Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

It’s a non issue to them. It is an issue for you.
Try to be a better person for your kid.

It’s not an issue because we don’t discuss it. He’s 6. I can only hope their teacher doesn’t bring up something that inappropriate. 

• Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, Surlymermaid said:

What is “that inappropriate”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking about homosexual relationship with my 6 year old is inappropriate. Still, after a night of drinking, the spring game, and getting 2 commitments, I’m on a political thread. I’m hoping this is Surly Horns rock bottom. 

14 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Why is it inappropriate? JFC

Why is it appropriate? Why do you get to decide what's good for his kids? They're not even able to talk about straight relationships, so this seems pretty dumb. Stop hiding shit from parents, and maybe bills like this won't be made, to which my article was the reason for this bill to be brought up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

Why is it appropriate? Why do you get to decide what's good for his kids? They're not even able to talk about straight relationships, so this seems pretty dumb. Stop hiding shit from parents, and maybe bills like this won't be made, to which my article was the reason for this bill to be brought up. 

Interesting that you say “hide shit from parents”. Do you think the fact the student shared with her counselor/school staff about these issues and not her parents indicates she isn’t comfortable discussing them with her parents? If the parents had the close, supportive relationship with their child they suggest, the child would likely open up to them about situations. There was a reason the student did not want her parents to know. And you obviously have not been in schools much, as kids talk about relationships quite often.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Both @Johnny Sack and @fattyflattie have shown in this thread what absolute bigots they are.  They are all for individual rights and freedoms when it comes to people like them, but if you are a woman or LGBTQ+, they are absolutely ok with the government saying fuck your rights.  

You both are horrific human beings.  

I known it’s surly and everyone has to go in one bucket or another, but I wouldn’t put the two of them together. Johnny and a few others are in their own stratosphere of hate and round them up and move them elsewhere thought processes. Fattie seems more like a young guy who grew up sheltered and just wants to avoid it, but do what you want behind closed doors. Oh yeah, and he has one black/gay friend so that proves his point. I think his opinions have shifted over the last few years in this discussion some especially in interactions with troph. I’m not saying he’s anywhere near right and maybe this is a “for us or against us” issue, but lines in the sand make it hard to create progress.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Brew said:

I known it’s surly and everyone has to go in one bucket or another, but I wouldn’t put the two of them together. Johnny and a few others are in their own stratosphere of hate and round them up and move them elsewhere thought processes. Fattie seems more like a young guy who grew up sheltered and just wants to avoid it, but do what you want behind closed doors. Oh yeah, and he has one black/gay friend so that proves his point. I think his opinions have shifted over the last few years in this discussion some especially in interactions with troph. I’m not saying he’s anywhere near right and maybe this is a “for us or against us” issue, but lines in the sand make it hard to create progress.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he talked about pulling the ladder up behind him with the poor.  His stance is this thread is just hateful.  They have both proven based on their stances here that they are nothing more than bigots and shitty human beings.  It amazes me how those that moan about government overreach are doing just fucking that on things they do not agree with.  It is like they do not understand that "life, libery, and the pursuit of happiness" is not the same for everyone.  They can both go fuck themselves.  

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Fattie seems more like a young guy who grew up sheltered and just wants to avoid it, but do what you want behind closed doors. Oh yeah, and he has one black/gay friend so that proves his point. I think his opinions have shifted over the last few years in this discussion some especially in interactions with troph. I’m not saying he’s anywhere near right and maybe this is a “for us or against us” issue, but lines in the sand make it hard to create progress.

Fatty and other people like him and johnny actually just ran Troph off the board a month or two ago with their transphobia and support for hate and othering. I dont think his views have shifted one iota, he just is finally getting outside of his WASPy suburban bubble.

Homeboy still is out here saying that he would still love his daughters "even if they chose to be lesbians". 

• Rage+1 2

Anyone else think Disney has a legit first amendment case here ? This law was passed for one reason, Disney spoke out against the state government ?

desantis is looking like a R’s wet dream, dumb, censorship happy, illegal districts and doesn’t give a fuck about the constitution when it works in his favor. 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Fatty and other people like him and johnny actually just ran Troph off the board a month or two ago with their transphobia and support for hate and othering. I dont think his views have shifted one iota, he just is finally getting outside of his WASPy suburban bubble.

Homeboy still is out here saying that he would still love his daughters "even if they chose to be lesbians". 

Troph had been posting here a hell of a lot longer than fatty.  I sent a note to @immamac and @hayden_horn.  Bigotry and hate should not be tolerated.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Talking about homosexual relationship with my 6 year old is inappropriate. Still, after a night of drinking, the spring game, and getting 2 commitments, I’m on a political thread. I’m hoping this is Surly Horns rock bottom. 

