Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

RCs pump and dump pick for next week and for degenerate gamblers

UAVS (drones) apparently has a big announcement on Thursday for a major business contract potentially Amazon or Walmart (or buy VISL at a third the price and hope there is spill over excitement for bigger gains).

Fuck yeah, now we're talking.

48 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

RCs pump and dump pick for next week and for degenerate gamblers

UAVS (drones) apparently has a big announcement on Thursday for a major business contract potentially Amazon or Walmart (or buy VISL at a third the price and hope there is spill over excitement for bigger gains).

Pump now or wait till next week?

Pump now or wait till next week?
My guess is that it will jump Monday for people getting on board for the week. Drop Tuesday on the sell off by people like me to secure their investments. Pump back up higher on Wednesday and Thursday morning in anticipation and then fall off a cliff or go to the moon based on the news.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it around 0.80-0.90 mid week. Remember to protect your ass

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

My guess is that it will jump Monday for people getting on board for the week. Drop Tuesday on the sell off by people like me to secure their investments. Pump back up higher on Wednesday and Thursday morning in anticipation and then fall off a cliff or go to the moon based on the news.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it around 0.80-0.90 mid week. Remember to protect your ass

Yes sir. Thanks for the info!

Sharing from a fellow stonker thats in with me on UAVS. It resembles my research and I'm lazy (or energy efficient as I like to put it).

Amazon recently hired a former Boeing executive to run their Prime Air Service, UAVS recently just moved up their Corporate Conference Update call to the same day as Amazons

They hit a PR a week ago: representing significant new revenue, the new purchase orders relate to the continued manufacturing and assembly of drones used for the testing and refining of the client’s commercial drone small package delivery vehicles, systems and operations - this was found by a source on twitter and I looked into it, they did hit a new PR and most probable case is the one stated by the twitter source, new revenue.

They stated in a email that, "we are actively engaged with a major ecommerce company for the manufacturing and assembly of drones." With their Conference call moved up to the same days as Amazons, that might be hinting at something, but regardless if its Amazon or not, as long as it's a major ecommerce company, the stock's value is ought to go up.

• Like 2

Sharing from a fellow stonker thats in with me on UAVS. It resembles my research and I'm lazy (or energy efficient as I like to put it).

Amazon recently hired a former Boeing executive to run their Prime Air Service, UAVS recently just moved up their Corporate Conference Update call to the same day as Amazons

They hit a PR a week ago: representing significant new revenue, the new purchase orders relate to the continued manufacturing and assembly of drones used for the testing and refining of the client’s commercial drone small package delivery vehicles, systems and operations - this was found by a source on twitter and I looked into it, they did hit a new PR and most probable case is the one stated by the twitter source, new revenue.

They stated in a email that, "we are actively engaged with a major ecommerce company for the manufacturing and assembly of drones." With their Conference call moved up to the same days as Amazons, that might be hinting at something, but regardless if its Amazon or not, as long as it's a major ecommerce company, the stock's value is ought to go up.

UAVS may have big news on deck for Thursday, but I doubt it has anything to do with Amazon. Amazon spent ~ $36 billion last year on R&D, and already has working prototypes of commercial delivery drones along with FAA approval. Here are some comments from the guy who was running the program last year (https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/05/a-first-look-at-amazons-new-delivery-drone/)

Ahead of today’s announcement, I sat down with Gur Kimchi, Amazon’s VP for its Prime Air program, to talk about the progress the company has made in recent years and what makes this new drone special.

“Our sense and avoid technology is what makes the drone independently safe,” he told me. “I say independently safe because that’s in contrast to other approaches where some of the safety features are off the aircraft. In our case, they are on the aircraft.”

Kimchi also stressed that Amazon designed virtually all of the drone’s software and hardware stack in-house. “We control the aircraft technologies from the raw materials to the hardware, to software, to the structures, to the factory to the supply chain and eventually to the delivery,” he said. “And finally the aircraft itself has controls and capabilities to react to the world that are unique.”

