Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, bluto said:

Uuuu with an acq that tanked it today

Yeah, I'm fucking done with this one. The entire point of holding UUUU was to profit off a rise in the price of uranium. Lets check in on the various uranium stocks I have bookmarked.

image.png.85030ab0fccac8e43c0b4c586706f89c.png

You can guess which one I own.  

These ying yangs (UUUU) are doing the opposite of unlocking shareholder value in the short term and I’m as unhappy as anyone else with that.  Having said that, UUUU is working to develop a supply chain of monazite to make rare earths and today’s announced purchase of Base Resources is to establish more rare earth supply.  UUUU is targeting 1000 tons of neodymium and praesodyium production at their plant.  This is a big deal because our country does not want to have to rely on China for these rare earths.  Indeed, UUUU is working to see if the US government will help them pay for some of this under our government’s critical materials programs.    In regards to uranium, UUUU has restarted their uranium mines and it takes a bit for those costs to turn into earnings.  I don’t blame you if you want to jettison the stock, but I’m continuing to hold it with hopes of a large payoff down the line.

Edited by Harrison Stafford

3 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

These ying yangs (UUUU) are doing the opposite of unlocking shareholder value in the short term and I’m as unhappy as anyone else with that.  Having said that, UUUU is working to develop a supply chain of monazite to make rare earths and today’s announced purchase of Base Resources is to establish more rare earth supply.  UUUU is targeting 1000 tons of neodymium and praesodyium production at their plant.  This is a big deal because our country does not want to have to rely on China for these rare earths.  Indeed, UUUU is working to see if the US government will help them pay for some of this under our government’s critical materials programs.    In regards to uranium, UUUU has restarted their uranium mines and it takes a bit for those costs to turn into earnings.  I don’t blame you if you want to jettison the stock, but I’m continuing to hold it with hopes of a large payoff down the line.

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I would add that UUUU  has no debt, $1.57/sh in cash,  actually, has positive earnings, and is investing to grow. I like all that.  

Dilution of existing shareholders - either to Mgmt, VC, or other deities is a trademark of Stonks. Moose out front should have told you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Hey boys let’s party.  I am not as deep as HS (that’s what she said!). But this could be a nice ride.

IBRX is heavily shorted, so if it pops enough, we might get a nice squeeze. There is also the possibility when the PR is released manana that a partnership with Big Pharma is announced.  There’s also the possibility that the company sells some stock to raise money on a rally.  Short term, who the hell knows?  Long term, ImmunityBio has a serious pipeline and is just getting started.. @Hefeweizen  This should be a nice long ride (that’s what she said).

• Hook 'Em 1

SoonShiong Patrick Soon-Shiong, a partial owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, said Anktiva represents the first validation of what he called the “triangle offense” of an immune response. (Pier Marco Tacca/Getty Images)

After a merger and an FDA rejection, celebrity businessman and biotech entrepreneur Patrick Soon-Shiong’s ImmunityBio has landed the company’s first U.S. approval in the cancer immunotherapy Anktiva.

Anktiva, which is an interleukin-15 superagonist, is now cleared by the FDA alongside the Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccine to treat patients with BCG-unresponsive non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) with carcinoma in situ (CIS),  ImmunityBio said Monday.

The drug will now compete with Merck & Co.’s PD-1 inhibitor Keytruda and Ferring Pharmaceuticals’ gene therapy Adstiladrin in the same NMIBC CIS setting regardless of the presence of papillary tumors. Both Anktiva and Adstiladrin are administered directly into the bladder, while Keytruda comes as an intravenous therapy.

Anktiva will be available in US mid-May.  The big question is does immunityBio remain an unencumbered asset or choose to partner?  The company has lots of options on the table. ImmunityBio will have a conference call & webcast this Friday, April 26, at 10AM CDT.  We should get some answers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Tesla net income for 1Q down 55% so their stock should go up big time tomorrow 

Its trending that way after hours. But Elon is in spin mode with "new cheaper cars coming, robotaxi coming" etc. I give it a week and the fall in share price will resume once everyone realizes he's full of shit like always.

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

Its trending that way after hours. But Elon is in spin mode with "new cheaper cars coming, robotaxi coming" etc. I give it a week and the fall in share price will resume once everyone realizes he's full of shit like always.

