Utah at USC - 8 pm on FS1

Zavala

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

SC is still loaded with 4-5 star recruits.

The only thing against all odds is how shitty they have been.  

You're right that was the wrong phrase. Not against all odds. More like against all shitfuck happenings in the AD office. 

• Like 1

Just now, Treefidy said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the LSU game had something other than B12 refs because I finally subjected myself to a rewatch and Sterns would have been ejected >3 times for targeting/helmet to helmet.  

SECSECSEC refs, ya didn't recognize em? Called a decent game

Just now, Zavala said:

SECSECSEC refs, ya didn't recognize em? Called a decent game

That's what I figured and officiating should be standardized across the board.  If holding is or isn't going to be called the technique can be developed to accommodate.   Having different standards during the season is bullshit.  

One thing about SEC refs seems they don't call much holding and they let the players play without calling every helmet contact.   Protect the players for sure, but they wear helmets for a reason and helmets will collide.  

Its insane sometimes seeing targeting called when it happens, meanwhile if you watch line play every down the trenches collide.  Just have a look at an OL or DL helmet after any game

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

That's what I figured and officiating should be standardized across the board.  If holding is or isn't going to be called the technique can be developed to accommodate.   Having different standards during the season is bullshit.  

One thing about SEC refs seems they don't call much holding and they let the players play without calling every helmet contact.   Protect the players for sure, but they wear helmets for a reason and helmets will collide.  

Its insane sometimes seeing targeting called when it happens, meanwhile if you watch line play every down the trenches collide.  Just have a look at an OL or DL helmet after any game

SEC refs allow full on jiu jitsu by the OL's and it's infuriating.

And then, with a few minutes left in the game, holding suddenly becomes illegal.

They also make just as many stupid mistakes as any other conference's crews

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

True. It's a difficult thing though, calling games. 

The real headscratcher is the "blindside" block. Wut the fuck is that? Dudes head isn't on a swivel, ya give him a clean pop from the front, then a penelty. Sheeit

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

SEC refs allow full on jiu jitsu by the OL's and it's infuriating.

And then, with a few minutes left in the game, holding suddenly becomes illegal.

They also make just as many stupid mistakes as any other conference's crews

Eh, at least they don't take very long. The most frustrating thing is when the big12 refs stop the game and huddle up EVERY fucking call and it takes soooo long. Reviews are done on obvious shit and take forever too.

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He slammed the QB to the ground after he had released the ball.  That's been an automatic penalty for several years.  Come on...

Sure, when you slow it down in super slow mo. In reality, the ball had been out of the hand of the QB for a fraction of a second when he got hit.

So like i said, the defender is either supposed to pull up and risk not making a play(because the QB could just be pump faking) and get chewed out by coach, or he could do what he did, get called for roughing, and get chewed out by coach.

9 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Eh, at least they don't take very long. The most frustrating thing is when the big12 refs stop the game and huddle up EVERY fucking call and it takes soooo long. Reviews are done on obvious shit and take forever too.

The Big 12 officials do seem to enjoy regular moments of reflection/meditation.

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sure, when you slow it down in super slow mo. In reality, the ball had been out of the hand of the QB for a fraction of a second when he got hit.

So like i said, the defender is either supposed to pull up and risk not making a play(because the QB could just be pump faking) and get chewed out by coach, or he could do what he did, get called for roughing, and get chewed out by coach.

I was watching a game from the early 80's recently.  Lots of option.  I'd forgotten how much violence there used to be in the game that would never fly today.

If the QB pitched the ball, you still mowed his ass into the turf, no matter how many steps you took. 

WR missed the catch?  No matter. BAM!!!

Helmet to helmet?  LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Urban probably agreed to work this game so he would be there to vulture in after the loss, but Utah fucking up and delaying his next gig.  

Sucks for Michigan fans to listen to Urban talk about their poor offense...  

GO FUCKIN BLUE vs the ohio state... 😆