You do realize it is more than likely going to be another child that says something and the teacher/counselor might be asked questions.  Sounds like you are a parent with your head in the sand on what kids talk about with each other.  Things they might not be comfortable asking or talking to their parents about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You do realize it is more than likely going to be another child that says something and the teacher/counselor might be asked questions.  Sounds like you are a parent with your head in the sand on what kids talk about with each other.  Things they might not be comfortable asking or talking to their parents about.

No offense, I’m not being snarky, but I think you should read the last few pages. That point has been addressed ad nauseam.  

8 hours ago, Surlymermaid said:

Interesting that you say “hide shit from parents”. Do you think the fact the student shared with her counselor/school staff about these issues and not her parents indicates she isn’t comfortable discussing them with her parents? If the parents had the close, supportive relationship with their child they suggest, the child would likely open up to them about situations. There was a reason the student did not want her parents to know. And you obviously have not been in schools much, as kids talk about relationships quite often.

So, does the state get to keep a secret life from the parent, if you think so, then your grooming them. Yes, that should be illegal and not tolerated. You don't get to decide for parents what can be taught, and what can be kept you've made parents a voting block, and that's about two voting age adults. Don't hide shit from parents.

• Fuck You 14

47 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Anyone else think Disney has a legit first amendment case here ? This law was passed for one reason, Disney spoke out against the state government ?

desantis is looking like a R’s wet dream, dumb, censorship happy, illegal districts and doesn’t give a fuck about the constitution when it works in his favor. 

Not with this SCOTUS

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Stop misusing grooming to support your ridiculous notions. Not telling a parent something isn’t “grooming” anyone. I posted above, so you think a parent should be told if a teacher sees Jennifer holding hands with Alyssa in the hall? What if she’s holding hands with Steve? What if the kid tells the teacher “my mom says if I’m gay she will disown me” still should go to parent? What if the teacher overheard a rumor that Jennifer had sex with someone, must share? And if rumor is false and ruins Jennifer’s life just too fucking bad?

You guys come up with these asinine positions to defend against something that legit isn’t happening and CANT happen (you can’t groom someone into being gay, try learning something), that then immediately fall apart under any scrutiny (oh so we should ban teaching books if the word marriage is in them) but just triple down and pretzel yourselves into the absolute dumbest shit possible.

Pass a law that says no explicit discussion of sexual topics for certain age and this is a nothing burger. But that’s not what the goal is. Cruelty and hate is the goal and that law doesn’t satisfy the bloodlust.

That's not what happened here. Use the actual example here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

10 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s not an issue because we don’t discuss it. He’s 6. I can only hope their teacher doesn’t bring up something that inappropriate. 

This is really a great post because it reveals a bit more about you.   First off, if you see a gay couple and you are with you child how will you react?  What if they share a hug and a kiss?   

Secondly, it really hints at how little you are involved in your kids education.   I know my kids teachers fairly well, I know their friends at home and school, I know the administrators, and I know the staff all on a first name basis.   I know what games they play at recess.   If you hope something about what your teacher is teaching than you are an absent parent.   Considering the bigotry that you are displaying on here, it might be for the best, tbh.

Since you are a fan of some historical works like Poe.  Let's take it up a notch.  Why don't you write down your issues with gays and then you look up justifications for bigotry and oppression against people from the past and see if you can find a similarity in the argument with your views.   If you find yourself echoing hate speech, what will you do? 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Stop misusing grooming to support your ridiculous notions. Not telling a parent something isn’t “grooming” anyone. I posted above, so you think a parent should be told if a teacher sees Jennifer holding hands with Alyssa in the hall? What if she’s holding hands with Steve? What if the kid tells the teacher “my mom says if I’m gay she will disown me” still should go to parent? What if the teacher overheard a rumor that Jennifer had sex with someone, must share? And if rumor is false and ruins Jennifer’s life just too fucking bad?

You guys come up with these asinine positions to defend against something that legit isn’t happening and CANT happen (you can’t groom someone into being gay, try learning something), that then immediately fall apart under any scrutiny (oh so we should ban teaching books if the word marriage is in them) but just triple down and pretzel yourselves into the absolute dumbest shit possible.

Pass a law that says no explicit discussion of sexual topics for certain age and this is a nothing burger. But that’s not what the goal is. Cruelty and hate is the goal and that law doesn’t satisfy the bloodlust.

