Grad transfer thread

Sbbruin

5 minutes ago, Parliament said:

You're asking if he'll graduate this Spring?  Not sure, but I gotta believe he will.  Would be dumb if he transferred and had to sit out.  

Yes, quickly browsed the articles about him transferring yesterday, and none of them mentioned him graduating

4 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

Yea you’re correct my bad.  I was thinking of the center from Ohio State.  Regardless I feel he’s a solid option.

Absolutely. Texas has 2 spots open on the 85 man count, both should be used on grad transfers if possible. Hines and Watson would be two great additions.

• 2 weeks later...

Texas Tech OL Justin Murphy admitted to UCLA grad education program.  We've had some trouble getting potential grad transfers into our grad programs, as the grad schools don't want to take someone who just takes up a spot in the program, and can't handle the workload.  We need a basketweaving grad program.

Joe Burrow graduated yesterday. His dad is a former Nebraska player and/or coach (and currently a position coach for Solich at Ohio.)

Frost would use him to good effect. Burrow isn't the physical talent that Frost was, but there are similarities.

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/qb-joe-burrow-ohio-state-football-transfer

After weeks of struggling with this decision, I have decided to leave Ohio State and explore other options. My teammates and coaches all know the love I feel for them. I will decide where I will play next year in the coming weeks.

Gotta say, by stretching this out SO far, he's being a prima dona.

12 minutes ago, Parliament said:

After weeks of struggling with this decision, I have decided to leave Ohio State and explore other options. My teammates and coaches all know the love I feel for them. I will decide where I will play next year in the coming weeks.

He must've seen Matthew Baldwin throw. After all, he is the future of the program at tOSU.

14 minutes ago, Parliament said:

you-want-some-cheese-with-that-whine.jpg

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Good luck getting him to come here with 4 blue-chip QBs on the roster.

We have 4 blue chip recruits on campus, one of which has proven he isnt a blue chip player and one who still needs a lot of development before we know. We would have to be crazy to not hand Burrow the starting job over Ehlinger or Buechele. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And how does he have 2 years of eligibility left?  Was here 4, and took a RS.  I count 1 year left?

To the "cheese and whine" comment, you're somewhat right.  Burrow leaving means Lilliputian Martel will play.  I don't like that man.

I hope Garret Wilson doesn't like Tater Tot either and rethinks his commitment to Brutus Buckeye.

7 minutes ago, Caddox said:

We have 4 blue chip recruits on campus, one of which has proven he isnt a blue chip player and one who still needs a lot of development before we know. We would have to be crazy to not hand Burrow the starting job over Ehlinger or Buechele. 

It's a matter of convincing Burrow that. Grad transfer QBs typically like to go where they have a near-guaranteed shot of starting, and Herman typically doesn't do that.

Anyway, it looks like Florida is a possible landing spot.

Edited by Machinator

On 4/19/2018 at 7:22 AM, Parliament said:

https://theozone.net/2018/04/matthew-burrell-transferring-ohio-state/

Fourth-year junior offensive lineman Matthew Burrell announced via social media on Wednesday that he is transferring from the Ohio State football program.

Burrell, from Woodbridge, Virginia, was a valuable reserve guard for the Buckeyes in 2016 and 2017. He earned letters in each of the past two seasons, playing in 25 of OSU’s 27 games in that span.

Burrell signed with Ohio State as the No. 7 offensive guard prospect in the 2015 recruiting class. He redshirted as a true freshman.

I was wrong.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, Fud said:

Is there confirmation anywhere that he'd be a grad transfer?

Looks like he was not as he has transferred to Sam Houston, so that he can become immediately eligible. Maybe we get him next year? 

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/matthew-burrell-ohio-state-football-transfer-sam-houston-state

7 minutes ago, Caddox said:

17 minutes ago, Caddox said:

We should be going after Burrow big time. Much better than anything we have on campus at this moment. 

What are you basing this off of? He's thrown 39 passes in his entire career, pretty much only in garbage time and he was a lower ranked recruit than any of our QBs on campus.  Also, there's almost no chance he comes here, regardless. A grad transfer QB is going to want a thinner, less talented depth chart than what we have.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

What are you basing this off of? He's thrown 39 passes in his entire career, pretty much only in garbage time and he was a lower ranked recruit than any of our QBs on campus.  Also, there's almost no chance he comes here, regardless. A grad transfer QB is going to want a thinner, less talented depth chart than what we have.

Backup QB syndrome..... He's always better than the bum that's out there.  Nebraska maybe like Daddy?

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Buechele shouldnt even be in the conversation. Guy is worthless. Bad fit for our offense, made of glass, and can't pull the trigger. 

Ehlinger desperately needed a redshirt. Once again we were forced to start a true freshman and who knows what it did to him mentally. Would be great to get him into a backup role where he can continue to develop mentally. I still think he can be a serviceable qb for us but I wouldnt bet on it. 