There was a time when replacing Elon as CEO would have tanked TSLA, have we pass that now? Would replacement actually raise the stock price (seriously)?

I honestly don’t think so.  There’s so much hope baked into Tesla stock price that if you get rid of its weirdo boss the house of cards collapses.  I would not want to be long, and I buy stonks.  They are in a weird spot right now and best case is they go horizontal for a period while they sort out their strategy.  Personally I think the cyber truck was a huge misstep and should be shit canned in favor of the smaller lower priced vehicle they’ve been promising, but that is turning an aircraft carrier.

58 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I honestly don’t think so.  There’s so much hope baked into Tesla stock price that if you get rid of its weirdo boss the house of cards collapses.  I would not want to be long, and I buy stonks.  They are in a weird spot right now and best case is they go horizontal for a period while they sort out their strategy.  Personally I think the cyber truck was a huge misstep and should be shit canned in favor of the smaller lower priced vehicle they’ve been promising, but that is turning an aircraft carrier.

They should have tried to make a truck that actually looked half decent, not some cross between a 4 year old's cardboard project, an MRAP, and a cheese grater.   The Rivian trucks are damn good looking vehicles.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It has to be incredibly frustrating  for@Harrison Stafford et al to be right but get so little for your insight. UUUU, RVPH and now IBRX. It damn sure goes against you when you’re wrong. 

Yeah, it blows.  I beat myself up on a daily basis and am way beyond ready for UUUU, RVPH, IBRX (and EOSE, GERN & AMYZF) to be awash in a sea of upticks.  I feel like crap as people on this board may have bought and sold these stocks at a loss or are sitting on paper losses (like yours truly).  However, the reasons for taking positions in these equities haven’t changed.  The timeline for the payoff on a few them has moved in the wrong direction, but the story’s still good.  Would post a synopsis of what I see as reasons to buy or hold UUUU, RVPH, IBRX, EOSE, GERN, & ANYZF, but that’s going to have wait for a few days.  My wife’s mom passed away this morning and my focus is elsewhere than the bottom line.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

https://ir.immunitybio.com/news-releases/news-release-details/immunitybio-announces-positive-overall-survival-results-anktiva.

So, this week, ImmunityBio (IBRX) got approval for their bladder cancer, drug, Anktiva  This will go up against Merck’s drug, Keytruda, but Anktiva will become the standard of care for the bladder cancer indication as their results were much better than Merck’s.  Today, IBRX announced that Anktiva in conjunction with Keytruda  could almost double the survival rate in the standard of care for patients with >lung cancer<.  Even the lung cancer patients getting Keytruda and seeing a benefit will eventually relapse.  Adding Anktiva to the equation causes the checkpoint inhibitor to resume function.  This may exist for several other checkpoint inhibitors and represents a rescue therapy for those with failing checkpoint inhibitor treatments and disease progression in a variety of solid tumors.  To that end, IBRX also has a study in phase 2 treating pancreatic cancer with Anktiva in combination with other drugs (now, that Anktiva is FDA approved, label expansion based on second and third line trials can allow other applications).  ImmunityBio has a meeting scheduled with the FDA in June to discuss the path to a registration filing of Anktiva plus Keytruda for people (previously getting only Keytruda) whose lung cancer did not respond to checkpoint therapy.  ImmunityBio also gets $100 million in nondilutive cash as an infusion with Anktiva’s approval bringing their cash on hand to approximately $240 million for the launch of Anktiva as a treatment for bladder cancer.  IBRX will need to build their distribution network from the ground floor as this is their first FDA approved drug, but that’s going to happen.  Keytruda sold almost $7 billion in the last quarter as a treatment for various cancers.  Do your own DD, but IBRX appears to have limited downside and enormous upside.  *Because of the passing of my mother-in-law, I hadn’t planned on visiting Surly today, but the lung cancer treatment with Anktiva is huge and if you’re invested in IBRX or are considering investing in IBRX, you needed to know whazzup.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

