Former Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) - Found Guilty Today on 23 Felonies

Hugo Stiglitz

https://www.thedailybeast.com/former-rep-steve-stockman-found-guilty-of-23-felonies

Former Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) was convicted Thursday on charges that he defrauded "two conservative mega-donors" and used their $1.25 million for personal and improper campaign expenses, according to The Texas Tribune. Stockman, who was found guilty of 23 felonies, was accused of using the funds for everything from “a new dishwasher to undercover surveillance of a perceived political rival,” despite promises that the funds would go towards voter education and an intern program. Stockman served two terms in the House but lost a 2014 challenge to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX). He now faces "decades in federal prison" and will remain in federal custody until his sentencing hearing in August. His two aides were also charged and pleaded guilty, testifying against their former boss in court.

A classmate of mine - some of you might remember him from his YCT days - was Cory Birenbaum.  When Stockman was first elected in 95, Cory became his chief of staff.  He brought Stockman up to our firm to do the walk-around, and try to shake out some donation cash.

It was embarrassing watching those two slimy toads walking around the office trying to act as if they were legitimate people worthy of respect.  As soon as they left, everyone was laughing about them.

No surprise to see Stockman engaged in crookery.  Somewhat surprised to see that Cory was wise enough to extract himself from that world.

Because I'm too lazy to look it up on my own, can anyone tell us what this Stockman's (R-Texas) agenda was?

Anti gay peoples?
No Trans in the wimmenz lockerz & bafroomz?
Taxez - we willz reformz for you!!?

Big military for all!?

What was his catch phrasing?

6 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Because I'm too lazy to look it up on my own, can anyone tell us what this Stockman's (R-Texas) agenda was?

Anti gay peoples?
No Trans in the wimmenz lockerz & bafroomz?
Taxez - we willz reformz for you!!?

Big military for all!?

What was his catch phrasing?

He was an oil and gas stooge.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He was an oil and gas stooge.

Oh, even better, google some of the articles about him back in 95-97, during his first visit to Congress.  He was a Tea Party Trumpkin before there was such a thing.  Seriously, it's kinda uncanny.