Collin Kaepernick disses Betsy Ross

Parliament

First of all, my farts smell great, ask your mother. Second, life is better when we laugh, hopefully one day it will be at your misery. Nothing like good old fashion karma for disingenuous, hypocritical, wanna be child torturing, sack of shit traitors like you and yours. God bless America and May he judge you appropriately for the harm you are causing this country.

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Stop sniffing your own farts every once in a while and just laugh, life is better. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

2% is a surge? Source and story seem rather aggy.

Not a surge but it is a bump while Nike's competitors are taking a dip.

Nike's demographic is not the MAGA crowd, that would be Payless, Walmart or SAS. This controversy and "boycott" will only help Nike not hurt it.

Shit, Trump's tarrifs will likely give Nike an advantage over it's competitors. It seems like MAGA is trying to make Nike Greater.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tariffs-could-give-nike-a-leg-up-over-competitors-analyst-says-205318341.html

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal*, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness**, .

* Does not apply to women, or black people, who shall be counted as 3/5 of a person, solely for purposes of apportioning Representatives, Presidential electors, and determining direct taxes.  

** Offer does not apply to persons who don't own land, are poor, disabled, infirm, have a non-binary sexual orientation, atheists, agnostics, Muslims, babies once they have left the womb and/or brown people.

† We reserve the right to revoke any or all portions of this offer at any time should the GOP attain at least a 5-4 majority on the Supreme Court. 

On 7/2/2019 at 8:46 AM, formermav43 said:

The shoe design was tacky. Kap’s objection is stupid. The reaction to it is ludicrous.

Fake outrage over a shoe design followed by fake outrage over its cancellation. Everyone involved in this story sucks

This is pretty much the thread ender. Kap is a moron, Nike is pandering and the rednecks faux outrage is expected. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal*, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness**, .

* Does not apply to women, or black people, who shall be counted as 3/5 of a person, solely for purposes of apportioning Representatives, Presidential electors, and determining direct taxes.  

** Offer does not apply to persons who don't own land, are poor, disabled, infirm, have a non-binary sexual orientation, atheists, agnostics, Muslims, babies once they have left the womb and/or brown people.

† We reserve the right to revoke any or all portions of this offer at any time should the GOP attain at least a 5-4 majority on the Supreme Court. 

Jesus Christ, can you blather any more ignorantly.

15 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Fuck it. Let me start over.

This. Is. Not. Proper. Grammar.

You're in a thread where, one of the most polarizing and talked about athletes of all time's name isn't even spelled right in the title. I highly doubt you're going to get any nuance or proper discourse in here. 

ex·cla·ma·tion
[ˌekskləˈmāSH(ə)n]

NOUN
  1. a sudden cry or remark, especially expressing surprise, anger, or pain.
    "an exclamation of amazement" · 
    synonyms:
    cry · call · shout · yell · shriek · roar · bellow · interjection · sudden utterance · expletive · ejaculation

My grammar smack is rusty. But I believe he was trying to make an exclamatory statement, for which an exclamation point would have been appropriate.

Fuck it. Let me start over.

This. Is. Not. Proper. Grammar.

Texas hammers: "grammar is a big deal!"

"TRUMP: But President Xi, from the time I took office, he has not, they have not been currency manipulators. Because there’s a certain respect because he knew I would do something or whatever. But more importantly than him not being a currency manipulator the bigger picture, bigger than even currency manipulation, if he’s helping us with North Korea, with nuclear and all of the things that go along with it, who would call, what am I going to do, say, “By the way, would you help us with North Korea? And also, you’re a currency manipulator.” It doesn’t work that way."

Also texas hammers: "where do I go vote for this guy again?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:57 PM, suddenly shaggy said:

Shit my quotes got split up but OnB, except for the cross Fn, the rest literally historically accurate (with just a tad of spice but under trump, is he wrong?). Why hate facts bro?

7 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

This is pretty much the thread ender. Kap is a moron, Nike is pandering and the rednecks faux outrage is expected. 

True.  I like Kap but what a stupid protest. But someone else upthread said it better, forgot poster, sorry. 

7 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jesus Christ, can you blather any more ignorantly.

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

Shit my quotes got split up but OnB, except for the cross Fn, the rest literally historically accurate (with just a tad of spice but under trump, is he wrong?). Why hate facts bro?

True.  I like Kap but what a stupid protest. But someone else upthread said it better, forgot poster, sorry. 

The post was trying to make some bizarre point that things we have done away with over 150 years ago are going to come back because theres a 5-4 mix in the SC.  Posters call people out for commenting about things presidents did 10-20 years ago, stating they have no bearing today, and yet those same posters cite things that have been stricken from law since before the turn of the 19th c. as something possible today.

We're an imperfect country to be sure, but what our Constitution stands for is unique, and we are moving towards a more perfect union slowly at times, but we're moving that way all the time.

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The post was trying to make some bizarre point that things we have done away with over 150 years ago are going to come back because theres a 5-4 mix in the SC.  Posters call people out for commenting about things presidents did 10-20 years ago, stating they have no bearing today, and yet those same posters cite things that have been stricken from law since before the turn of the 19th c. as something possible today.

