Are food and beer available early at State Fair?

Wiler77

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Might consider buying coupons on-line to save the trip??

But then you don't get Friday at the Fair where you avoid all of the lines and general press of humanity all around, which is why I go on Friday.

Being able to buy my Saturday coupons a day ahead is just the bonus.

Sounds like you noobs don't know where the secret short coupon line is. Too bad I can't share that info with you. This is only something you learn on your own, and once you realize it you vow to never share it with anyone but your closest most trustworthy friends and family. 

Sounds like you noobs don't know where the secret short coupon line is. Too bad I can't share that info with you. This is only something you learn on your own, and once you realize it you vow to never share it with anyone but your closest most trustworthy friends and family. 

I was about to say, I don’t think I’ve ever waited in line for coupons for more than five minutes.

SI story...

https://www.si.com/college/2019/10/09/oklahoma-texas-state-fair 

Oklahoma-Texas Has Playoff Implications, but Fried Fair Food Never Takes a Backseat to Football

The college football world will be watching Oklahoma-Texas on Saturday, but the food at the State Fair of Texas is just as big a part of the Red River Rivalry as the game itself.

By:   LAKEN LITMAN.  2 HOURS AGO

(Edit:  End of article quote -- "While vendors don’t normally show their Texas or OU allegiance that day for fear of retribution, Fletcher and Erpillo agree they make more money if a certain team wins.  “It’s better for business if OU wins,” Erpillo says. “If they lose, they get mad and go home. Texas fans are going to stay and party anyway.”)

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I was about to say, I don’t think I’ve ever waited in line for coupons for more than five minutes.

For the n00bz, the three best coupon booths are the one at the main entrance, the one at the Panam entrance, and the one inside the food pavilion/tower building.  Those are guaranteed shortest lines throughout the entire day.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, utee94 said:

For the n00bz, the three best coupon booths are the one at the main entrance, the one at the Panam entrance, and the one inside the food pavilion/tower building.  Those are guaranteed shortest lines throughout the entire day.

Note to self, avoid these three 

6 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

Yes, those coupons will get you beer. 

Correct.... coupons are used to purchase beer.

"State Fair of Texas coupons are sold for $0.50 each at coupon booths located throughout the Fair. One coupon sheet with 20 coupons is sold for $10. You can purchase coupons with cash or credit card (American Express, Visa, Discover, and MasterCard). You can also purchase coupons online. State Fair coupons are used for food, drinks, and rides."

On 10/9/2019 at 1:02 PM, utee94 said:

But then you don't get Friday at the Fair where you avoid all of the lines and general press of humanity all around, which is why I go on Friday.

Being able to buy my Saturday coupons a day ahead is just the bonus.

Dallas currently 45 degrees, raining and wind out of NNW at 18mph....  Wind chill 32degrees

Great Friday Fair Weather... Have fun @utee94  😬 

Edited by LTtxfan