Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Go rub your pussy elsewhere, bitch. 

I guess, although that's not the context I meant.  I just meant "openly gay", or out of the closet, or some other term I may not be familiar with that will hurt @scottsins pussy some more.   I appreciate that, don't need any gotcha, nothing was meant in malice.  I've literally "known" more LGBTQ folks on Shag/Surl that in real life.  By a factor of several times.  So please give me the benefit of the doubt if I fuck up a pronoun or something of that sort. 

It's much more likely that you come off as such a redneck asshole, that gay people don't dare let you know that they are gay. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s not prohibited from being in those school libraries?

I’m sure one can walk in there with the book.  The district removed it as one of its library offerings.  

Plenty of lib districts had Tom Sawyer removed for the N bomb.  They didn’t ban the book though.  They removed it.  

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

It's much more likely that you come off as such a redneck asshole, that gay people don't dare let you know that they are gay. 

Maybe one day I’ll be a big enough douche bag that everytime I post in a thread, it’ll be fattyflattie’d.  The mere presence of a post having ruined the thread.  Know anyone with that reputation? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Yeah... throw that shit out...  but that is one page out of loud of books. 

Might be a moot point if books are printed, but maybe the first course of action would be to highlight the questionable text and ask the publishers to change it to be considered?  

publishers have to fit their content into guidelines all the time and make changes when necessary if they want to be approved in areas.  One would think Florida is populous enough to have that consideration.

I’ve not read enough to know if this has or will happen, or if it went right to outright rejection as a political stunt. 

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

I’m sure one can walk in there with the book.  The district removed it as one of its library offerings.  

Plenty of lib districts had Tom Sawyer removed for the N bomb.  They didn’t ban the book though.  They removed it.  

The point of a school library is to have books available for children to check out,not to walk in with a book. You are a special kind of stupid, or else you think the other posters here are. 

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The point of a school library is to have books available for children to check out,not to walk in with a book. You are a special kind of stupid, or else you think the other posters here are. 

The point of a school library isn’t to have every book ever available.   The community through its leadership decides which books to make available.  School libraries add and remove books all the time.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

The point of a school library isn’t to have every book ever available.   The community through its leadership decides which books to make available.  School libraries add and remove books all the time.  

Once again you are completely dishonest with your attempts at argument. They didn’t remove this book to add another one because there isn’t room. They removed it because they felt a picture of a man and a man with a child was objectionable. Again, this is what you get when you vote for Republicans. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Desantis is a piece of shit capitalizing on the fear mongering that has exploded in recent history. The problem with that is his state along with Texas (Abbott), TN (legislature), and others are attracting people to those states that are chasing that message which will only exacerbate the problem. I can’t tell you how many new clients I met with this year that had moved in because of no income tax and our ultra conservative legislature.

Reading through the last 10 pages of this thread has been interesting. The fear mongering and words that are used in these debates are ridiculous. It’s no different than going after immigrants for the outliers, going after other races for the outliers, etc. Your examples are 1 in a million and shouldn’t drive the narrative for the population. You don’t legislate against a specific group because of the outliers.

Schools need to be educating our children about everything that goes on in the world and “grooming” (which is another stupid fucking word that is everywhere) them to be tolerant, educated, individuals. If your backwoods ass wants to teach hate (intolerance manifests hate pure and simple) at home, there isn’t anything anyone can do to stop you. Let’s let the schools give them the worldly viewpoint and education they need to operate in the world today. Intolerance, ignorance, marginalization, etc breeds hate which then leads to people dying as a result. It’s that simple, look back through history as a guide of you don’t believe it. I’m a high income, white, fairly conservative, church going, male and this stuff makes me sad for the future of my two girls. They both want out of this state as quickly as they can, so hopefully we’ve done our part to make them see the bigger picture.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Once again you are completely dishonest with your attempts at argument. They didn’t remove this book to add another one because there isn’t room. They removed it because they felt a picture of a man and a man with a child was objectionable. Again, this is what you get when you vote for Republicans. 

Nice straw man.  I didn’t argue that at all.  

