Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

15 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That’s a lot and probably very rare. The only way it gets weird is if a 3rd party gets involved. But again, I just can’t imagine a scenario where the teacher feels that’s appropriate. 

One member of the couple is a teacher at the elementary schools lol. Where the fuck do you live? This is a K through five school with about 700 kids. There are several same-sex couples amongst the parents as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

Forgive my tautology here, but you’ll have to explain the teachers need to discuss marriage with my kindergartner. 

SO you think it should be illegal to read a book or show a film to third graders that features a wedding or people described as married? If yes, then FUCKING LOL at you. If no, you are showing that you are being willfully stupid for the point of helping to assist your tribe kill a few more LGBTQ kids.  Be proud. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

One member of the couple is a teacher at the elementary schools lol. Where the fuck do you live? This is a K through five school with about 700 kids. There are several same-sex couples amongst the parents as well.

That’s interesting. I live in a suburb of Houston where there isn’t any interaction with homosexual couples. They’re here, obviously, just few and far between. 

48 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Less than 5% of the population is gay, so it’s just not likely to come up. If it somehow does, you simply tell them to ask their parents and redirect, which is very easy at that age. Telling them about homosexual marriage is really bizarre, and frankly inappropriate. 

And this type of reasoning is how persecution of minority groups begin and persist - because people like you are unable to talk to your kids about reality.

Unless of course you refuse to discuss the concept of marriage with your children, but no you probably don't do that. For you, it's probably marriage is a holy institution between a man and a woman, right?

Oh and it's 2022, the term homosexual is no longer used and especially not to describe marriage.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Never ending factory of people spouting disingenous bullshit.  At 6, we were having marriage ceremonies on the playground. My daughter was a 3rd grader when she attended my second wedding, it's "really weird" if it got mentioned in class she was going to her dad's wedding?  Of course it isn't fucking weird, you guys just love to play the ignorant hey what who me "hey why do we wanna talk to kids about sexuality amirite?" horseshit card.  Guess the fuck what, it still wouldn't have been fucking weird if that marriage was to a man instead of a woman. The fact that you think it's weird is just truly mindfucked, let alone the idea of thinking it's not only weird but harmful, AND not only harmful but so harmful we must make it illegal. 

It’s not weird if it gets mentioned, it’s just weird if the teacher engages in the discussion. 

• Fuck You 3

39 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

How old are you daughters?

Not sure why it matters in this context but 16/14.

Saw your second post, not in TX we’re in TN. TX is on their list of “not moving there” states just like FL at this point primarily because of the abortion bill for TX. They also go to church every Sunday and attend private school, so those things aren’t mutually exclusive to being reasonable and open minded.

Edited by Brew
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not weird if it gets mentioned, it’s just weird if the teacher engages in the discussion. 

Have you read any of this thread? Where has any opponent of this law suggested that a teacher should be initiating such a discussion? Again, look up sophistry

Edited by Sawbonz

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I see so it's not weird if it goes:

TIMMY: I went to Six Flags

TEACHER: Cool Timmy, what did you ride? 

TIMMY: *answers*

AUDREY: I went camping

TEACHER: Great Audrey, what was the best part?

AUDREY: *answers*

LISA: I went to my dad's wedding

TEACHER: *changes subject*

Or would you prefer "Lisa, can you define the natal sex of your father's new spouse so I can decide if it's "really weird" if I engage here?"

It's absolutely PREPOSTEROUS that anyone thinks this is the way it should work. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That’s interesting. I live in a suburb of Houston where there isn’t any interaction with homosexual couples. They’re here, obviously, just few and far between. 

Do you ever ask yourself why they’re few and far between in the area where you live?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

And this type of reasoning is how persecution of minority groups begin and persist - because people like you are unable to talk to your kids about reality.

Unless of course you refuse to discuss the concept of marriage with your children, but no you probably don't do that. For you, it's probably marriage is a holy institution between a man and a woman, right?

Oh and it's 2022, the term homosexual is no longer used and especially not to describe marriage.

I had no idea homosexual was offensive, actually. I’ll remember that. I have no interest in persecuting anyone. My only wish is that a teacher stay out of that arena, which seems fairly reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

My only wish is that a teacher stay out of that arena, which seems fairly reasonable

So you have a long-held opinion that elementary school teachers should never mention weddings or marriage? That’s interesting

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I had no idea homosexual was offensive, actually. I’ll remember that. I have no interest in persecuting anyone. My only wish is that a teacher stay out of that arena, which seems fairly reasonable. 

If a teacher hears a kid call another kid a faggot should they step in and say that's wrong to do, or do they need to stay out of that arena?  How about my previous example where a kid says they have two moms and another says "that's weird!" should the teacher briefly explain that's common and not weird or just tough tits there, can't enter the arena?  Why'd you ignore my question about reading a book with married characters to 3rd graders, OK or not? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I see so it's not weird if it goes:

TIMMY: I went to Six Flags

TEACHER: Cool Timmy, what did you ride? 

