Future possible opponents- Georgia, Penn State & Clemson

AUS-97HORN

We should keep scheduling almost top-tier Pac 12, ACC and SEC teams, fuck the big 10. We did cal, UCLA, and USC... We got Bama on the schedule... Now 

Oregon, Stanford or Utah

Louisville, Georgia Tech, or Miami

Arkansas, aggy, or Tennessee 

I don't want LSU to come here and recruit their asses off, they already do. The other teams would be good wins, and fun places for a home/home.

As long as we don't get stuck playing neutral dumbass site games in Jerry world I'm cool.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Arkansas is on our schedule, assuming they don’t move it back yet again 

Am I crazy or is Arkansas pussing out on us the reason we played Sam Houston State one year, which is the only time in our history in which we've played a FCS school? Fan and booster feedback for that FCS game was so negative that Texas said it would never do that again.

That should be what we are looking for. Schedule Florida, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA, etc. Try to avoid, Alabama and Georgia. They cheat to be elite and we would have a decent chance of losing and screwing up our season. Also, avoid the lower ranked schools that have zero cache yet are good enough to upset us: Utah, Michigan State (I'm mixed on them), Stanford, Georgia Tech (I'm mixed on them also), Louisville, North Carolina etc.
Lol fuck that. For one, it's flawed logic - Texas fans should know better than anyone that ten years can change a lot. Two, that's some weak ass SEC shit. We can't hide and be considered an elite program in the B12, nor should we try to because it's soft. Three, there's value in these matchups for fan experience and excitement, even if we take some Ls (which we will).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Am I crazy or is Arkansas pussing out on us the reason we played Sam Houston State one year, which is the only time in our history in which we've played a FCS school? Fan and booster feedback for that FCS game was so negative that Texas said it would never do that again.

False dichotomy, imo.

16 minutes ago, Zavala said:

We should keep scheduling almost top-tier Pac 12, ACC and SEC teams, fuck the big 10. We did cal, UCLA, and USC... We got Bama on the schedule... Now 

Oregon, Stanford or Utah

Louisville, Georgia Tech, or Miami

Arkansas, aggy, or Tennessee 

I don't want LSU to come here and recruit their asses off, they already do. The other teams would be good wins, and fun places for a home/home.

As long as we don't get stuck playing neutral dumbass site games in Jerry world I'm cool.

Disagree.  We should want to play the top-tier teams.  And that is what we are doing.

LSU is already on the schedule, and that is a great series for the fans.  That is what college football needs more of, not less and not more of the typical SEC-land o' cupcakes scheduling.

As I said, let's get Wisconsin on the schedule.  Let's go after Auburn, Washington, Michigan State, Florida State, too.

• Like 2

Since our fanbase gets more excited for non conf games than the annual conf matchups (save OU), why not just go independent when the big 12 contract is up?
People will get plenty excited for B12 matchups when it's not a foregone conclusion that we are going to lose to the upper half of the conference...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Games with Georgia and Clemson would be fucking awesome. I have always wanted to see a game Between the Hedges and Clemson is one of the most likable programs in the country, I’m a huge Dabo fan and love the players from there, especially Deshaun of course. Make this happen CDC.

2 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Penn State would be great only if it was for the white out game. Dumbest tradition in college sports. Looks great on TV but Penn State wears their blue tops thus giving a tactical advantage to their opponents wearing all white.  it were against anyone other than Penn State.

Fixed it for you.

There would be zero redeeming qualities about playing those sons of bitches.

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Fuck State Pen. Stay away from the GodPaCult

I think a home and home with Pitt would be fun. Not as the main non-conference game on the schedule, but like we play Maryland this year. It would be especially fun if Shawn Watson is still coaching there when we play. Pittsburgh is an extremely underrated city. I've loved it every time I've visited. I have a soft spot, probably, from playing in a World Series there when I was kid, but I've been back plenty for business and it's a great place to visit.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think a home and home with Pitt would be fun. Not as the main non-conference game on the schedule, but like we play Maryland this year. It would be especially fun if Shawn Watson is still coaching there when we play. Pittsburgh is an extremely underrated city. I've loved it every time I've visited. I have a soft spot, probably, from playing in a World Series there when I was kid, but I've been back plenty for business and it's a great place to visit.

I actually work with a kid who was a WR at Pitt a few years ago, and he and I were talking about this very thing. Weirdest thing about him is his love of Arby's, but as character flaws go, that's a fairly minor one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I actually work with a kid who was a WR at Pitt a few years ago, and he and I were talking about this very thing. Weirdest thing about him is his love of Arby's, but as character flaws go, that's a fairly minor one.

2galvp.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Looking at FSU, they have some coming up with ND.  They even have a game scheduled in 2036 at ND.  ??

Technically, that's an ACC conference game since ND has a deal with ACC schools to play a certain amount a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Don't think it was Arkansas.....they pussed out of the rematch of the 2008 ass whuppin we gave them until now. SHSU was in 2006. I think it was Utah that we were supposed to play around that time and they completely pussed out of playing the series at the last minute forcing the change.

Technically, we played UNT back when they were North Texas State and in I-AA, but agree that the feedback was such that we would never willingly schedule another FCS opponent. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Brandon Ifill. I think he was mostly a special teamer, but he played both offense and defense at times, to hear him tell it. 

I hope you call him the "Ifill Tower" and make him reenact this scene from The IT Crowd:

giphy.gif

Kirk "cesspool" Herbstreet just gave out his preseason??? Herbie awards. Has the pedo state QB as most exciting player, and pedo state white out as best college football atmosphere. Wisconson and Ohio State shit was also winning. Dude's a bigtime big 10 homer I guess. I've never seen somebody nominate AND award winners of preseason awards but leave it to Espin.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:50 AM, Machinator said:

You seriously think you can predict what teams will be good 10-12 years from now?

If anyone freakin' knows the answer to that as yes, I need to meet up with in at the bookie...

bttf2_almanac_2015.jpg

But it can be understood why a game against Penn State would be looked down on at this point, by 2035 the feelings might turn a corner..? 

13 hours ago, Zavala said:

Kirk "cesspool" Herbstreet just gave out his preseason??? Herbie awards. Has the pedo state QB as most exciting player, and pedo state white out as best college football atmosphere. Wisconson and Ohio State shit was also winning. Dude's a bigtime big 10 homer I guess. I've never seen somebody nominate AND award winners of preseason awards but leave it to Espin.

So racist.