Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

SEC's schedules include a built in 8 wins plus the most favorable bowl match up the SEC office can find. Aggy will never fall as hard as we want them to. I expect Jimbo to average 9 wins at Aggy. 

Texas meanwhile needs to be winning championships. 

people can make it a b12 vs sec battle if they choose to.  but if that is the case, then it's really the big 12, led by oklahoma and texas, vs the sec, led by alabama and georgia, then lsu and florida.  if that comp makes recruits more interested in a&m and their limited upside/success thru association, then that's on them.

i agree that the aggies will likely continue to win 8-9, but they'll also continue losing 4-5.  way it is now.  if the o/u on seccg appearances over the next 10 years was .5 for them, how many of you would take the over?  would any aggie fans even take the over?

27 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'd obviously keep recruiting Zach Evans, but Herman should prioritize flipping McClellan. I think he's just as good as Evans, but yeah Herman has the connection with Evans brother. 

I’d stick with Evans and let Jase go.  Gonna risk losing them both.  Don’t trust this interest in Texas crap. 

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

image.png

Wasn't Omeire all aggy until the season played out and he took notice how big WR's were used in our offense compared to aggy?

Hopefully at some point the big WR that's Kenyatta Watson's teammate visits and the big WR in Cali. that we've offered.

I've also seen the big WR at Temple mentioned.

1 minute ago, Bigbend1812 said:

I’d stick with Evans and let Jase go.  Gonna risk losing them both.  Don’t trust this interest in Texas crap. 

without knowing his backstory at all, how did we let a bluechip texas hs rb, who's related to a recent successful horn, commit to oklahoma this early?  he must hate us.

10 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

FWK is salty because he didn't get to take Demas to Austin and get all the attention/payment from Aggy that would have come his way. The last thing he wants is kids like Demas thinking and doing things on their own.

Now Herman has got to know when to stop chasing these lost causes, but I am afraid his ego prevents him from giving up. No matter how talented these drama queens are they never impact the program.

Kary Vincent and his dad say sup. 

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Weekend is still salvageable assuming the unpleasantness with Demas didn't affect the other recruits there. The other post-visit reactions are all positive.

It's not a matter of "salvage" as we garnered at least one commit and generated plenty of positivity. You have believe that Herman knew the possibilities with Demas and footie bitch. The sky is far from falling.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Weekend is still salvageable assuming the unpleasantness with Demas didn't affect the other recruits there. The other post-visit reactions are all positive.

Salvageable? We are going to land all of our top OL targets and the weekend will be a big reason why. Not to mention the potentially best player in the state, Broughton. 

Yea, we might be able to “salvage” this  weekend. Right after you Summer’s Eve all of that sand out of your vagina. 

• Like 4

Just now, RabidM said:

He's training too many good prospects to not play the game.

One of the many, many reasons we need to be recruiting nationally.  If a Texas kid is offended and some reality talk re: SEC and/or A$M, that's on them.  Plenty of talented players across the country that recognize the trajectory of the program and significance of beating both OU and UGa this year.  

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Salvageable? We are going to land all of our top OL targets and the weekend will be a big reason why. Not to mention the potentially best player in the state, Broughton. 

Yea, we might be able to “salvage” this  weekend. Right after you Summer’s Eve all of that sand out of your vagina. 

Broughton is our belated Leal. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Broughton is our belated Leal. 

If there is a position I am not worried about finding quality players, WR comes to mind. We have an in with at least two elite WR’s already. And this is also instructive about Evans. Better to find out now where we stand and build plans so that we do not get Cain’ed again next year. 

• Like 1