Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I think the term gold star means never been with a member of the opposite sex. Never heard of a term for the opposite.

It was something like that.  Don't remember which poster it was but it was definitely a long term (shaggy at least) regular poster.  

58 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I don't put you in the same class as Johnny. While we generally don't see eye-to-eye and you sometimes piss me off politically, you're not a dishonest bully. Sure, maybe a bit out of touch or just "don't get it" (the progressive viewpoint, I mean), you're generally not an actively hostile person.

To get some perspective on the difference, go back that thread in the "totally-not-political" Daily Texan that caused Troph to quit the board where it was like a feeding frenzy in shark-infested waters. She was trying to have a reasoned conversation in a storm of transphobic slurs where shit from Johnny and others was getting all sorts of pos-repped left and right, inspiring him to go further until Troph up and ran off.

Fuck, Johnny had the audacity in this 20-against-1 fight to complain about the "woke lynch mob" all while participating in one himself. When I read how that thread ended a little later on, it was maybe the most hateful and cringeworthy display I'd seen since when the heyday of the old Cloak Room from the old board.

Here are the last few where Johnny is intentionally insulting by using "he" in reference to Lia.

image.png.150f44066f5af4b5f65804db63b34156.png

Note all the responses and hook 'ems.

image.thumb.png.29b2aa0e2751ceba6ebde86fb37f1d8e.png

The lynch mob comment & responses:

image.thumb.png.2a32d5a3dac605e32b1085fcb0d98052.png

image.thumb.png.3e81ac052728e72e395243b94cd78812.png

The coup de grace

image.thumb.png.12ad433332d0740350de2f7e55aa8ed5.png

image.thumb.png.47d6f7e513703819de0b312db01c8f20.png

@PenelopeWitherspoon @Captainant

Fatty wasn't part of that mess but do take note of who was egging him on.  @workswithseed @Immaculate Vibes

I still don't know how Johnny didn't get a timeout for that.

Man looks like I was over my skis on that one @fattyflattie. My apologies to unfairly and inaccurately attack you over Troph and that thread - I had mentally lumped you in with WWS and sack and IV/GRUhorn on this particular issue. 

Even if y'all all still vote the same way and support the same regressive policies, you aren't the same in this specific issue

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Man looks like I was over my skis on that one @fattyflattie. My apologies to unfairly and inaccurately attack you over Troph and that thread - I had mentally lumped you in with WWS and sack and IV/GRUhorn on this particular issue. 

Even if y'all all still vote the same way and support the same regressive policies, you aren't the same in this specific issue

Yup. Fatty isn't the same. He just feels a little bit bad while still voting to fuck over the poor, LGBT, and future generations. Johnny et al get a stiffy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Captainant said:

Apologies if I overreacted as well.  There are some things that cross for me, and that's one.  I'm obviously not perfect, but I've been trying to learn a bunch about all these groups of our society, and this is about the only place I get interaction with individuals of those groups.  I keep telling y'all, I may have shitty takes on a semi-regular basis, but a troll/bigot I am not.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So you would estimate that 20% of adults are somewhere in the lgbt spectrum if they could really declare their true desires? I’m just surprised by that number. 

In my limited, non-scientifically proven experience, 75-80% of all “heterosexual” women have bisexual tendencies when not sober, which I guess would put a lot of adults on the rainbow spectrum 

• Hook 'Em 3

In my limited, non-scientifically proven experience, 75-80% of all “heterosexual” women have bisexual tendencies when not sober, which I guess would put a lot of adults on the rainbow spectrum 

Yeah, I’m thinking that the B and Q options pump the overall LGBTQ number up quite a bit.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Man, somehow I lucked into the 1 out of 5 that don’t. It’s just my luck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Here's the thing about "don't say gay" and much of the "CRT" legislation.

The legislation itself is not all that offensive.  It may have some adverse consequences.

But it is being SOLD to the public as severely "anti woke" and "anti-queer."  And it gigs those gotdamn teechurs too.

The pretty audible dog-whistle is one of hatred and cruelty.  And when a law is enacted against that backdrop, that the law itself is fairly inoffensive, or even ineffectual, is almost meaningless.  It scores points with the base.

And, worse, it may lay the groundwork for future assaults.  See, e.g. 'bortion.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Apologies if I overreacted as well.  There are some things that cross for me, and that's one.  I'm obviously not perfect, but I've been trying to learn a bunch about all these groups of our society, and this is about the only place I get interaction with individuals of those groups.  I keep telling y'all, I may have shitty takes on a semi-regular basis, but a troll/bigot I am not.  