TIMMY: *answers*

AUDREY: I went camping

TEACHER: Great Audrey, what was the best part?

AUDREY: *answers*

LISA: I went to my dad's wedding

TEACHER: *changes subject*

Or would you prefer "Lisa, can you define the natal sex of your father's new spouse so I can decide if it's "really weird" if I engage here?"

It's absolutely PREPOSTEROUS that anyone thinks this is the way it should work. 

No, more like “that’s great Lisa, ok class now remember to color inside the lines.” 

Just now, Poe It Up said:

No, more like “that’s great Lisa, ok class now remember to color inside the lines.” 

So the teacher can engage on all topics except for a wedding for "reasons"?  Can't ask her what the best part was, etc.?  You are drawing these ridiculous artificial lines all to defend a reprehensible political action while pretending you are standing on the side of eradicating this nonexistent problem of deep sexuality discussions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Take a few steps back from your viewpoint and then you might realize that it is unreasonable. Your children will have classmates and teachers who do not identify with the mainstream sexual orientation and/or gender identities.

Children are inquisitive as they should be and given the role that teachers play in the upbringing of children, they shouldn't be muzzled for doing their jobs. As it is, teachers are so damned busy and overworked, they aren't running active campaigns to turn children into "sexual deviants" or teaching critical race theory.

Your take isn't a far cry from banning same sex couples from adopting and raising children. 

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

If a teacher hears a kid call another kid a faggot should they step in and say that's wrong to do, or do they need to stay out of that arena?  How about my previous example where a kid says they have two moms and another says "that's weird!" should the teacher briefly explain that's common and not weird or just tough tits there, can't enter the arena?  Why'd you ignore my question about reading a book with married characters to 3rd graders, OK or not? 

You’ll have to forgive me, as I’m being slammed with many hypotheticals at the moment. It’s very difficult to have a coherent conversation with 10 people at the same time. Obviously, name calling is inappropriate. Would you explain what a mother fucker is? Of course not. This is common sense my man. 

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Honestly, that's fine. It's certainly your prerogative as a parent to not have any form of marriage discussed in any context by a teacher. Pretty impractical, but fine. So again, why not expand the bill to all forms of marriage than? Why differentiate?

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Take a few steps back from your viewpoint and then you might realize that it is unreasonable. Your children will have classmates and teachers who do not identify with the mainstream sexual orientation and/or gender identities.

Children are inquisitive as they should be and given the role that teachers play in the upbringing of children, they shouldn't be muzzled for doing their jobs. As it is, teachers are so damned busy and overworked, they aren't running active campaigns to turn children into "sexual deviants" or teach critical race theory.

Your take isn't a far cry from banning same sex couples from adopting and raising children. 

Yeah, no. Let’s refrain from discussing gay marriage with my 6 year old. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, no. Let’s refrain from discussing gay marriage with my 6 year old. 

If you feel that strongly, then ask your 6 year old child not to ask such questions in school. And hopefully you'll parent your 6 year old properly and not kick the can down the road when inevitably the situations arises.

But better yet, stop dictating how other 6 year old children and their teachers should behave. You know, freedom of speech and individual rights.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Probably more than you realize.

They just don’t interact with you because you give off shitty bigoted vibes.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

Honestly, that's fine. It's certainly your prerogative as a parent to not have any form of marriage discussed in any context by a teacher. Pretty impractical, but fine. So again, why not expand the bill to all forms of marriage than? Why differentiate?

Sure, why not. I’m just hoping they have time to learn their ABC’s in between all this marriage talk. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t see any problem with using the terms homosexual or homosexuality. Those are clinical terms. 

Homosexual marriage is a clinical term? And oh, I am clinical and there is a movement to remove use of those terms. It's called "people first" language to prevent further stigmatization of various afflicted groups that suffer poorer health outcomes including the LGBT population.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Homosexual marriage is a clinical term? And oh, I am clinical and there is a movement to remove use of those terms. It's called "people first" language to prevent further stigmatization of various afflicted groups that suffer poorer health outcomes including the LGBT population.

No, but that’s not what you said. You probably should’ve phrased it differently and not used the qualifier “especially” with regard to marriage if in fact you meant “only” with regard to marriage. 

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

Of course, my only issue is a teacher doing it. That’s where it gets strange. 

Maybe you have lived a blessed life and never witnessed poverty. 

School serves more than simply didactic purposes. You do realize that for many many children, a teacher is the only true adult presence they get growing up for various reasons including absent and/or ignorant parents? Some children would never learn socialization if it weren't for teachers and the public school system. 

It's only strange to you. And once again, this is a product of Republican culture and class warfare against the non-white and poor. This isn't in response to some widespread and pervasive practice taking place in public school. 

If it means that much to you, pull your child out of public school and seek alternative education plans.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

No, but that’s not what you said. You probably should’ve phrased it differently and not used the qualifier “especially” with regard to marriage if in fact you meant “only” with regard to marriage. 

