Pussy is defeated! (Man kills mountain lion with his bare hands.)

Parliament

I know a pit bull is not a mountain lion, but I got attacked by one a few years ago and I  beat the shit out of it.  I can see how you can gain the advantage over an animal and kill it with your bare hands.  (If you outweigh me by a hundred pounds, have muscles of iron and nerves of steel, and are, indeed, a BAMF.)

4 hours ago, bmbmd said:

I know a pit bull is not a mountain lion, but I got attacked by one a few years ago and I  beat the shit out of it.  I can see how you can gain the advantage over an animal and kill it with your bare hands.  (If you outweigh me by a hundred pounds, have muscles of iron and nerves of steel, and are, indeed, a BAMF.)

There are indeed some wimpy pits out there, so I reckon there are some here and there that can be, “beat the shit out of,” by Mr. He-Man.

A trained fighting pit would latch your neck and kill you.....then go after your loved ones, just out of spite.

• Like 1

There is a good bit of discussion of this on mountain bike forums, with local people familiar with the trail and environment.  Some of the Colorado posters there are suspicious of the slow-reveal way this has been reported and also this somewhat bizarre press conference by the victim. https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/victim-of-horsetooth-mountain-lion-attack-to-share-story-thursday

They also captured some juvenile lions they believe are siblings of the one killed.  https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/02/13/colorado-man-killed-mountain-lion-horsetooth-mountain-open-space-reopens-open-again/

Travis Kauffman was 6 miles into an uphill run through ice-covered trails west of Fort Collins when he heard a rustling behind him.

Then the mountain lion lunged at him.

In the frantic minutes that followed, Kauffman screamed like a “barbarian,” struck the animal with anything he could reach and finally twisted his 150-pound frame atop the lion and choked it to death with his foot.

As the lion’s mouth lost its grip of his right wrist, Kauffman, 31, prepared to run back down to civilization, where his tale of survival has captivated an international audience since the Feb. 4 attack.

Kauffman, 31, shared his experience at a news conference Thursday afternoon in Fort Collins. 

He had planned to do a 12- to 15-mile run on Feb. 4, starting in Lory State Park and making his way to Horsetooth Rock, Kauffman explained in a pre-recorded video shown during the news conference.

Icy conditions caused him to modify his route. That's when he heard pine needles rustle behind him and he turned his head.

He saw the mountain lion, and "one of my worst fears was confirmed," the 5-foot-10, 150-pound Kauffman said.

He threw his hands up and started yelling. The animal was 10 feet away but kept approaching. As it got closer to Kauffman, it lunged at him. Kauffman threw up his arms and the lion latched onto his wrist, clawing on his face and legs.

"I was just kind of screaming the whole time, doing my barbarian yell," Kauffman said.

He tried to throw the animal off of him, but from there, it was a thrashing, wrestling match, he said.

As a new cat owner, Kauffman said he knew he couldn't let the animal's hind legs get underneath him, because his "guts" and groin would be injured. So he used his knee to pin down the cat's back legs.

He tried to stab it with some nearby sticks, but they were rotten and kept breaking.

He picked up a rock and was able to hit it in the back a few times, but that was not effective.

Soon he was able to move his right leg close to his wrist, which was in the grip of the lion's teeth, and stepped on its neck until he suffocated it.

He ran down the trail on a "fear high," suddenly noticing some possible signs of mountain lions and worrying about more in the area.

Local runner Travis Kauffman recounts how his girlfriend, Annie Bierbower, left, kiss him on the cheek after she met him at Poudre Valley Hospital after he was attacked by a adolescent mountain lion that attacked him, as seen on Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019, in Fort Collins, Colo.Buy Photo

Local runner Travis Kauffman recounts how his girlfriend, Annie Bierbower, left, kiss him on the cheek after she met him at Poudre Valley Hospital after he was attacked by a adolescent mountain lion that attacked him, as seen on Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019, in Fort Collins, Colo.  (Photo11: Timothy Hurst/The Coloradoan)

He ran three miles down the trail and along the way came across another trail runner, Spencer, who was on his way up the trail. They jogged down together and ran into a couple, Rachel and Noah, near a parking lot, and they had a cell phone.

One of the three helpers then drove him to the hospital.

At the hospital, Kauffman received 25 stitches on his face and three on his wrist, where the lion had latched on.

"My face was kind of a bloody mess when I first got there," he said.

He had several puncture wounds from the animal's teeth and claws.

"About a week out, and I feel great," Kauffman said during the video.

"It's a modern day man vs. nature scenario."

People are fucking dumb. Unless you really can come up with a more convincing explanation for his mountain lion wounds and the fact that they found a mountain lion suffocated to death where he said it happened, along with personal effects. 

"Sorry to everyone, but I wasn't truthful. I actually had my house cat rough me up a bit, then planted a pre-suffocated mountain lion at the scene. You know, one of those mountain lions that has recently been strangled to death that everyone has lying around."

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

maybe he accidentally strangled it while fucking that pussy

Investigators are now looking into the possibility that this was a case of domestic violence. Suspicions were aroused when it was discovered that the man in question had attended Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. 

I have photographed mountain lions in Yosemite a number of times. The bigger ones are in the 230 lb range. Because of that I struggle to believe any one man can strangle such a predator. Not to mention their speed.

To see one up close and simply standing still will send a chill down your spine. To see one at full speed hunting, well, I don’t believe any unarmed man can do much more then become a fucking bowel movement against such a creature..