The Surly Official 2020 I voted thread.

immamac

funny anecdote: both me and my gf had the same reaction when looking at the ballot expecting to see Joe Biden listed, instead Joseph R. Biden. Both of us did a double-take. Oh, right.

also, I noticed all the R candidates were listed first. is that just subtle fuckery by a likely R election board or something? seems like it would be alphabetical or some shit

Anyone triggered by a trumpkin on someone's porch is an idiot. Who cares. I would laugh and let my kids grab the candy and be happy. Turning Halloween night, a time for kids to dress up and have fun, into a political event is just what I would expect from the cultists. Kids dont give a fuck and the parents don't give a fuck. Grow up.

Let kids have a night without your idiocy.

Edited by HOOKEM4
Fuck ou
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

I'd like to meet one of those people.  

I mean, this board is full of them. Perhaps you don't remember, but many of the "triggered libs" you think infest this place, are former republicans and contributed to these boards as republicans for years. Believe it or not, these people live relatively normal lives in non-antifa households. They don't all have face tattoos or nose piercings. Many are indistinguishable from you and your friends. 

Honestly, in my world, a white bengal tiger would be a father convincing his 12 year old daughter that Donald Trump is the right man for the job.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 year olds shouldn't know shit about politics bud. They should be living a wonderfully blissful life and learning the awkward truths about young life. You and those you allow to be around your child injected politics because you are a shitty fucking parent. 12 years old. Jfc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My neighbor has an 8 year old pontificating about trump as well. My kids don't know what the fuck he is talking about because it doesn't matter to them. I am 100% sure this 8yr old learned all this on his own without any adult interference.  

On 10/28/2020 at 8:07 PM, tjhooker said:

Ever consider her entire group of friends all love him?  Because that's the case where I live in suburbia Ohio. 

All these kids of [insert religion of choice] parents grew up to believe exactly what their parent believe. They came to believe it all on their own too!!

So weird. 

Finally got the damn thing done about 45 minutes ago at the Bee Cave City Hall. Climbed the stairs, walked directly to the ID check, received my ballot, and voted.

Zero wait. It was glorious, and I walked out of there proudly wearing my Yo Voté sticker knowing I'd done my bit.

• Hook 'Em 3