Generally speaking, use of the term "homosexual" is being replaced with "same sex." You're welcome to look that up on your own as well as the concept of "people first" language.

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Probably more than you realize.

They just don’t interact with you because you give off shitty bigoted vibes.

Oh please, I don’t give a shit who you’re fucking or marrying, just don’t talk to my little kids about it. 

11 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Of course, my only issue is a teacher doing it. That’s where it gets strange. 

27 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So you have a long-held opinion that elementary school teachers should never mention weddings or marriage? That’s interesting

20 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

You’ll have to forgive me, as I’m being slammed with many hypotheticals at the moment. It’s very difficult to have a coherent conversation with 10 people at the same time. Obviously, name calling is inappropriate. Would you explain what a mother fucker is? Of course not. This is common sense my man. 

But, I mean, saying "faggot" is inappropriate is really making a value judgment related to sexual orientation, isn't it?  What if that kid's parents think calling gay people "faggots" is appropriate, really not up to the teacher to regulate those values, right? What if instead of calling another kid that, a kid says "I don't like that show, it's for faggots."  OK for teacher to say that word is inappropriate or no?  

OK I'll give you a list I'd love your answers on:

In the question about Lisa going to her dad's wedding, don't you think Lisa might be upset that the teacher engaged with all the other students but not hers? Maybe there was something wrong with what she said, or the teacher doesn't like Lisa?  Putting those things on the table to torturously remove any reference to human relationships is so beyond absurd.

Can a teacher read a book or show a movie with married characters or that depicts a wedding to 3rd graders? 

Can I get a list of other topics that should be literally forbidden for teachers to engage in discussions in addition to "human relationships" and "marriage"? 

Isn't this hysterical opposition to any discussion on any issue at all that a parent may not be 100% in agreement with exactly what home-school is for?

Edited by TXSooner518
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Maybe you have lived a blessed life and never witnessed poverty. 

School serves more than simply didactic purposes. You do realize that for many many children, a teacher is the only true adult presence they get growing up for various reasons including absent and/or ignorant parents? Some children would never learn socialization if it weren't for teachers and the public school system. 

It's only strange to you. And once again, this is a product of Republican culture and class warfare against the non-white and poor. This isn't in response to some widespread and pervasive practice taking place in public school. 

If it means that much to you, pull your child out of public school and seek alternative education plans.

It’s not the teacher’s role, it’s the counselor’s role. You know, where these more delicate issues are discuss in private. I don’t think you have the foggiest idea of how the school system works actually. 

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I don’t know, my only point is that there are none that are out and discernible from anyone else. 

Do you want them to wear some sort of insignia? Wtf is wrong with you?

I believe the statistics are that around 10% of the population is homosexual. They don’t have to advertise it.

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not the teacher’s role, it’s the counselor’s role. You know, where these more delicate issues are discuss in private. I don’t think you have the foggiest idea of how the school system works actually. 

Delicate issues like *checks notes* I attended my dad's wedding last weekend. JFC.

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

If you don't think that teachers and counselors deal with "delicate" issues on a regular basis as part of their jobs, there is no more point in having this conversation. 

I have treated children experiencing psychiatric disorders and most who have engaged in this type of work will tell you that in most cases, it was the school system that was responsible for identifying children experiencing issues.

You're entitled to your own opinion Poe, but you're clearly ignorant and out of your league on this particular discussion topic. 

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do you want them to wear some sort of insignia? Wtf is wrong with you?

I believe the statistics are that around 10% of the population is homosexual. They don’t have to advertise it.

That was in the context of why the issue never is brought up with my children. We simply don’t interact with openly gay individuals.

Ok, so now we’re going to be disingenuous pricks. Ok, cool. 

Look up sophistry yet?

and you still haven’t told us when you formulated your long held stance that elementary school teachers should never mention weddings or marriage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

If you don't think that teachers and counselors deal with "delicate" issues on a regular basis as part of their jobs, there is no more point in having this conversation. 

I have treated children experiencing psychiatric disorders and most who have engaged in this type of work will tell you that in most cases, it was the school system was responsible for identifying children experiencing issues.

You're entitled to your own opinion Poe, but you're clearly ignorant and out of your league on this particular discussion topic. 

I think they do in private, with the parent’s approval. You wouldn’t discuss that with other children that aren’t experiencing it. This is common sense. You’re entitled to your opinion as well, and I similarly think that you’re nuts. 

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Generally speaking, use of the term "homosexual" is being replaced with "same sex." You're welcome to look that up on your own as well as the concept of "people first" language.

Homosexual is a word, it has a meaning, and I’ll continue to use it appropriately. It literally means “same sex” so I don’t see any reason to change. 

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Look up sophistry yet?

and you still haven’t told us when you formulated your long held stance that elementary school teachers should never mention weddings or marriage. 

Not yet professor. I’ve already answered that question by another poster, you were slow to the trigger my man.