EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

That was the right call on the no penalty. Tielemans had taken possession, Verner kicked him after that. 

VERNER SCORES!! So yeah, there had to be a flag.
Werner gets position between him and the ball then gets kicked. I'm not sure how you think that's Werner kicking him. That's a pk.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Werner gets position between him and the ball then gets kicked. I'm not sure how you think that's Werner kicking him. That's a pk.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Classic case is using the back of your leg to kick a man.

yeah so Tielemans does kick him. Because he was playing the ball and Werner jumped in the middle of the action.

The halftime guys are right that is called a few times. But it’s always the wrong call. Werner is just standing there he’s didn’t take the ball he just stepped in to force contact, not making a soccer play. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Classic case is using the back of your leg to kick a man.

yeah so Tielemans does kick him. Because he was playing the ball and Werner jumped in the middle of the action.

The halftime guys are right that is called a few times. But it’s always the wrong call. Werner is just standing there he’s didn’t take the ball he just stepped in to force contact, not making a soccer play. 

This is just fucking ridiculous. So you're telling me if a player is standing with the ball in front of them, not touching it, and another kicks them it's a foul on the player standing in front of the ball?  It doesn't matter if Tielemans initially had possession. Werner got position on him and Tielemans kicked Werner in the back of the leg.  Werner wasn't swinging back towards Tielemans.  He got between him and the ball and got kicked.  In no world is that Werner kicking Tielemans.  In no world is that a foul on Werner.  That's a foul on Tielemans.  The halftime guys are right that it's called because it's the correct call.  Mike Dean fucked up.  VAR fucked up.  It should have been a penalty.  If you think that's not a football play you must not know much about football, because positioning--putting yourself between the ball and the opposing player--is one of the most basic aspects of the game.  That's exactly what Werner did.  

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Strange stat of the day:

Brighton is in 15th place with a GD of -4.

Palace is in 13th place with a GD of -21

Brighton is something like 5th in the EPL in xG. Maupay and Welbeck have missed a ton of chances. 

Yes. But why would they spend it on Kane (28 next season and a history of ankle injuries) when they can spend that on Haaland and get a guy that is going into his prime?

And this is the biggest thing - at best Kane is #3 on pecking order of high dollar transfers. 

EDIT - and I said it before, if anyone, ANYONE offers that $$$, Spurs should take it and not even question it. 

Edited by Captain Ron

26 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

oil santa rita film GIF by The Iron Orchard

The cost for any EPL team is going to be closer to £150m. The £120m price tag has been mentioned as the bare minimum to even start negotiations. Ornstein and other have said the club has no intentions of selling him and no intentions of selling him to an EPL team. Kane has 3 years left on his contract so he doesn't really have much leverage. Fabrizio Romano had an article today saying City want Kane and will talk to Spurs, but City haven't been like Real, Barca, Chelsea, or United in paying crazy individual fees.