We're an imperfect country to be sure, but what our Constitution stands for is unique, and we are moving towards a more perfect union slowly at times, but we're moving that way all the time.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Just because something is the last sentence in a post, it does not mean it is the central point of the post. Typically that is placed at the beginning, otherwise it is burying the lead. My central point, that you thoroughly missed, is that Kaepernick is justified in feeling that the flag of the original 13 colonies represents oppression to minorities. I hadn't considered it before Kaepernick pointed it out, but he is correct. At the same time we were writing that all men are created equal, we literally had some men owning other men as possessions and treating them like animals. Worse in many cases.

The Declaration of Independence was written by property owning white males and everyone who was not a property owning white male may have been "created equal", but they certainly weren't treated that way. There is massive hypocrisy there and we still don't live up to that promise. It's laughable that you think any of this was "done away with over 150 years ago". I want the US to live up to those words and have a country where we really do treat all people equal.

We aren't there yet and part of the process of getting there is people like Kaepernick pointing out the issues we need to discuss and resolve.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It most certainly is not.

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

spacer.png

San Francisco City Hall--the very same flag has flown there since 1964.  I don't remember Kaepernick making a deal about it when he was playing with the 49ers.

That's a damn solid rule. If you complain about one thing, then you also have to make sure you've complained about every other instance of said thing. Or else you're a hypocrite. 

I bet you were a debate champ, weren't you? 

17 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Just because something is the last sentence in a post, it does not mean it is the central point of the post. Typically that is placed at the beginning, otherwise it is burying the lead. My central point, that you thoroughly missed, is that Kaepernick is justified in feeling that the flag of the original 13 colonies represents oppression to minorities. I hadn't considered it before Kaepernick pointed it out, but he is correct. At the same time we were writing that all men are created equal, we literally had some men owning other men as possessions and treating them like animals. Worse in many cases.

The Declaration of Independence was written by property owning white males and everyone who was not a property owning white male may have been "created equal", but they certainly weren't treated that way. There is massive hypocrisy there and we still don't live up to that promise. It's laughable that you think any of this was "done away with over 150 years ago". I want the US to live up to those words and have a country where we really do treat all people equal.

We aren't there yet and part of the process of getting there is people like Kaepernick pointing out the issues we need to discuss and resolve.

And just because something is true in an era, it does not mean it is the central point of that era.  The Betsy Ross flag does not represent slavery.  It flew when slavery was present.  

Kaepernick is not justified in feeling that the flag of the original thirteen colonies represents oppression to minorities, because that's not at all what it represents.  It represents a time in this country's history, a part of which involved slavery.  

Newsflash: We're never going to have a country where we really do treat all people equal.  You can treat people equally, and I can treat people equally.  But there will always be individuals and groups that don't.  

Disavowing anything representative of a time period when all men aren't treated equally will result in us disavowing everything entirely.  

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

And just because something is true in an era, it does not mean it is the central point of that era.  The Betsy Ross flag does not represent slavery.  It flew when slavery was present.  

Kaepernick is not justified in feeling that the flag of the original thirteen colonies represents oppression to minorities, because that's not at all what it represents.  It represents a time in this country's history, a part of which involved slavery.  

Newsflash: We're never going to have a country where we really do treat all people equal.  You can treat people equally, and I can treat people equally.  But there will always be individuals and groups that don't.  

Disavowing anything representative of a time period when all men aren't treated equally will result in us disavowing everything entirely.  

Well now that some white dude on surly has told Kaepernick how he should feel about slavery and racial intolerance throughout history, I'd say we can put this argument to bed.

Edited by BradInATX

33 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Well now that some white dude on surly has told Kaepernick how he should feel about slavery and racial intolerance throughout history, I'd say we can put this argument to bed.

I didn't tell Kaepernick anything.  I told it to your dumb ass.  

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

No wonder white people are terrified about demographics.

12 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

spacer.png

San Francisco City Hall--the very same flag has flown there since 1964.  I don't remember Kaepernick making a deal about it when he was playing with the 49ers.

his girlfriend didn't see it and tell him what to do

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I didn't tell Kaepernick anything.  I told it to your dumb ass.  

Like I said, you've decided for black people how they should feel about centuries of slavery, rape, murder, and abuse. Well done - your Nobel Prize is in the mail!

On 7/2/2019 at 7:04 PM, BradInATX said:

How to market yourself: whatever Nike, billion dollar company does.

How not to market yourself: make your username "swam4texas" so that everyone thinks you're a super cool dude. Then act like such a childish fool that you switch to a different name on the new board for a fresh start because your old brand was ruined. Of course you have to let everyone once again know you're a super cool dude, so let's get an "Awesome" in that name! Woot! Then proceed to ruin your new brand because once again you show a childlike grasp of issues combined with thinking that you're smarter than everyone.

The Texas hammer is swam? That makes way too much sense.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I have no idea wtf a central point of an era is, but get down with your bad self and your made up terminology.