Best songs of the 90's

Loco

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I love 90's Neil.  Never been able to get into 90's Dylan as much as others.

He had a string of four or five records there that were as good as any of his late 60s/70s stuff, and it felt relevant at the time since so many younger acts were pointing to him as an influence.  Hell, Pearl Jam did a whole record with him.  

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

He had a string of four or five records there that were as good as any of his late 60s/70s stuff, and it felt relevant at the time since so many younger acts were pointing to him as an influence.  Hell, Pearl Jam did a whole record with him.  

I agree completely.  "Fuckin' Up" is in my Neil Young Top 5.

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

i have that Mirror Ball CD. A couple of really good songs on there. Problem is the recording was so poorly done. These two are my favorites, but again poor recording.

Edited by Dolemite

54 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamnit y’all. This isn’t the “put 90s songs here” thread. Best does not include 311, amongst others. 311? Godfuckingdamnit.

I second the motion!

In all fairness, I had a fucking gorgeous stripper tell me all about the reasons she liked to dance to 311's cover of "Love Song".  I can't hear that song without seeing her, a lot of her.  In very specific ways.

• Like 1

Also mea culpa I posted a Bloodhound Gang song....  let's try to be a little less judgmental.   There are a couple of songs I saw on this thread I checked out....  not a genre I was into....   

I only recognize two genres: good and bad. 311 is bad. The frat rock probably belongs in the Cowboys being kicked off campus thread.

52 minutes ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

Also an 80s cover - 1987

Yeah no kidding.  That was a thoroughly 80s cover featured in a thoroughly 80s movie soundtrack.  

I do love it, though.  Almost as much as I loved Jami Gertz at the time.