Most of the SEC is outright crap

sushihorn

49 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Can't stomach the SEC members sucking each other off.  It's gross & pitiful.  My God.  

• Only play 8 conference games
  • VERY rarely scheduling good West & East conf teams vs each other
  • Everyone plays 3 complete patsies every year (including FCS)
  • All scheduling 1 of these patsies in the most pathetic November weekend imaginable to get a leg up when rankings are being solidified for post season
  • All culminating in everyone's rankings being artificially inflated which helps everyone else's rankings when they play via a feedback loop
  • Oh and the cherrypicking of bowl game opponents.  Cowards.

Yeah, SEC cross divisional rival set-up is weird :

•  Bama plays Tennessee  (every yr)
  • Auburn vs Georgia         (every yr)
  • LSU vs Florida                 (every yr)
  • Ole Miss vs Vandy           (every yr)
  • Miss State vs Kentucky   (every yr)
  • Arky vs Mizzu.                  (every yr)
  • Aggy vs GameCocks       (every yr)

So while Bama gets to feast on Tenn every year, LSU has to play a much tougher Florida, and Auburn has to play a much tougher Georgia.

The damn deck is STACKED IN BAMA'S FAVOR...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Actually I think those matchups are theoretically well done. It is not the SEC's fault Tennessee is now a joke, they were traditionally one of the SEC powerhouses.

True, and they're also a traditional rival of Alabama's, which is the real reason it became the annual x-div game.

I believe Auburn-Georgia and Vandy-Ole Miss are also traditional rivalries, though I'm not certain.  

Edited by utee94

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Actually I think those matchups are theoretically well done. It is not the SEC's fault Tennessee is now a joke, they were traditionally one of the SEC powerhouses.

SEC should go to 9 conference games so Bama plays Georgia and Florida more often during the regular season. 

It's crazy that a player could be at an SEC school for 5years and never play one of the schools from the other division.

Just now, Scholz said:

My point was due to the only 8-conference game slate, the cross divisional games in that conference are limited as a result.  This is aggy's 8th year there and the 1st time they've played Georgia.  I guess they'll get them again in 2027-28?

Playing your conference foes twice in 20 years, because it just means more!

• Haha 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

I like how you go on the road at Georgia once every dozen years if you are not Auburn in the SEC West.

Super conferences are just terrible. I hope Texas never ends up in one.

Agreed.  The best would be 6 10 team conferences playing round robins and three OOC games.  No conference title games.  8 team playoff.  6 conference winners.  2 at large.  You would have a lot more great OOC games because winning the conference is the key to playoffs.

12 team conferences are not "that" bad.  The way the Big 12 was with 5 divisional games and 3 cross divisional games plus a conference title game means you are playing every cross divisional team twice every 4 years.

14 and larger is just stupid.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Agreed.  The best would be 6 10 team conferences playing round robins and three OOC games.  No conference title games.  8 team playoff.  6 conference winners.  2 at large.  You would have a lot more great OOC games because winning the conference is the key to playoffs.

12 team conferences are not "that" bad.  The way the Big 12 was with 5 divisional games and 3 cross divisional games plus a conference title game means you are playing every cross divisional team twice every 4 years.

I still did not like going years without playing Kansas State and Nebraska though.

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

True, and they're also a traditional rival of Alabama's, which is the real reason it became the annual x-div game.

I believe Auburn-Georgia and Vandy-Ole Miss are also traditional rivalries, though I'm not certain.  

IIRC, Bama-Tennessee and Auburn-Georgia were the two games that those schools weren't willing to give up, which is why we have the 6-1-1 format.  And agreed on the format sucking.  Its really shitty that kids can play 4 years and not see all the teams in the conference.  I believe the block of schools with in-state OOC rivalry games are holding that back.  Being risk-averse bitches, they don't want to have that extra "hard" game on the schedule when other teams get to skate by.  Yes, I'm including Florida in there, Foley was the epitomy of risk-averse bitch (great AD when it comes to all sports, revenue, etc, but soft when it came to risk).  Stricklin is changing that momentum (home and homes with Miami, Utah, Texas, Colorado on top of FSU and some neutral site P5 games over the next 12 years), but I'm guessing he would still vote no if the rest of the conference only has to schedule one P5 OOC game.  That is the current rule, one P5 OOC game on top of the 6-1-1 format.  You can see who that benefits.    

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s obvious why gata fans are the ones trying to prop this myth up. Their team isn’t that good and has no business being ranked top 10, but they’ll feast on horrible teams like Miami, UK, Tenn, Vandy, and USC (plus 2 cup cakes in Towson and UT Martin) while probably going 0-3 against LSU, Auburn, and UGA but barely dropping in the rankings each loss. Maybe they’ll win one of those 3 if they’re lucky, but a top 50 team in the country could would win 8-9 games with their schedule. So they’ll get propped up by their conference as a top 15 team when a bunch of teams could accomplish the same record with their schedule.

Towson and Tennessee Martin?

Holy shit. Fuck you, Florida. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

This is exactly right. Until conference champs are guaranteed a playoff berth, then there really is no playoff at all. It's a fucking joke.

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The best would be 6 10 team conferences playing round robins and three OOC games.  No conference title games.  8 team playoff.  6 conference winners.  2 at large.  You would have a lot more great OOC games because winning the conference is the key to playoffs.

This rat cheer  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

the SEC consists of bama, georgia and lsu and then the SECuckolds lead by the head cuck cheerleader aggy followed by the other shitty teams.

Can we wait until December to disregard the Boogereaters on the Plains?  As long as they have their present defense and Steele as D coord, they will be in every game.  Boogs at LSU in a few weeks should be interesting.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:08 AM, utee94 said:

We're going to continue to point out the bullshittery and hypocrisy on our TEXAS message board.  This discussion is going to keep happening over and over until the mediots stop doing it.

Nobody here wants to hear you defend a bullshit system all whilst chanting SECSECSEC and telling us we just have to take it.  No, we don't.

And if you don't like that, leave.

Fuck you, you illiterate pussy.   If you can't handle a simple stat sheet recitation, leave and let the grownups chat.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:18 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

The SEC's recent success has tracked right alongside the brand management work done by CBS and ESPN over the past 25 years. Ever since CBS lost NFC games to Fox back in 1994 or 1995 and signed their exclusive deal with the SEC the promotion of that league has netted unmatched results. The league's success over that duration of time is tied directly to their unparalleled exposure.  Give another entire conference that same level of brand support and you'll have similar results. 

Lots of truth to this.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:05 AM, LTtxfan said:

SEC should go to 9 conference games so Bama plays Georgia and Florida more often during the regular season. 

It's crazy that a player could be at an SEC school for 5years and never play one of the schools from the other division.

Word.   We used to play Auburn every year.   We get them this year, although I predict our over-ranked asses will lose.  But that is why we play the game.

We get LSU every year, while somebody in the east gets Piggie and somebody gets Mississippi State every year.  Sucks, but there you go.      We sorta like LSU. Always good close games.  And we schedule them for homecoming a lot, which pisses them off.