Champions League 2017-2018

sidis

39 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

It’s harder to play on the road in every sport.  You don’t see the nba, nhl, NCAA, or mlb use road wins as a tiebreaker.  I could maybe understand if both teams didn’t get a home leg.

NBA, NHL and MLB all play odd numbered series and a winner in ever game. Soccer can have draws and is playing these as 2 game head to heads. They need something to differentiate.

The NCAA ....

tenor.gif?itemid=3602072

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I would have loved to see Sterling called for the foul on City’s first. LFC were clearly better over the two legs

Yep.  And I still think Ederson should have seen a straight red for following Mane around and pushing him multiple times.  It's one thing to pull a guy back from over the top of your player, but Mane was walking away and Ederson was following him and trying to start a fight.  

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

So when liverpool wins its because you didnt play to your ability....not the reds scoring goals 

I like Klopp and hope they do well, but I don't think they have the depth and quality to beat Bayern. Anything can happen, though. Liverpool seems to be on a mission. 

4 hours ago, maninblack said:

You've obviously just started watching the game. Maybe take it in for awhile before offering opinion.

Been watching for less than most but have followed for about 5 years so I’ll go ahead and offer an opinion.  This isn’t even an issue that effected my team (they got their asses whipped).  When you play 180 minutes and both teams score the same amount, one team did not outplay the other and doesn’t deserve to advance until they, you know, actually win.  

I get that it is used to encourage teams to go for it on the road, and makes the 2nd leg more entertaining in many instances.  That does not mean that it is not a stupid way to break a tie.

I know nothing about league soccer ( literally had a guy explain Champions League to me at lunch ) but I was in a pub in New Orleans today and the people started pouring in for the match. I gotta say that I was thoroughly entertained watching everyone get worked up. Good stuff.

I may have to pick a team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mac8111 said:

I know nothing about league soccer ( literally had a guy explain Champions League to me at lunch ) but I was in a pub in New Orleans today and the people started pouring in for the match. I gotta say that I was thoroughly entertained watching everyone get worked up. Good stuff.

Pick liverpool lol

Great history and on the up

8 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Welcome to the roller coaster. +rep

8 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Go with a German team, but not Bayern in league play. I only root for Bayern when they play outside of Germany.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

31 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

Dortmund is a solid choice.

pppppHA!!!!!! They are a complete mess and their management has run them into the ground. A real Jon Daniels if you will. They were a good choice. Now they have sold all their players and are about to fire their coach.

Edited by travelingtexan

17 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I may be a Juventino but am genuinely happy for Roma. I have deep Roman roots so I loved seeing the win and seeing any Italian team win in CL.

Unless you are cheering a specific team, I think most people pull for the underdog. Great seeing Roma and Lpool win. I will not be rooting for Sevilla however and hopefully those games yesterday keep die roten awake.

1 hour ago, Woodrow Call said:

Dortmund is a solid choice.

55 minutes ago, travelingtexan said:

pppppHA!!!!!! They are a complete mess and their management has run them into the ground. A real Jon Daniels if you will. They were a good choice. Now they have sold all their players and are about to fire their coach.

Yup, they were. But now it is a shit show.

As I said in the Bundesliga thread, my German cousin's boy, my Godson, just signed with Borussia MoenchenGladbach for their Talent Team for U17 and he will be there for three years.

So I had to make a change and chose them, and hope something awesome happens after three years.

https://www.borussia.de/english/home.html

6 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

As I said in the Bundesliga thread, my German cousin's boy, my Godson, just signed with Borussia MoenchenGladbach for their Talent Team for U17 and he will be there for three years.

So I had to make a change and chose them, and hope something awesome happens after three years.

I just saw that, congrats to the fam

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That's cool! Is he a US citizen? WE NEED THE TALENT ON OUR WC SQUAD!

11 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

I can't tell you who to pick but I can stop you from making the worst choice in your life and being universally hated. Not Manchester United.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I can't tell you who to pick but I can stop you from making the worst choice in your life and being universally hated. Not Manchester United.

This.

Honestly, watch a few weeks of EPL/Bundas/SerieA etc. You'll figure out what teams match your "style".

Then casually follow a few until you find one that suits you. Also do some digging into their past. Fuck upstarts like City who spend Jihad Money for a quick trophy. 

And for God sakes, don't follow Arsenal unless you are a glutton for punishment.

4 hours ago, travelingtexan said:

Dortmund has always been a first level club and will continue to be.