I like our two freshman, but I want them both to shirt. We absolutely cannot keep throwing freshman in there, its a program killer. (At least until we get this offense stabilized.) 

Burrow came very close to winning the job up there. ve seen a lot of Ohio State fans that were sorry he didnt win the job and aren't happy to see him go. Obv I don't know as much about him as I do Ehlinger, but what i do know about Ehlinger makes me feel pretty comfortable giving the job to Burrow. 

Yall are right though, he isnt going to give us a look, but it isnt because hes scared of the depth chart. He's scared of our dog shit offense. 

• Fuck You 3

45 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And how does he have 2 years of eligibility left?  Was here 4, and took a RS.  I count 1 year left?

To the "cheese and whine" comment, you're somewhat right.  Burrow leaving means Lilliputian Martel will play.  I don't like that man.

After Tater signed that shaggy guy's program with "he's ass my dude", he's alright in my book

4 hours ago, Caddox said:

Buechele shouldnt even be in the conversation. Guy is worthless. Bad fit for our offense, made of glass, and can't pull the trigger. 

Ehlinger desperately needed a redshirt. Once again we were forced to start a true freshman and who knows what it did to him mentally. Would be great to get him into a backup role where he can continue to develop mentally. I still think he can be a serviceable qb for us but I wouldnt bet on it. 

I like our two freshman, but I want them both to shirt. We absolutely cannot keep throwing freshman in there, its a program killer. (At least until we get this offense stabilized.) 

Burrow came very close to winning the job up there. ve seen a lot of Ohio State fans that were sorry he didnt win the job and aren't happy to see him go. Obv I don't know as much about him as I do Ehlinger, but what i do know about Ehlinger makes me feel pretty comfortable giving the job to Burrow. 

Yall are right though, he isnt going to give us a look, but it isnt because hes scared of the depth chart. He's scared of our dog shit offense. 

Sam's mentality is his greatest asset when he's not concussed. 

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

15-17 in Columbus, 18-19 at new school.

54 minutes ago, PatSolitanojr said:

Sam's mentality is his greatest asset when he's not concussed. 

Not sure how you can say this when all we have really seen is a dumb freshman that made dumb mistakes that cost us games. Thats great he wants to win but that hasn't really translated into protecting the ball in crunch time yet. Not really fair we threw him out there as a true freshman but at best the jury is still out on what he has upstairs. 

On 4/19/2018 at 7:22 AM, Parliament said:

https://theozone.net/2018/04/matthew-burrell-transferring-ohio-state/

Fourth-year junior offensive lineman Matthew Burrell announced via social media on Wednesday that he is transferring from the Ohio State football program.

Burrell, from Woodbridge, Virginia, was a valuable reserve guard for the Buckeyes in 2016 and 2017. He earned letters in each of the past two seasons, playing in 25 of OSU’s 27 games in that span.

Burrell signed with Ohio State as the No. 7 offensive guard prospect in the 2015 recruiting class. He redshirted as a true freshman.

I was wrong.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, Fud said:

Is there confirmation anywhere that he'd be a grad transfer?

Burrell was not a grad transfer, as I suspected. He transferred down to FCS (Sam Houston State) so he wouldn't have to sit out a year.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/05/former_ohio_state_offensive_li_1.html

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Burrell was not a grad transfer, as I suspected. He transferred down to FCS (Sam Houston State) so he wouldn't have to sit out a year.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/05/former_ohio_state_offensive_li_1.html

tenor.gif?itemid=5537226

23 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Looks like he was not as he has transferred to Sam Houston, so that he can become immediately eligible. Maybe we get him next year? 

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/matthew-burrell-ohio-state-football-transfer-sam-houston-state

Unless he graduates from SHSU, he still has to sit out when moving up to FBS. I don’t know how many credits from OSU will xfer over. JUCO is the usual route if you’d rather play live snaps at a lower-level before going back to FBS. Or if your original coach is a dickbag and you need to circumvent a list of blocked schools.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, UDontKnow said:

Seriously, dude? Yes originally it was "he's ass my dude". Nobody is contesting that. The event Texifornia is referring to came later. A dude on shaggy got Martell to sign his program at a summer event and he wrote "A&M is ass my dude." Anyway, it's not a big deal. It's just funnier that he wrote that.

Edited by Bevo14

7 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Seriously, dude? Yes originally it was "he's ass my dude". Nobody is contesting that. The event Texifornia is referring to came later. A dude on shaggy got Martell to sign his program at a summer event and he wrote "A&M is ass my dude." Anyway, it's not a big deal. It's just funnier that he wrote that.

0479BD8F-36DD-4B8B-BDA7-5D3A47FFD9E7_zps

• Like 4
  • Haha 1