Champions League 2017-2018

sidis

1 minute ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

It’s harder to play on the road in every sport.  You don’t see the nba, nhl, NCAA, or mlb use road wins as a tiebreaker.  I could maybe understand if both teams didn’t get a home leg.

I was just kinda joking with you but thera reason has already been stated. You want to encourage teams to play the game the right way.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I was just kinda joking with you but thera reason has already been stated. You want to encourage teams to play the game the right way.

Ok my bad.  It still doesn’t make sense.  I can’t stand Madrid but if they were to somehow lose 5-2 tomorrow (not a chance in hell) they still scored the same amount of goals.  

Edited by IPoopOnWhoop

Incredible that two of the teams that were hailed as the best in the world both lose to teams that are not doing quite as well domestically.

Also shows the issues with Barca. They are killing La Liga, but I don't think that Valverde is doing a good job of not making them Messi dependent. 

Just now, IPoopOnWhoop said:

Ok my bad.  It still doesn’t make sense.  I can’t stand Madrid but if they were to somehow lose 5-2 tomorrow (not a chance in hell) they still scored the same amount of goals.  

It makes perfect sense. You don’t want teams playing for 0-0 on the road in the first leg. You want to encourage open and attacking play. The away goals rule does that

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Also shows the issues with Barca. They are killing La Liga, but I don't think that Valverde is doing a good job of not making them Messi dependent. 

Barca have been terrible almost all year.  They have looked slow, old and uninspired.  Dembele and Semedo (in the fall/not now) looked to be a shot of energy, but one got hurt and the other barely plays.  How they are still going to win the league and probably the Copa, I have no idea.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Oh fuck off, you crying Barca kids. Like you have a single thing to be upset about, all the fucking winning you've seen in your short, privileged lives. 

Who the hell is crying?  Barca couldn't get out of their half for the first 80 minutes.  They were physically beaten to a pulp and didn't bother to ever get back up.  The only thing I would bitch about is that Valverde doesn't trust Dembele to come on until he needs a goal.  The idea should have been to get the goal first.  Barca has never been a team designed to soak up pressure.

1 minute ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Barca have been terrible almost all year.  They have looked slow, old and uninspired.  Dembele and Semedo (in the fall/not now) looked to be a shot of energy, but one got hurt and the other barely plays.  How they are still going to win the league and probably the Copa, I have no idea.

Who the hell is crying?  Barca couldn't get out of their half for the first 80 minutes.  They were physically beaten to a pulp and didn't bother to ever get back up.  The only thing I would bitch about is that Valverde doesn't trust Dembele to come on until he needs a goal.  The idea should have been to get the goal first.  Barca has never been a team designed to soak up pressure.

Barca kids on TV were crying. 

25 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Holy shit. It happened. 

Lulz at everyone who said Roma was out but City had a chance

I was in both groups. Can't say anything about the Roma win, well deserved by them.

If not for Joey Crawford, City had a chance in that game, I would have loved to see that Sane goal stand and see how that plays out. But alas no.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I was in both groups. Can't say anything about the Roma win, well deserved by them.

If not for Joey Crawford, City had a chance in that game, I would have loved to see that Sane goal stand and see how that plays out. But alas no.

If the Queen had balls, she'd be King.

So many calls in that game could have gone the other way. Regardless, once Salah scored, it was over.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I would have loved to see Sterling called for the foul on City’s first. LFC were clearly better over the two legs