TXSooner518,

I am not certain of how long you have been on this site but you are replying to one of the simplest people on this website.   If you have ever seen A Fish Called Wanda,  workswithseed would have to be something like Kevin Kline's character only not funny and far less quotable.  (Kevin Kline's yelling "Asshole! still cracks me up for some reason.)    He will latch on to whatever buzz word and try to use it to spin himself in a good light as the savior of rationality and the white knight of children's innocence.   He is the type of guy that thinks the right wing moron who dressed in what he thought was a pimps outfit and went to a government agency was exposing a problem with the government.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, Nivek said:

TXSooner518,

I am not certain of how long you have been on this site but you are replying to one of the simplest people on this website.   If you have ever seen A Fish Called Wanda,  workswithseed would have to be something like Kevin Kline's character only not funny and far less quotable.  (Kevin Kline's yelling "Asshole! still cracks me up for some reason.)    He will latch on to whatever buzz word and try to use it to spin himself in a good light as the savior of rationality and the white knight of children's innocence.   He is the type of guy that thinks the right wing moron who dressed in what he thought was a pimps outfit and went to a government agency was exposing a problem with the government.   

He then should stop using the hypothetical that he has created, and tell me the real thing that happened to this girl was good, and more like this should happen. It's getting ridiculous.

• Fuck You 3

Just now, Surlymermaid said:

Seriously? Do you even know the definition of grooming or are you just parroting the latest buzzword of your party? JFC—for you to suggest such a thing is offensive. You actually believe my goal, as counselor/educator, is gaining the child’s trust in order to sexually abuse them? Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit.

Parroting.  Seed is literally one of the dumbest posters on this board.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surlymermaid said:

Seriously? Do you even know the definition of grooming or are you just parroting the latest buzzword of your party? JFC—for you to suggest such a thing is offensive. You actually believe my goal, as counselor/educator, is gaining the child’s trust in order to sexually abuse them? Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit.

Do you think one suicide attempt should be enough to bring in the parents? This isn't some Lucy holding Sarah's hand shit, this was staff hiding a different identity from parents. This law makes it where you can't hide that from parents.

Edited by workswithseed
  • Fuck You 9

34 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This is really a great post because it reveals a bit more about you.   First off, if you see a gay couple and you are with you child how will you react?  What if they share a hug and a kiss?   

Secondly, it really hints at how little you are involved in your kids education.   I know my kids teachers fairly well, I know their friends at home and school, I know the administrators, and I know the staff all on a first name basis.   I know what games they play at recess.   If you hope something about what your teacher is teaching than you are an absent parent.   Considering the bigotry that you are displaying on here, it might be for the best, tbh.

Since you are a fan of some historical works like Poe.  Let's take it up a notch.  Why don't you write down your issues with gays and then you look up justifications for bigotry and oppression against people from the past and see if you can find a similarity in the argument with your views.   If you find yourself echoing hate speech, what will you do? 

Personal attacks aside, I know my children’s teachers very well actually. My wife and I actually chaperoned a field trip recently, at my son’s request. Sadly, there weren’t any wedding ceremonies, so maybe I’ll see them on the next field trip. It’s one of the benefits being able to work remotely, I get to spend a lot of time with my kids. I would assume it’s one of the reasons this discussion is so bewildering to me. There’s no way is teacher, nor any of the others I’ve met, would discuss such a matter. It’s just beyond comprehension. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Poe It Up said:

Personal attacks aside, I know my children’s teachers very well actually. My wife and I actually chaperoned a field trip recently, at my son’s request. Sadly, there weren’t any wedding ceremonies, so maybe I’ll see them on the next field trip. It’s one of the benefits being able to work remotely, I get to spend a lot of time with my kids. I would assume it’s one of the reasons this discussion is so bewildering to me. There’s no way is teacher, nor any of the others I’ve met, would discuss such a matter. It’s just beyond comprehension. 

It wasn't a personal attack.  It was a comment.   If you know your teachers so well then why did you post about what they might say?  This is inconsistent.

18 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It wasn't a personal attack.  It was a comment.   If you know your teachers so well then why did you post about what they might say?  This is inconsistent.

It’s inconceivable, to me at least, that any teacher would discuss the matter to a child my son’s age. That’s just in general, of course. Now specifically about my situation, sure I’m not overly concerned about it from the teachers I know. They seem to have a solid grasp of appropriate behavior. Barring some nervous breakdown or, say, some similarly stressing situation. 