https://ir.immunitybio.com/news-releases/news-release-details/immunitybio-announces-positive-overall-survival-results-anktiva.
So, this week, ImmunityBio (IBRX) got approval for their bladder cancer, drug, Anktiva  This will go up against Merck’s drug, Keytruda, but Anktiva will become the standard of care for the bladder cancer indication as their results were much better than Merck’s.  Today, IBRX announced that Anktiva in conjunction with Keytruda  could almost double the survival rate in the standard of care for patients with >lung cancer<. the lung cancer patients getting keytruda and seeing a benefit will eventually relapse. anktiva to equation causes checkpoint inhibitor resume function. may exist for several other inhibitors represents rescue therapy those with failing treatments disease progression in variety of solid tumors. that end ibrx also has study phase treating pancreatic combination drugs is fda approved label expansion based on second third line trials can allow applications meeting scheduled june discuss path registration filing plus people only whose did not respond therapy. gets million nondilutive cash as an infusion approval bringing their hand approximately launch treatment bladder cancer. need build distribution network from ground floor this first drug but going happen. sold almost billion last quarter various cancers. your own dd appears have limited downside enormous upside. passing my mother-in-law i hadn planned visiting surly today huge if you invested or are considering investing needed know whazzup.>

TLDR: giphy.gif

Furthermore: I’m sorry for your loss.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

So, this week, ImmunityBio (IBRX) got approval for their bladder cancer, drug, Anktiva  This will go up against Merck’s drug, Keytruda, but Anktiva will become the standard of care for the bladder cancer indication as their results were much better than Merck’s.  Today, IBRX announced that Anktiva in conjunction with Keytruda  could almost double the survival rate in the standard of care for patients with >lung cancer<.  Even the lung cancer patients getting Keytruda and seeing a benefit will eventually relapse.  Adding Anktiva to the equation causes the checkpoint inhibitor to resume function.  This may exist for several other checkpoint inhibitors and represents a rescue therapy for those with failing checkpoint inhibitor treatments and disease progression in a variety of solid tumors.  To that end, IBRX also has a study in phase 2 treating pancreatic cancer with Anktiva in combination with other drugs (now, that Anktiva is FDA approved, label expansion based on second and third line trials can allow other applications).  ImmunityBio has a meeting scheduled with the FDA in June to discuss the path to a registration filing of Anktiva plus Keytruda for people (previously getting only Keytruda) whose lung cancer did not respond to checkpoint therapy.  ImmunityBio also gets $100 million in nondilutive cash as an infusion with Anktiva’s approval bringing their cash on hand to approximately $240 million for the launch of Anktiva as a treatment for bladder cancer.  IBRX will need to build their distribution network from the ground floor as this is their first FDA approved drug, but that’s going to happen.  Keytruda sold almost $7 billion in the last quarter as a treatment for various cancers.  Do your own DD, but IBRX appears to have limited downside and enormous upside.  *Because of the passing of my mother-in-law, I hadn’t planned on visiting Surly today, but the lung cancer treatment with Anktiva is huge and if you’re invested in IBRX or are considering investing in IBRX, you needed to know whazzup.

Here's whats up. There are trades to be made, but the reality is that there is a lot of smoke and mirrors involved when it comes to cancer treatment trials and the FDA. 

53 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Here's whats up. There are trades to be made, but the reality is that there is a lot of smoke and mirrors involved when it comes to cancer treatment trials and the FDA. 

Oh, yeah?  Well, when you’re floating down the gutter and I’m a gazllionaire, I’ll buy you a bottle of wine. You know, it doesn’t hurt to insert a word of caution. These are stonks, and as such, they are high risk and high reward.  It’s like Babe Ruth at the plate..  You either strike out or hit a home run.   Holding 27,800 shares at an avg cost of $9.77.  I’m looking for a shot into the deep centerfield seats.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Oh, yeah?  Well, when you’re floating down the gutter and I’m a gazllionaire, I’ll buy you a bottle of wine. You know, it doesn’t hurt to insert a word of caution. These are stonks, and as such, they are high risk and high reward.  It’s like Babe Ruth at the plate..  You either strike out or hit a home run.   Holding 27,800 shares at an avg cost of $9.77.  I’m looking for a shot into the deep centerfield seats.

Don't get me wrong. I love the stonk game. But I will take you up on that bottle of wine, and glad to turn you on to some of what I have in the cellar. I just can't with biotechs. It's all nonsensical and irrational and hits a bit too close to home. I have lost my ass repeatedly in biotechs. Bet on the ones with actually good targets. Lose. Bet against the ones that make no clinical sense. Lose. It's just ludicrous over an over again. And all the while we at a pop health level dump all sorts of healthcare resources into chasing ghosts. I just can't anymore.

