Chilly Water

2018 Lawn and Landscape Thread

It could be a cross breed grown from seed and then you'll probably never know. 
A lot of citrus has very hard, long, and sharp thorns.  It varies, plant to plant, even branch to branch.  Only half of my dwarf meyer lemon has thorns.

Prior to the rain this weekend, did a final leaf/mulch mow until the mower ran dry. Lawn looks okaaay, but not great. Main enemy now is the pesky Dallis (sp?) grass. That is what husband said it was. I applied the pre-emergent back whenever it was due (spring for fall, fall for spring) but I guess since this is a broad-leaf it doesn't work? School is starting back up so I suppose I'll get the bucket out and go sit in the yard for a few hours pulling until I can get it under control.

On the other hand, my ornamental cabbages and kale look pretty nice with this cool gray weather.