And then you have AgEagle Aerial Systems (UAVS). At their size, just about any new retail partner can be accurately described as a major e-commerce company. A quick glance at their 2019 annual report shows that they pulled in ~$300K in revenue, spent ~$39K on R&D, and have 6 full-time employees. What the fuck could they possibly offer Amazon, or even Walmart for that matter?

This post is not a shot at RCRanger03, as he clearly introduced the stock as a weekly pump and dump....just more a comment about the tie-in to AMZN, which aint happening. But as we saw with DECN last week, that doesnt mean the stock cant run up hard between now and Thursday. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

And then you have AgEagle Aerial Systems (UAVS). At their size, just about any new retail partner can be accurately described as a major e-commerce company. A quick glance at their 2019 annual report shows that they pulled in ~$300K in revenue, spent ~$39K on R&D, and have 6 full-time employees. What the fuck could they possibly offer Amazon, or even Walmart for that matter?
This post is not a shot at RCRanger03, as he clearly introduced the stock as a weekly pump and dump....just more a comment about the tie-in to AMZN, which aint happening. But as we saw with DECN last week, that doesnt mean the stock cant run up hard between now and Thursday. 
Hey man no worries if you were taking shots. We're here to help each other make money and sometimes that requires an injection of reality

I'll definitely be pumping and dumping enough to cover my ass, but i have a decent feeling about UAVS as a long

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/consumer-spending-impacting-industries/

Stumbled across this breakdown on consumer spending forecast by market segment and by country. Not any big surprises and the two worst segments appear to be companies in the travel and apparel markets. But its a good sanity check vs companies recent performance in the market. One company from the apparel segment that sticks out to me is Nike. Their stock price is basically exactly where it was a year ago and also mid Nov., but its difficult for me to believe their revenue prospects for the upcoming year are  near as promising as they were. Their last earnings report was in March for the 3 months ending in Feb, so while some of the China disruption is reflected in the numbers, the US and Europe shutdowns had yet to set in. And while revenue for the quarter was up 5% YoY, net income was down close to 25%. 

Interestingly, longer term I'm bullish on NKE as they will undoubtedly take advantage of this retail apocalypse to accelerate consumer purchases through their own online initiatives. A $150 shoe sold at Footlocker results in $75 of revenue for Nike. A $150 shoe sold at Nike.com results in $150 of revenue for Nike. I imagine they are secretly salivating at the long-term implications of COVID. But their immediate challenge isn't where consumers will buy, but when they will buy. In 2008, NKE peaked at 17.5 before falling to 14.5 in the initial sell-off, quickly climbing back to 17, before then diving to 10 once the reality of the consumer spending slowdown in 2009 hit home. Of course Nike didn't have near the ability to sell direct to the consumer 10 years ago that they have today.  Theoretically if 100% of sales were online, they could sell half as much shit and make the same profit. But a shift of that magnitude doesn't happen overnight, and they currently are about 30% direct, 70% retail. When you are spending $100+ on a pair of athletic shoes, many people are going to try on a pair first, regardless of where they ultimately buy. 

Nike is one of those companies that is historically REALLY hard to bet against because of their dominance in a market that has seen steady growth and their incredible brand equity. However, neither of those factors would seem to offer much defense against a consumer retail customer base that has experienced an unprecedented loss of spending power and will have to cut discretionary spending.  The lack of any sporting events also makes it that much harder for their marketing juggernaut to reach consumers and generate buzz. If their stock does continue to hold steady or climb in the short term, I may have to buy some puts heading into June earnings. 

TLDR - thinking about buying NKE puts heading into June earnings call....tell me why that is a dumbass idea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

TLDR - thinking about buying NKE puts heading into June earnings call....tell me why that is a dumbass idea. 

It's a great, rational idea.  Which is exactly why it'll be a losing trade in this market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

Because just like the DIS puts I hold, everything says earnings have to be shit, and I can't see how they can give guidance, it holds right around 100; whereas I see it heading to 80 of less. Those parks and cruise ships aren't opening anytime soon.