You’ve been a complete cunt in this thread.  Saying that people choose to be gay is absolutely horrific.  You have a lot of miles to go.=

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The problem is you don't get to pick the age, not if your kids are around other kids or have any kind of internet access (even if it's "filtered").

There's always at least one or two asshole parents who let their kids watch all kinds of movies/TV shows and those kids will gleefully inform other kids of their newfound knowledge, or there maybe a time where you shove a tablet or phone in their face while you nap for a bit or whatever.  Unless you keep it locked down to just one app, they might ask Siri or Alexa something, or they are playing Pokemon Go on your phone and click on events, which launches Safari, and then they realize they can find all kinds of stuff or whatever, and then *boom* you are having that conversation right then and there.

When my youngest son was 7 my wife went and searched through his iPad browser history and he had googled “boobs”. Even on safe search there were some pretty great results

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Man, none of us are perfect. I sure as shit am not and have left a trail of fuck ups in my wake. Thankfully, some of those went "poof" the day Shaggy died.

If the bold is true (and I'm not going to dispute your perception), I hope you can understand the visceral angry reactions against anti-LGBTQ+ legislation you see from some of us who do. For me, it's sort of a "you're fucking with my own flesh and blood" type of deal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If the bold is true (and I'm not going to dispute your perception), I hope you can understand the visceral angry reactions against anti-LGBTQ+ legislation you see from some of us who do. For me, it's sort of a "you're fucking with my own flesh and blood" type of deal.

Yeah, from your story above, it sounds like it.  

You can believe me or not, but I'm not a liar in real life, or on here.  I went from construction to college (where I lived 35 miles away) to O&G offshore construction, to operations management.  I'm married and live in the burbs around retirees and somewhat well to do young couples with families (read aggy engineers).  In this thread I spoke to the extremely small amount of LGBTQ+ (that was public) in my high school.   So for the last 20+ years, I just haven't been around it.  I don't dislike it, hate it, have never agreed with the R's take on it (I wish they could stick to real issues), and to be honest, other than this site, I don't much interact with that culture(?).  My wife, on the other hand, had gay roommates (both sexes) all the way thru college.  Gay coworkers, friends, etc.   I interact here solely to try and learn because I the last thing I want is to offend someone with a seemingly innocuous statement like "if they choose to be gay", when all I meant is "if they are gay".  I want to be able to give my kids the correct answer without fucking up an pronoun when they learn about this and ask. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, from your story above, it sounds like it.  

You can believe me or not, but I'm not a liar in real life, or on here.  I went from construction to college (where I lived 35 miles away) to O&G offshore construction, to operations management.  I'm married and live in the burbs around retirees and somewhat well to do young couples with families (read aggy engineers).  In this thread I spoke to the extremely small amount of LGBTQ+ (that was public) in my high school.   So for the last 20+ years, I just haven't been around it.  I don't dislike it, hate it, have never agreed with the R's take on it (I wish they could stick to real issues), and to be honest, other than this site, I don't much interact with that culture(?).  My wife, on the other hand, had gay roommates (both sexes) all the way thru college.  Gay coworkers, friends, etc.   I interact here solely to try and learn because I the last thing I want is to offend someone with a seemingly innocuous statement like "if they choose to be gay", when all I meant is "if they are gay".  I want to be able to give my kids the correct answer without fucking up an pronoun when they learn about this and ask. 

I believe you. When I used the word 'perception,' it was just an annoying reminder that you may have more exposure than you know. I've know gay guys whose behavior and outward appearances run the gamut from "oh, yeah, that makes sense" to "man, I never would've guessed" but I'm not going to beat a dead horse on this issue. What matters to me though (as the father of a gay daughter) is you're learning, gaining awareness, and hopefully willing to keep in mind that some of this shit matters to real people.

When politicians start intentionally targeting historically marginalized groups for their own gain, that should tell you something about their character and give you pause. Because if they're willing to bully the weak, it means they're also willing to screw over others, including you & yours, in any number of seemingly disconnected ways. It's just a big ol' red flag telling you that dude is an exceptional asshole among a cadre of asshole politicians.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You’ve been a complete cunt in this thread.  Saying that people choose to be gay is absolutely horrific.  You have a lot of miles to go.=

I wouldn't agree completely, I mentioned several times that I thought DeSantis was doing this as a red meat stunt and that it was bullshit.  Thru the conversations, it was immediately evident our children are all over the place on what they know, have been exposed to, or sheltered from, even if not intended.  Some folks had more faith in their kids schools/teachers than others, and several of us would rather tackle the subject at home.   Wanting to handle it at home doesn't mean this shit in Fla is the right move, and I've said as much throughout the thread.  I've never used the word groomer in my life.  I didn't even know wtf it meant until seed showed his ass in another thread today.  My talking points weren't Fox news specials.  