• Fuck You 2

Not addressing any specific post or poster, but y'all better start thinking about some conversations to have with your kids really soon, because unless you are able to monitor their screen time and internet usage 24/7 through their teen years, they will eventually see some serious shit, even if it's some free game they play on their iPad that has in-game ads (which can get raunchy as hell).  Kids these days, even in early elementary school, are a lot more savvy about their devices/internet than you think, thanks to many of them having to spent a big chunk of 1-2 school years during the early part of the pandemic on such devices for most of the day.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

Do you think one suicide attempt should be enough to bring in the parents? This isn't some Lucy holding Sarah's hand shit, this was staff hiding a different identity from parents. This law makes it where you can't hide that from parents.

I’ll waste more air - telling parents every time a kid comes to another trusted adult with things like this will result in MORE suicides not fewer. There is a very obvious reason why the child didn’t want to go to the parents with this issue. We have posters here that really think their child exposed to the concept that some boys like boys is worth firing, suing, and prosecuting a person. I’m sure they would respond really well to a call that their child hates themselves because they feel like a different person inside and they know their parent hates people like that.

Also - as to your point ignoring my other hypotheticals, absolutely not. This is the problem, you can’t reverse engineer policies after the fact based on single cases. You need rules, especially since you want peoples livelihoods on the line if they don’t do it the way they want. What if a teacher hears your kid was drinking and then they die in a drunk driving crash? I’m sure you’re now out for vengeance. But without an incident, you’d say “shut up and teach”.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not addressing any specific post or poster, but y'all better start thinking about some conversations to have with your kids really soon, because unless you are able to monitor their screen time and internet usage 24/7 through their teen years, they will eventually see some serious shit, even if it's some free game they play on their iPad that has in-game ads (which can get raunchy as hell).  Kids these days, even in early elementary school, are a lot more savvy about their devices/internet than you think, thanks to many of them having to spent a big chunk of 1-2 school years during the early part of the pandemic on such devices for most of the day.

This seems sensible, I mean it’s a matter of when not if these conversations happen. Some of us just want these conversations to be had with the parent and at the right age, which I don’t think is hateful or unreasonable. 

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Anyone else think Disney has a legit first amendment case here ? This law was passed for one reason, Disney spoke out against the state government

Hard to see how not given the decision in citizens United

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

So, does the state get to keep a secret life from the parent, if you think so, then your grooming them. Yes, that should be illegal and not tolerated. You don't get to decide for parents what can be taught, and what can be kept you've made parents a voting block, and that's about two voting age adults. Don't hide shit from parents.

We need a minimum IQ for posting rule

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

That's not what happened here. Use the actual example here.

You mean from the article that used adjectives like “purported” and “supposed” to describe the crisis a likely transgender child with “devout catholic” parents was going through?

That kid is probably in conversion therapy right now you dumb fuck

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You mean from the article that used adjectives like “purported” and “supposed” to describe the crisis a likely transgender child with “devout catholic” parents was going through?

Thank you! I had to take a break from the lack of comprehension/critical thinking exhibited by some posters. Fucking exhausting-don’t know how you guys have dealt with such moronic ‘reasoning’ for years. And thanks to the rest of you for your support of educators-really is a tough job (and getting tougher every day) but worth it when you see the glimmer of hope in your students.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

This seems sensible, I mean it’s a matter of when not if these conversations happen. Some of us just want these conversations to be had with the parent and at the right age, which I don’t think is hateful or unreasonable. 

If your kid has class with any kids with older siblings it’s going to be first grade at the latest. God forbid they ride the bus to and from school

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

I’ll waste more air - telling parents every time a kid comes to another trusted adult with things like this will result in MORE suicides not fewer. There is a very obvious reason why the child didn’t want to go to the parents with this issue. We have posters here that really think their child exposed to the concept that some boys like boys is worth firing, suing, and prosecuting a person. I’m sure they would respond really well to a call that their child hates themselves because they feel like a different person inside and they know their parent hates people like that.

Also - as to your point ignoring my other hypotheticals, absolutely not. This is the problem, you can’t reverse engineer policies after the fact based on single cases. You need rules, especially since you want peoples livelihoods on the line if they don’t do it the way they want. What if a teacher hears your kid was drinking and then they die in a drunk driving crash? I’m sure you’re now out for vengeance. But without an incident, you’d say “shut up and teach”.

Yeah, like the girl's livelihood. If you think abuse is happening call cps. Stop grooming someone behind the parents backs, and hiding attempts at suicide. Oh, that seems to address your hypothetical. Just tell parents things, stop hiding shit from them and bills like this won't need to be made.

prohibits school district personnel from discouraging or prohibiting parental notification & involvement in critical decisions affecting student's mental, emotional, or physical well-being; prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels;

• Fuck You 9

21 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

We need a minimum IQ for posting rule

Hey, fuckhead. Stop hiding shit from parents. Do you know who you call if you think there is abuse? CPS. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5