19 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Because just like the DIS puts I hold, everything says earnings have to be shit, and I can't see how they can give guidance, it holds right around 100; whereas I see it heading to 80 of less. Those parks and cruise ships aren't opening anytime soon.

Funny you should say that, the only  company specific puts I hold right now are DIS (95p Sept exp). Gives me two earnings reports for the damage to show. Bought when DIS spiked to 108, so i'm up a bit, but I don't expect them to stay over 100 for much longer. An overall market correction or their May earnings call should do it. 

• Like 1

DECN's response to SEC suspension

https://www.accesswire.com/587124/DECN-Strongly-Questions-SECs-Unilateral-Imposition-Of-10-Day-Trading-Suspension--Company-Is-Undaunted-And-Still-Seeks-Expedited-FDA-EUA-Approval-For-Genviro-Swift-15-Virus-Test-Kit

DECN Strongly Questions SEC’s Unilateral Imposition Of 10-Day Trading Suspension -- Company Is Undaunted And Still Seeks Expedited FDA EUA Approval For Genviro! Swift :15 Virus Test Kit

Monday, April 27, 2020 12:30 AM

In The Face Of Significant Interest From Domestic And International Distributors, A Fortune 500 Company, Congressional Members And Inquiries From Media Outlets, The SEC's Unilateral Action Is Counter-Intuitive In The Face Of The COVID-19 Pandemic

LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / April 27, 2020 / Decision Diagnostics Corp. (OTC PINK:DECN) through its subsidiary Pharma Tech Solutions, Inc. the manufacturers and design specifiers for the :15 GenViro! Professional Swift Kit for testing Covid-19 testing, today discusses actions taken by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") on April 23, 2020. Specifically, the SEC issued a release announcing the temporary suspension in the trading of securities of Decision Diagnostics (DECN) pursuant to Section 12(k) of The Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Section 12(k) authorizes the SEC to summarily and unilaterally suspend trading in any security for a period not to exceed ten (10) days. The suspension, which by its terms is scheduled to expire at 11:59 PM on May 7, 2020, stated it was based on questions regarding the accuracy and adequacy of certain information concerning DECN in the marketplace since at least March 3, 2020, which was some fifty-one (51) days before the suspension was issued.

Prior to the trading suspension Keith Berman, DECN's CEO, had voluntarily submitted to over three hours of interviews conducted by SEC staff members over multiple days. At the conclusion of the second interview a third interview was requested by the staff. Instead the SEC suspended trading without warning or further discussion.

Despite the interim trading suspension, DECN, through its subsidiary Pharma Tech Solutions, Inc., intends to press its negotiations with the FDA for expedited approval of the company's GenViro! Swift Kit for the testing of the Covid-19 virus. While the proposed testing kit would be new, and to the best of DECN's knowledge, different than any other kit for which regulatory approval is now also being sought, the technology is fundamentally built on a platform designed by the company in 2018 to service diabetics. This product called GenUltimate! TBG has been offered by DECN in International markets since the Fall of 2019. DECN believes its core impedance technology, proven to provide enhanced accuracy in testing for diabetics, was quickly reengineered for Covid-19 testing and that upon final FDA approval may well result in inexpensive and easy to use test kits for the detection of Covid-19. In an effort to expedite the regulatory approval process DECN has initially only sought approval of its GenViro! Swift professional testing kits, designed to be used in various facilities. DECN shortly plans seeking FDA approval for the company's at-home test kits, which it believes will be even easier to use, this time by individuals at-home and businesses wishing to test employees as part of their "back to work" plans. Both GenViro! kits employ the company's impedance technology.

