Longhorn Al

Downtown Projects

No worries, I get it.  My usual MO on collecting market intel is compromised right now as it is frowned upon to meet for whiskey and lies in debaucherous locations.  

1 minute ago, TPCJ007 said:

Old location of Capitol Oyster Bar back in the 70's and 80's.

Yep. 

On 7/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, Lobo said:

No worries, I get it.  My usual MO on collecting market intel is compromised right now as it is frowned upon to meet for whiskey and lies in debaucherous locations.  

Still no timeline, and nothing is ever a done deal until the doors open, but I now feel comfortable in saying at some point an HEB will open at 504 Lavaca where the Chase drive through bank is currently.

There are currently six levels of parking above, so there should be no shortage of parking for the store.

Also, I believe HEB will be taking over all or some of the four levels of office space in the building.

During the construction of the store the entire building is to be renovated from top to bottom.

That’s interesting.  Does HEB maintain corporate staff in Austin today that are separate from the San Antonio HQ?

They have a ton of technology people here in town, IT, dev ops, data engineer, data scientist types.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:05 PM, TPCJ007 said:

Old location of Capitol Oyster Bar back in the 70's and 80's.

Wasn't it a comedy place once?  I think I saw Emo Philips there?

8 hours ago, Somnio said:

Still no timeline, and nothing is ever a done deal until the doors open, but I now feel comfortable in saying at some point an HEB will open at 504 Lavaca where the Chase drive through bank is currently.

There are currently six levels of parking above, so there should be no shortage of parking for the store.

Also, I believe HEB will be taking over all or some of the four levels of office space in the building.

During the construction of the store the entire building is to be renovated from top to bottom.

Perhaps there is something happening?

Dreaming of a Downtown Austin H-E-B

https://austin.towers.net/dreaming-of-a-downtown-austin-h-e-b/?agent=caitlyn@towers.net

8 hours ago, blacklab said:

They have a ton of technology people here in town, IT, dev ops, data engineer, data scientist types.

Yep, they had a huge new office on East 6th they share with Favor. 400+ employees with room for more.