That's the problem.  It apparently is horrific, but wasn't meant in malice, or said to irritate.  Saying it to piss off the board would be a cunt move.  Mine was ignorance.  I was sincere in the sentence that it wouldn't even be a second thought if my daughters "are" gay.  I just chose a poor word, and apparently the worst one.  I have exactly 0 problem owning it, because I wasn't trying to hurt anyone (just ignorant). I'm trying to work on that ignorance to avoid this in the future.  Aside from taking my lumps along the way, all I can do is become more educated on it.  Ignorance is no excuse etc, but trying (hard) to become educated on it all. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

When my youngest son was 7 my wife went and searched through his iPad browser history and he had googled “boobs”. Even on safe search there were some pretty great results

I'm going to guess this guy showed up too.

Rudy_Giuliani_(49279859833)_(cropped).jp

Edited by pyrohornIII

32 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I wouldn't agree completely, I mentioned several times that I thought DeSantis was doing this as a red meat stunt and that it was bullshit.  Thru the conversations, it was immediately evident our children are all over the place on what they know, have been exposed to, or sheltered from, even if not intended.  Some folks had more faith in their kids schools/teachers than others, and several of us would rather tackle the subject at home.   Wanting to handle it at home doesn't mean this shit in Fla is the right move, and I've said as much throughout the thread.  I've never used the word groomer in my life.  I didn't even know wtf it meant until seed showed his ass in another thread today.  My talking points weren't Fox news specials.  

That's the problem.  It apparently is horrific, but wasn't meant in malice, or said to irritate.  Saying it to piss off the board would be a cunt move.  Mine was ignorance.  I was sincere in the sentence that it wouldn't even be a second thought if my daughters "are" gay.  I just chose a poor word, and apparently the worst one.  I have exactly 0 problem owning it, because I wasn't trying to hurt anyone (just ignorant). I'm trying to work on that ignorance to avoid this in the future.  Aside from taking my lumps along the way, all I can do is become more educated on it.  Ignorance is no excuse etc, but trying (hard) to become educated on it all. 

I was asked I gave. They don't like it, then they can go on with their bad selves. It also makes no sense that I've been told that thier would be harm to the child, so we need to hide it, but the harm isn't enough to get cps. It's seems blantenly stupid.

• Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

All I can say is think before you post.  I have a lot of LGBTQ+ friends, and someone saying they choose is incredibly insulting.  

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I, for one, understand and appreciate your position. I could understand @poe, too, but he ignored Mermaid’s morally correct exposition. For the rest:

You’ll have to forgive me if I missed some comments. I had more than 50 or so notifications and it’s impossible to properly address every point. My position isn’t all that unique and really at this point I feel like anything I add would be overkill. I really seem to have angered people, even if that wasn’t my intention. 

14 hours ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I don't put you in the same class as Johnny. While we generally don't see eye-to-eye and you sometimes piss me off politically, you're not a dishonest bully. Sure, maybe a bit out of touch or just "don't get it" (the progressive viewpoint, I mean), you're generally not an actively hostile person.

To get some perspective on the difference, go back that thread in the "totally-not-political" Daily Texan that caused Troph to quit the board where it was like a feeding frenzy in shark-infested waters. She was trying to have a reasoned conversation in a storm of transphobic slurs where shit from Johnny and others was getting all sorts of pos-repped left and right, inspiring him to go further until Troph up and ran off.

Fuck, Johnny had the audacity in this 20-against-1 fight to complain about the "woke lynch mob" all while participating in one himself. When I read how that thread ended a little later on, it was maybe the most hateful and cringeworthy display I'd seen since when the heyday of the old Cloak Room from the old board.

Here are the last few where Johnny is intentionally insulting by using "he" in reference to Lia.

image.png.150f44066f5af4b5f65804db63b34156.png

Note all the responses and hook 'ems.

image.thumb.png.29b2aa0e2751ceba6ebde86fb37f1d8e.png

The lynch mob comment & responses:

image.thumb.png.2a32d5a3dac605e32b1085fcb0d98052.png

image.thumb.png.3e81ac052728e72e395243b94cd78812.png

The coup de grace

image.thumb.png.12ad433332d0740350de2f7e55aa8ed5.png

image.thumb.png.47d6f7e513703819de0b312db01c8f20.png

@PenelopeWitherspoon @Captainant

Fatty wasn't part of that mess but do take note of who was egging him on.  @workswithseed @Immaculate Vibes

I still don't know how Johnny didn't get a timeout for that.

never read that thread. Pretty much confirms that DT is just cloakroom for the conservatives. Also, confirms sack really is a POS.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

22 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So you know man, saying it once, getting corrected and not continuing to say it is the only thing I ask for, so I'm not going to rake you over the coals for word choice.  I've been guilty of poor word choices plenty of times in my life so live and learn.