ABOUT DECISION DIAGNOSTICS CORP

Decision Diagnostics Corp. is the leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of diabetic test strips engineered to operate on legacy glucose meters. DECN's products are designed to operate efficiently and less expensively on certain glucose meters already in use by almost 7.5 million diabetics worldwide. With new inspired technology diabetic test strips already in the final stages of development, DECN products compete on a worldwide scale with legacy manufacturers currently selling to 71+ percent of a $15+ billion at-home testing market. The company's new GenViro!TM product designed to test for the Coronavirus Covid-19, is not yet available in the United States or Puerto Rico but Emergency Waivers are in process. Prior and during the pendency of the FDA review, our product concept has been presented to officials in Washington, DC. Subsequently we have enlisted the support of a lobbyist and several members of the U.S. Congress.

Forward-Looking Statements:

This release contains the company's forward-looking statements which are based on management's current expectations and assumptions as of April 24, 2020, regarding the company's business and performance, its prospects, current factors, the economy, and other future conditions and forecasts of future events, circumstances, and results.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Decision Diagnostics Corp.
Keith Berman (805) 446-2973
info@decisiondiagnostics.co
www.genultimate.com
www.genultimatetbg.com
www.pharmatechdirect.com

SOURCE: Decision Diagnostics Corp.

1 minute ago, RCRanger03 said:

Hope some of yall made some money on UAVS it's up in the .80 - .85 range with an announcement that makes it sound like their partner is UPS

I'm out for my investment and selling off the rest Thursday, recommend yall do the same.

Watched it this morning around .72 and didn't pull the trigger. Another good stonk call.  

Looking at the UAVS website, I just can't see what they would be doing for a package delivery service. Their current drones are meant to fly like airplanes and gather data, not anything that would carry packages. Maybe the idea is for them to gather data for the planning on the package delivery service?

Here is a pretty good PowerPoint UAVS put out in February.

https://2af5709d-5d5d-42ce-b099-b35395abb99f.filesusr.com/ugd/89e3c5_588a8f31f3d44903b23d2c2521f427fa.pdf

"The drone logistics and transportation market is projected to grow from $11.2 billion in 2022 to $29.1 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 21.01% during the forecast period… The commercial sector is estimated to lead the market in 2022 with increasing use of drones for parcel delivery, delivery of medical supplies and food delivery."

"Increasing demand for faster delivery in the logistics industry is fueling capital investments in drone delivery initiatives. In fact, the FAA reports that registration of commercial UAV market will triple in size by 2023 with an estimated 823,000 drones flying at that time."

"Recently entered high growth drone package delivery industry through contract with major ecommerce company • Custom component sourcing and UAV assembly for use in tethered flight testing"

9 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Looking at the UAVS website, I just can't see what they would be doing for a package delivery service. Their current drones are meant to fly like airplanes and gather data, not anything that would carry packages. Maybe the idea is for them to gather data for the planning on the package delivery service?

I question what a company with $300K in revenue, $38K in R&D investment and 6 employees can offer any serious ecommerce or shipping company. But that is irrelevant for the purposes of the pump and dump. As long as it stays in the hype cycle you can see major gains before Thursday, but I would probably ditch before the big announcement. 

• Like 1

If anyone makes a G off any of these picks, I fully expect a modest contribution to my next Lagavulin to help you celebrate lol Cash app $RCRanger03

I didn’t make enough for that, but you’ve helped me 2 for 2 now.  If I can nail one just right, I’d be in on a bottle. Continued thanks on the heads up. 

19 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

18 hours ago, Blotto said:

Funny you should say that, the only  company specific puts I hold right now are DIS (95p Sept exp). Gives me two earnings reports for the damage to show. Bought when DIS spiked to 108, so i'm up a bit, but I don't expect them to stay over 100 for much longer. An overall market correction or their May earnings call should do it. 

