that short of the trip, gives you the earliest opportunity to start garnering sympathy pains. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Some mega pussies up in this vasectomy thread. The “no incision” or “no scalpel” thing is a marketing joke. They have to get inside your scrotum to cut the tubes. A scalpel makes a small, precise opening. Using sharp forceps to tear a hole open is technically not an incision and doesn’t use a scalpel, but it’s not less painful and could result in a larger or irregular wound/opening in the scrotum. 

My doc did the cold spray to numb up the boys before a lidocaine stick, then you don’t feel anything except the thump like pressure when he actually severs and clips the tubes. I drove myself home (~20 mins). Rotated between 3 bags of frozen peas and carrots every 30-60 mins to keep constant cold for 24 hours. Rotated between Tylenol and ibuprofen for pain and inflammation. Went trap shooting 48 hours after procedure with only mild discomfort. 

Welp, that was easy. A little discomfort on one side but he hit it with a little more lidocaine and 5 seconds later no pain at all. Whole thing from check in to check out was about 35 minutes.

Drove home fine. A little discomfort just in the sense that there is some incision and a little bit like just barely getting racked. But otherwise so far so good.

Icing and about to binge season 3 of “I Think You Should Leave.”

11 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

what the fuck are they giving you for anesthesia?  fucking lidocain as a local?   are you not taking slightly more powerful stuff?  

I was given one half a xanex and had to be driven home by a buddy.  I wasnt kookoo but they made it very clear that I wasnt allowed to drive, nor would they just let me take a uber.

Yeah, the doctor prescribed a Valium to take 30 minutes before the procedure, and while I knew that my nether regions would likely be sufficiently numbed, I was still just a tad nervous about a sharp knife to my balls and instruments working inside.  So I took the whole thing (they said half would probably be fine), and when I was ready to go home, there's no way I could've driven.