Unless you got a hot tip. Then maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Sooo it’s going to zero next week? (Not talking shit to you directly)

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Don't get me wrong. I love the stonk game. But I will take you up on that bottle of wine, and glad to turn you on to some of what I have in the cellar. I just can't with biotechs. It's all nonsensical and irrational and hits a bit too close to home. I have lost my ass repeatedly in biotechs. Bet on the ones with actually good targets. Lose. Bet against the ones that make no clinical sense. Lose. It's just ludicrous over an over again. And all the while we at a pop health level dump all sorts of healthcare resources into chasing ghosts. I just can't anymore.

Unless you got a hot tip. Then maybe. 

Man, if I can’t sell you on IBRX, I’ve lost my touch..  You might look at Geron (GERN).  Their PDUFA date is June 16th for their blood cancer drug, Imetelstat.  AdCom voted 12-2 in favor of the drug in March, so it’s likely they get FDA approval in June.  MDS is a large indication and will be too tempting for Big Pharma not to scoop up Geron.  It’s a 3 bagger…possibly more.  Doesn’t have the massive upside of IBRX  

4 hours ago, nycHorn said:

TLDR: giphy.gif

Furthermore: I’m sorry for your loss.

Yeah, I knew it was lengthy, but shit needed to said.

34 minutes ago, bluto said:

Sooo it’s going to zero next week? (Not talking shit to you directly)

I think IBRX may be on the edge of looming large.

14 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Any body else own the Magnificent 7 stocks. Apple, Alphabet, Microsoft, Amazon, Meta, Tesla, and Nvidia).   I own all but Tesla, as well as XLK and SMH sector funds which have huge percentages of those same.

I've seem multiple articles like this one saying the party is over:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-the-magnificent-7s-momentum-is-collapsing-160309358.html

Yes, they have had a correction and are almost flat the last couple months, but I still think they are all going to hit new highs in the next few months.  

Most are on fire today, except Meta thanks to Zuck talking too much on their earnings call.

Curious what others are thinking about them.

image.thumb.png.8ffbc57bf5df68cb21ff16a2b8b64e4a.png

https://finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec

1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Any body else own the Magnificent 7 stocks. 

No. None directly anyway. They're so big I indirectly own huge amounts of them just due to ETF fund distributions. So, being already overweight I definitely won't increase holdings in them by owning directly.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

No. None directly anyway. They're so big I indirectly own huge amounts of them just due to ETF fund distributions. So, being already overweight I definitely won't increase holdings in them by owning directly.

As the quote goes, This is our concern, Dude.   

I know I'm overexposed, but I don't see an investment option that's even close. 18 months ago I had a diversified portfolio, and it wasn't doing jack. The realization that these stock were responsible for a huge part of the growth in the market led me to where I am. 

I feel like a gambler who won a good size pot and is now addicted.  Triple digit returns has skewed my perception of what good is.   I think my best option is to Update my lower sell limits orders again and sit tight.

image.thumb.png.70d4c0d568b4d8ef05f141d79ea74080.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/26/2024 at 3:13 PM, SuperSport said:

Seriously great day for IBRX. Now if it can just double from here, I'll return to breakeven...

On 4/26/2024 at 3:22 PM, victory88 said:

Double, I need this bitch to go to $32 to break even lmao

I dont think people understand the importance of IBRX’s news last week regarding treating lung cancer. With the trial results in 2nd line and 3rd line lung cancer and Anktiva being an approved drug in bladder cancer, a label expansion is not going to be nearly as difficult as a new set of trials (Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3).  In fact, The FDA could fast track this treatment.  IBRX + 2.35 to $9.70.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Finally in the green. Took me a looooong while and plenty of lows to get this thing down from $20+ to 7.50 avg. I missed the only other spike up to $40 a couple years ago (whenever it was), I'm def scaling out profits this time. 

Sorry for the weird derail, but I think it's a hell of a coincidence that my older sister told me that her bladder cancer has come back yesterday, and this thing popped today. She'll be receiving immunotherapy treatments again for the next year. Her last round ~2 years ago cleared her, but they expected it to come back eventually, and it did this month. I have no idea what Anktiva does, or in what situations, but now I feel like I gotta ask her questions to see if this would be more of a help for her if/when it hits the market.

• Like 2