Did I miss the news today that DIS set a date to open the parks, cruise line are booking trips, stores are reopening?
No I did not, no real news from the Mouse....and yet it is up over  $5 for the day (and this is why I lose money on mid-long term puts....and I prefer these over near date expiry because you get more pain and frustration for your investment losses.
@#$(%* stupid market.....I know, I know IAPI (i'ts already priced in)

34 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Did I miss the news today that DIS set a date to open the parks, cruise line are booking trips, stores are reopening?
No I did not, no real news from the Mouse....and yet it is up over  $5 for the day (and this is why I lose money on mid-long term puts....and I prefer these over near date expiry because you get more pain and frustration for your investment losses.
@#$(%* stupid market.....I know, I know IAPI (i'ts already priced in)

I barely care what happens to DIS between now and May 5th when they open the kimono a bit and reveal the damage inflicted by the last few weeks of March. Their comments related to the Apr-Jun qtr, and the remainder of the year may be telling, or they may just refuse to make any predictions at all. And while I think that might be the first hint of danger, I really don't care that much about the reaction next week if it somehow causes a run in DIS. I'll probably take the opportunity to double down on my puts if that happens. 

Its that August earnings call that should be really ugly as it will reflect the current reality of no parks open, no movie theaters open (or films being produced), no sports on TV. I doubt the parks will be open in May, so best case they will have 1 month to generate revenue, and that also assumes that their typical customer load 1.) has the cash to throw at a Disney Vacation, 2.) Is comfortable jumping on a plane to get to Disney, 3.) with even minimal social distancing guidelines in effect, can fill up the parks to their pre-covid levels. Movie theaters may start to open sporadically, and good luck with sports on TV. 

I bought Sept puts precisely to allow for that Aug earnings call. If I'm wrong and they can turn a decent profit this quarter, than I tip my cap and eat my losses. Until that time, I only check the DIS price for a good chuckle. Its kind of the same deal as AAPL in Februray. Buying AAPL puts seemed like a no-brainer with China shutting down due to the impact on both the supply and demand side of Apples business. Yet for a couple of weeks after China started shutting down and I bought puts, AAPL just kept inching higher. I actually bought more to cost average down. It paid off in spades, and I have the same confidence in this trade. Show me the revenue Disney, I personally don't think its going to be there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Need more pump and less dump on UAVS.  Erasing yesterday in a hurry.  

I took profits yesterday and rebought in this morning in the low 80s. Should rise near close as people jump on board for the Thursday announcement. I'll probably offload 80% there again and keep 20% for the announcement just incase. So far it's following the pattern I thought it would in my first post (other than going higher on Monday than expected)

Missed out on my afterhours VISL profits though... here is to hoping a rising tide in the drone world lifts all boats. They have a May 8th presser that I'd like to be parking only profits in.

Edited by RCRanger03

57 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I took profits yesterday and rebought in this morning in the low 80s.

Yeah I rebought too high this AM is all.  I’m still squarely in the “expensive” portion of the leaning phase on trading individual stocks. 

One I’ve done OK on a few times in small bites is RIG. They’ve been hanging out between .95 and 1.05 for a while, up and down a bit from there.  I’ve picked them up on some big dips and sold the recovery the following day a few times now. Got in at .80 yesterday and hoping to pull back out in the next day or so with a bit. 

I believe that this is the right study. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04280705  The primary endpoint they are touting is time to recovery.  They are quiet on the secondary mortality endpoints in the releases that I read. They also bloated the release up with some open label results that don't provide any real insight into effectiveness.  

Until I get burned, I gonna keep doing a short term short on these bitches every time they do a pump game with a results leak.  

4 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

Also,

I am good at trading alcohol for assistance. RC has something coming for sure!

Glad you made some money!

I just locked in some more profits on UAVS. Putting the rest to work through the announcement

It's dragging VISL back up as well thank gawd. Need to offload some of that too

13 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

I’m extremely new at any stonks activity and I have a question for y’all. With amc jumping up so much today (popcorn futures driving it? /s) would this be an opportunity to bet that it will decrease? I’ve been reading up on option trading and I would like a opportunity to do it in real time

Yes, do what I did and buy puts on AMC and have it turn worthless