Js1

2020 Texas Softball - Back to OKC!

15 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Still no report on our games yesterday? I guess the results are secret

We beat St. Ed's 8-0.  All I got. 

On 10/30/2019 at 7:53 AM, Js1 said:

Appears we will be at the 2020 Judi Garman in California from 2/26-3/1.  Not sure how many games, but 2 for sure listed below. 

Feb 7-9 - opening season tournament at home (Colorado State, Maryland, TAMUCC, Wichita State)
Feb 13-16 - Puerta Vallarta Challenge (Cal Baptist, Colorado State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Utah)
Feb 25 - ULL DUH at home
Feb 28 - Washington (at Judi Garman)
March 1- - Boise State (at Judi Garman)

Update: 

3/13 Bryant (T-Town Showdown)
3/13 - Alabama (T-Town Showdown)
3/14 - BYU (T-Town Showdown)
3/15 - Bryant (T-Town Showdown)
3/15 - Alabama (T-Town Showdown)

4/22 - Baylor (home)
5/1 and 5/2 - Baylor (road)

Tennessee, Alabama, ULL, Washington, Ole Miss, Utah in non-conf is salty.  So far. 

Does anyone have a contact for anyone with the softball team?  My cousin's 11 year old daughter collapsed and passed away  on the field during a softball tournament this past weekend in Denison.  Her life was softball and she looked up to the Horns a lot.  I wanted to hopefully get a message to someone with the program to see if there is a possibility of getting an autographed jersey for her Mom.    TIA if anyone has any info. 

25 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Does anyone have a contact for anyone with the softball team?  My cousin's 11 year old daughter collapsed and passed away  on the field during a softball tournament this past weekend in Denison.  Her life was softball and she looked up to the Horns a lot.  I wanted to hopefully get a message to someone with the program to see if there is a possibility of getting an autographed jersey for her Mom.    TIA if anyone has any info. 

If you can't tweet CDC, def email him. For softball: 

Dreya Johannsen, Administrative Associate 512-232-3410

spacer.pngI like that team motto. 

will face 5 WCWS participants, including 3 OOC - Alabama, Wash and UCLA 

Plus 2 more SR qualifiers (Tenn and Ole Miss)

That ULL-ULL-UCLA-UW stretch. Rough. 

Unfortunate that weather will not be optimum (53 degrees at gametime),  should be a great matchup.    Playing a comparable schedule including a win over Miss St,  Texas St is 6-1 this Fall.

AUSTIN, Texas – The Texas softball team will wrap-up its 2019 fall schedule at Red & Charline McCombs Field on Friday at 6 p.m. CT with a contest against I-35 rival Texas State.

Admission to the game will be FREE for all fans who wish to attend (no tickets required) with parking available in Lot 115 directly behind McCombs Field. All other lots on the east side of campus will require a proper PTS parking permit.

As a heads-up, no TV or radio coverage of Friday's match-up will be available, but live Twitter updates will be provided through the team's official Twitter account (@TexasSoftball).

https://texassports.com/news/2019/11/7/softball-to-conclude-fall-season-on-friday-versus-texas-state.aspx

Sounds like Elish is dealing as usual, but we are not hitting very well. Lots of stranded runners. 0-0 in the 4th. 

Edited by bschoolprof

Sounds like everyone signed except Kyleigh Sands who ended up at ULL And still pending Bailey Williams 

Sands goes DePaul > Texas > ULL 

Jayden (JJ) Smith 1B/3B/C/SS George Ranch High School, Richmond, Texas
Bailey Williams SS/OF from Murrietta Valley, CA
Ryleigh White, RHP, Washington Township, New Jersey
Alyssa, Washington, SS/C, Abilene, TX
Carlee Ratcliff, 3B/IF, New Boston, TX
Jordyn Whitaker, 3B/P, Jacksonville, TX