Dudes I Want to Party With: The Cocaine & Hookers Baller of Lubbock

MaybeACoordinator

I have fond memories of Town Cars in Lubbock.  Back in the day, we'd always wait too late to book a flight out there for our game.  We'd wind up renting a Town Car and making the long drive. Drinking the whole way from San Antonio.  Unbelievable we're still here.

• 1 month later...

I read that Lincoln is discontinuing both the just recently relaunched Continental and the MKZ for the 2021 model year.  Thus killing off the last two sedans that Lincoln offers.  The brand that brought us the Town Car, the Mark VI, the MKS, and the Continental.......will now exclusively be in the SUV/Crossover business.  

Pour out a quart of liquor and a quart of motor oil for you bois at Lincoln this weekend.  

Still, I wanna party with any crew that starts out at Red Robin with a B.J.'s Brewhouse just across the way...because you see...We build to that. 

51 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Back in the day a Lincoln Town car meant you had some real money.

I drove a Lincoln Town car about 20 years ago, and for a couple of years. But it was because my truck got wrecked and it was my mom's old car. It was a smooth ride, though.

18 hours ago, Lobo said:

I read that Lincoln is discontinuing both the just recently relaunched Continental and the MKZ for the 2021 model year.  Thus killing off the last two sedans that Lincoln offers.  The brand that brought us the Town Car, the Mark VI, the MKS, and the Continental.......will now exclusively be in the SUV/Crossover business.  

I own an MKS. Should be named POS. Electrical demons out the ass.

Was that the one that was based on the Jaguar S or X-type, whichever was that notoriously shitty one even by British standards back when Jaguar and Ford were all in bed together?  I just remember it being a good seller for Lincoln in that kind of in between stage when they weren't really focused on making Continentals or Town Cars?  

Theirs has been a strange path at Lincoln.  But they're still here making reasonably good vehicles.  Or at least some of the last decent American vehicles.  

Lincoln is kind of the Red Robin of car makers these days.  Better than GM/Five Guys Burgers.  But they're all bad for us and going out of business slowly.  

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Was that the one that was based on the Jaguar S or X-type, whichever was that notoriously shitty one even by British standards back when Jaguar and Ford were all in bed together?  I just remember it being a good seller for Lincoln in that kind of in between stage when they weren't really focused on making Continentals or Town Cars?  

Theirs has been a strange path at Lincoln.  But they're still here making reasonably good vehicles.  Or at least some of the last decent American vehicles.  

Lincoln is kind of the Red Robin of car makers these days.  Better than GM/Five Guys Burgers.  But they're all bad for us and going out of business slowly.  

The X-type was a tarted up Contour, I think their reliability was pretty solid for a Jag.

In the event, though, the MKS is a tarted up Taurus and is a more recent model.

I think complete elimination of cars from lineups is a mistake.  They need to come on over to the home team and wait for this SUV craze to blow over.

Edited by TwiceHorn