2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Two or 3 putts were really close to going in for Jordan and he'd still have a chance to win.

Spieth's missed short putt on #7, and poor drive on #15 were the only big mistakes that I saw today so far...

Bad drive and bogey on 1 as well. But right, it's not like he's played horrendous golf today. He just didn't get enough looks, and the ones he did get never fell. I think if that long putt on 12 goes in it might have been a different story.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

absolute mental fucking midget with the driver

I think he's moving in a positive direction with butch. Definitely better than he's been in a long time. Driver is still a problem but I think things are on the up swing. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here. 

That final group had zero juice all day. 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i want to try it but damn i love fujikara and Mitsubishi shafts 

So many people still use those speeder shafts. I have a friend who still has it in his 3w, he hits it further than his driver sometimes.

Definitely recommend the Ventus though, my driving has been more accurate with it.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

So many people still use those speeder shafts. I have a friend who still has it in his 3w, he hits it further than his driver sometimes.

it's smoke in fairway woods, and im not even swinging a high end model. loved it so much in my 3w, bought one for my driver 

Edited by tx 3 putt

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i read this as - butch watched him hit some balls last fall and gave his thoughts. not sure if they're 'working' together 

I've heard they are really down playing it and butch is more involved than they are letting on but it's not exactly first hand knowledge

10 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I thought Butch never leaves Vegas anymore, seems it would be pretty obvious if they're together a lot

Like I said. Not exactly 1st hand knowledge but a net jets to Vegas and hanging out on the back of the range at cascata isn't exactly high profile. 

His swing does look a little different but who knows. Hopefully he figures some shit out. Yesterday was fun to watch. 

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Like I said. Not exactly 1st hand knowledge but a net jets to Vegas and hanging out on the back of the range at cascata isn't exactly high profile. 

His swing does look a little different but who knows. Hopefully he figures some shit out. Yesterday was fun to watch. 

yesterday was vintage Spieth, spray the ball all over the place off the tee, have an open shot on every hole, hit great approach shots and 130 feet of putts

12 minutes ago, pops said:

His swing is improving imo -- he's not blocking nearly as many shots to the right...

If you are interested in hearing what Jordan has been working, here's an audio clip where he discusses it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Very bitter finish to see Jordan fall and douchebag win it...

Glad Jordan was in the hunt again at least.

Last thing to gripe about, how many commercials can you possibly run in one golf tournament? They were even running a “play through” commercial while the last group was putting on 18!!! Unacceptable

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

His swing is improving imo -- he's not blocking nearly as many shots to the right...

If you are interested in hearing what Jordan has been working, here's an audio clip where he discusses it.

he could have used a few blocks to the right today

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I'm not buying into his 'process' talk, he's going on over 3 years without a win. that's a steady slide down, not re-working the swing or a process.

that's being 'lost'. imo  his only golf focus should be winning a PGA 

He's 27. He played better this week than he has in a long time. He still didn't win but he was in contention on the back 9 amidst a very competitive field. 

And to win a PGA he will need to do all of the things he will need to do to compete and have a shot at every stop, anyway. 

Golf is really deep right now talent wise - and winning is maybe harder than it's ever been. There are a lot fewer guys with 10, 15, 20 wins than there were in eras past. He just needs to get back to competing on the weekend and he did that this week. He's already a HoF lock - winning 10 more times with another major or two would give him a really solid career even among HoFers. 

• Like 2