I can appreciate that, thank you. The way my conversations began with troph was I was saying he over and over in a single thread (not even thinking once about it) and she messaged me and asked if I was being rude, ignorant, or just not even thinking. Even though at that time I didn’t know the proper usage, I was not even giving it a second thought while typing away in some hobbies type thread (plus knowing her since long before probably had some sub-conscience on my brain) but I learned what she preferred and haven’t made that mistake again.  That’s a tiny little nothing burger but it was the first interaction on that subject and I learned from it and have retained it.  

22 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

My experience at UT was the same.  Having girlfriends helped to keep any suspicions at bay.  Plus I like hanging out with women so aside from the sex part, which I wasn't into, it wasn't a super hardship.

I’m almost certain you were the poster I mentioned upthread, but didn’t want to make assumptions or obviously @ anyone falsely. What I didn’t get from your original story was the bolded.  While there’s not much excuse for my saying “choosing” upthread, I think situations like that play into my mind on that poor descriptor.  I’m still trying to wrap my head around the explanation@trauma babe gave upthread somewhere. 

Anyhow, I appreciate your story. 

51 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m almost certain you were the poster I mentioned upthread, but didn’t want to make assumptions or obviously @ anyone falsely. What I didn’t get from your original story was the bolded.  While there’s not much excuse for my saying “choosing” upthread, I think situations like that play into my mind on that poor descriptor.  I’m still trying to wrap my head around the explanation@trauma babe gave upthread somewhere. 

Well, the good news is, it's complicated, so it's ok if you don't know all the details, since it's not details that ever affected you directly.  But in the end, most people are either straight or they aren't.  Those that aren't may choose to try straight relationships.  That doesn't make them straight, it just means they are trying to ignore their non-straightness, sometimes it can be done successfully, but usually it's a recipe for disaster.  I was gay the whole time I was dating females.  And that's why I stopped dating females, because I finally was willing to admit that and deal with it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It certainly makes it awkward when you ask about a dog groomer now. 

What a ripoff. I used to live not far from a business that did dog grooming and the prices they listed were outrageous. I can’t give any examples but I can’t see how anyone would pay such exorbitant amount for their services.

Also, I once knew a family with a poodle and they didn’t cut her hair. She was just natural. She was awesome. Her name was Carla. RIP Carla.

25 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well, the good news is, it's complicated, so it's ok if you don't know all the details, since it's not details that ever affected you directly.  But in the end, most people are either straight or they aren't.  Those that aren't may choose to try straight relationships.  That doesn't make them straight, it just means they are trying to ignore their non-straightness, sometimes it can be done successfully, but usually it's a recipe for disaster.  I was gay the whole time I was dating females.  And that's why I stopped dating females, because I finally was willing to admit that and deal with it.

It gets fuzzy. Despite any flaws in Kinsey’s research, I believe there is a spectrum. According to my gay friends, ostensibly straight, married men with kids would still occasionally cruise the gay bars looking for a hookup. I don’t think everyone with homosexual urges is by definition gay. I really just think it’s none of my business and I couldn’t care less. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There was a time not too long ago that children who were naturally oriented to be left handed would have their left hand sleeve pinned to their clothing in order to force them to write with their right hands. Beyond the perverted obsession to make these children conform,        not much else was achieved since they remained naturally left handed in their orientations.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

^^^ yep, and it's crazy to contemplate. Similarly, a friend of mine said teachers would slap her parents when they were kids in school, for speaking Spanish. The shame was ingrained and so her parents never taught her Spanish.  I wonder if any of the Hispanics voting R internalized that kind of self-loathing when they rail against new immigrants. 

Progress is good.

6 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

^^^ yep, and it's crazy to contemplate. Similarly, a friend of mine said teachers would slap her parents when they were kids in school, for speaking Spanish. The shame was ingrained and so her parents never taught her Spanish.  I wonder if any of the Hispanics voting R internalized that kind of self-loathing when they rail against new immigrants. 

Progress is good.

Yes it is.

58 minutes ago, HenryJames said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.f238d1f768cbf079152f87bfabdc48e6.jpeg

won’t be long before two things happen ..

1. Abbott or Desantis will make sure their select election fraud unit is in charge of counting all votes. Probably bring in cyber ninjas to help.

2.  these elections fraud units will watch you vote, just like any other authoritarian govt. best way to prevent fraud is to make sure you vote for the right party

Edited by tx 3 putt