Selling a car yo self

All these people are too old school. I used this when I was selling my GLA45 AMG and they were awesome. All you have to do is send them some good pictures and they will write the listing and everything for you and put it on every website except craigslist that sells cars (autotrader, ebay motors, cargurus, etc etc) they manage scheduling test drives to your location on your defined schedule and they handle all the title transfer and payout (if someone is financing and not paying cash) - they also match you with potential dealers who want to buy it for trade-in.

https://www.tred.com/

Thank me later.

• Like 1

34 k offer was from carvana, will try gimme the vin too.

As far as tax break goes I have about 20k equity in it, and have 2 car payments. Was gonna take proceeds from sale and pay off other car loan with 11k left the use what’s left as a down payment .

All these people are too old school. I used this when I was selling my GLA45 AMG and they were awesome. All you have to do is send them some good pictures and they will write the listing and everything for you and put it on every website except craigslist that sells cars (autotrader, ebay motors, cargurus, etc etc) they manage scheduling test drives to your location on your defined schedule and they handle all the title transfer and payout (if someone is financing and not paying cash) - they also match you with potential dealers who want to buy it for trade-in.
https://www.tred.com/
Thank me later.

Interesting , looks like they charge 2.99% of the selling price though seems kinda steep

9 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

34 k offer was from carvana, will try gimme the vin too.

As far as tax break goes I have about 20k equity in it, and have 2 car payments. Was gonna take proceeds from sale and pay off other car loan with 11k left the use what’s left as a down payment .

I was referring to the new car sales tax you will have to pay, depending on what you get the 36k private sale might be worth less then the trade in offer of 34k, depending on sales tax. Just something to keep in mind. 

I was referring to the new car sales tax you will have to pay, depending on what you get the 36k private sale might be worth less then the trade in offer of 34k, depending on sales tax. Just something to keep in mind. 

Right plan on getting a used car, thought the sales tax break only works if you put the entire proceeds toward purchase , I only plan on using small amount of proceeds for down payment
  • Like 1

I'll sell it for ya.  Whatever you need sold, I'll sell.  You could bring in a tank, I'll sell the fucking thing.  You know, so at times these fuckers they gotta buy.  You know, I need dough like anyone.  So what do ya think?  We got something going here or what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You really need to do the math. You are going to have to pay sales tax and registration fees for whatevery you purchase. It's $6.25% in Texas, though you can get fucked(as I know) on the value of a Used vehicle at the tax office on the value they allocate the vehicle.  Only reason I know is I bought a car cheap a few years back because it needed some work,  I got a great deal had a receipt, and was taxed nearly twice what I paid... That really pissed me off after some great negotiating.

I personally hate having more than one car payment. 

I would have been watching Craigslist constantly at what Tundra's have been going for. Here is your Austin competition https://austin.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=tundra&sort=date&min_auto_year=2015&max_auto_year=2018

If I thought I could get another few thousand I probably try to sell it myself.  I also depends how good you are at closing to shorten your number of human contacts. The give me the ViN, Carvana are clean sales.  I would probably be looking for a vehicle I could be content with that got me only the smaller payment on the wife's car, then hammer that down before I took out a new larger loan.  Especially since cash flow is the issue with two payments. My two cents, but I will drive something crappy to have money in other places rather than have a new truck.  Luckily I am getting close on paying off the wife's note and then I will get a new truck, that I will drive it 10+ years.  Did I say I hate two payments? 😉  Good luck!

2 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Never done it before , looking to get rid of my 17 tundra 4x4.

Have trade in offers for 34k, but think I could get 36-37 doing it myself . How much of a pain will it be ? Thinking of posting on auto trader , any other sites better?

I think you'll have a hard time finding a cash buyer at that price. Will a bank lend on a private deal like this?

1 hour ago, mapplewhite132 said:

I think you'll have a hard time finding a cash buyer at that price. Will a bank lend on a private deal like this?

this is the MAJOR issue right here

I understand you probably do not even mean a "cash buyer" as in someone that simply has the cash to buy it outright, but you are including those that get a loan from a credit union or bank and then buy it outright from the seller

the VAST majority of Americans are simply too stupid to understand that if they qualify for any type of decent loan rate at a car dealer (or even a not so great rate) they will most likely also qualify for as good or better of a loan at a bank or credit union

they believe that getting a car means financing at a dealer period the end that that is the same for most new car buyers as well

I am rarely of the opinion that "time is too valuable" when to comes to $1,000 or more (and often much less), but when you are talking about selling a car and all the other bullshit that goes with it, the extra payments as things drag on for months, dealing with the transfer of large amounts of cash ect. sometimes it is just easier to trade it in or sell it to a "we buy your car" place and move on

you can always advertise it yourself and see how it goes, but be prepared for a lot of bullshit especially low ballers and just straight up fucking freaks that seem to get off on calling every 8 to 10 days saying they are coming to look at it and do you still have it then they call a day or two before and some bullshit drama is happening to them and repeat

and generally a bank or credit union will lend on a private deal if they can get the seller to deliver the title to them as the money (check) is handed over......that probably complicated things slightly for the OP since they have a loan still out on the vehicle being sold and they need to clear that before they have a title to present to the lender of the buyer

some people do of course qualify for a loan without that security or they can qualify for a period of time to obtain the title before they turn it over

Edited by ButtFumble

Put it on craigslist first.  I had an older Expedition that was low mileage.  I think Carmax offered me $200.  Two days on craigslist and I had a cash buyer for $3,500.  Still a bargain, but fast and easy. 

I know this car is in a different paygrade, but it's all the same.  Take a picture of their license and let them take it on a test drive.  If they steal it, call the insurance company.  But they probably won't steal it.  Download the forms and transfer title, etc.  If they have financing, communicate with their lender before accepting anything and do the deal in the lender's office. 

6 hours ago, mapplewhite132 said:

Most lenders are stupid lazy.  Many/Most/All just look up the car in NADA.com an won't give a loan for over the amount it says. Sometimes that's a fair market price, sometimes it's a bit low.  As a private seller, that's your cap. 

If you traded it in on the other hand, a dealer can potentially go higher than kbb or nada since they can finance it themselves (for whatever they want)