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Nice straw man.  I didn’t argue that at all.  

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So this is just a non sequitur?

Edited by Sawbonz

4 minutes ago, Brew said:

Desantis is a piece of shit capitalizing on the fear mongering that has exploded in recent history. The problem with that is his state along with Texas (Abbott), TN (legislature), and others are attracting people to those states that are chasing that message which will only exacerbate the problem. I can’t tell you how many new clients I met with this year that had moved in because of no income tax and our ultra conservative legislature.

Reading through the last 10 pages of this thread has been interesting. The fear mongering and words that are used in these debates are ridiculous. It’s no different than going after immigrants for the outliers, going after other races for the outliers, etc. Your examples are 1 in a million and shouldn’t drive the narrative for the population. You don’t legislate against a specific group because of the outliers.

Schools need to be educating our children about everything that goes on in the world and “grooming” (which is another stupid fucking word that is everywhere) them to be tolerant, educated, individuals. If your backwoods ass wants to teach hate (intolerance manifests hate pure and simple) at home, there isn’t anything anyone can do to stop you. Let’s let the schools give them the worldly viewpoint and education they need to operate in the world today. Intolerance, ignorance, marginalization, etc breeds hate which then leads to people dying as a result. It’s that simple, look back through history as a guide of you don’t believe it. I’m a high income, white, fairly conservative, church going, male and this stuff makes me sad for the future of my two girls. They both want out of this state as quickly as they can, so hopefully we’ve done our part to make them see the bigger picture.

Lots of different options on places to live.  I’m sure you and yours can find a nice place elsewhere. I’m glad not every state is the same.  I prefer how we do it in Texas.  Others don’t.  People have been voting with their feet.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Lots of different options on places to live.  I’m sure you and yours can find a nice place elsewhere. I’m glad not every state is the same.  I prefer how we do it in Texas.  Others don’t.  People have been voting with their feet.  

That would be great if everybody played by the rules. Unfortunately, Republicans want to steal elections. As long as that’s happening, it doesn’t really matter where you live

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So this is just a non sequitur?

God damn you’re dumb.  Where did I ever say it was space related?  They remove books because the community wants it removed. They add others the community wants.  

were you bitching when woke districts removed Huck Finn?  Who gives a shit.  Let each community decide what is in its public school library.  You get to elect the school board. Who has ultimate control.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Which goes further to exacerbate the differences among us. Instead of spending timing together and discussing our differences to find common ground, everyone is running to their proverbial corners of the country. I want my kids to understand people’s differences and accept/celebrate them for it which becomes harder as we go forward and isolate with like minded individuals.

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That would be great if everybody played by the rules. Unfortunately, Republicans want to steal elections. As long as that’s happening, it doesn’t really matter where you live

Not to mention screwing with districts, TN just completely jacked up Nashville’s districts to try and isolate the D vote as long as they can.

God damn you’re dumb.  Where did I ever say it was space related?  They remove books because the community wants it removed. They add others the community wants.  

were you bitching when woke districts removed Huck Finn?  Who gives a shit.  Let each community decide what is in its public school library.  You get to elect the school board. Who has ultimate control.  

I was absolutely bitching when Huck Finn was banned. Fuck you if you weren’t. And that’s exactly my point when I said this is what you get when you vote Republican. There is no way a majority of people in that school district give a shit about that book being in the library. It negatively affects kids. Unfortunately, the psychos who voted in that school board care more than the average resident. But why should you care? Doesn’t affect you or your kids and your taxes stay low

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Brew said:

Not to mention screwing with districts, TN just completely jacked up Nashville’s districts to try and isolate the D vote as long as they can.

And DeSantis just vetoed a gerrymandered redistricting passed by his party and called a special session to get a new map drawn that will likely give 20 of 28 seats to Republicans in a state that is 51% Republican. This shit is not sustainable. Eventually it’s gonna bite sack and the people like him in the ass because they are not true believers just opportunists

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I was absolutely bitching when Huck Finn was banned. Fuck you if you weren’t. And that’s exactly my point when I said this is what you get when you vote Republican. There is no way a majority of people in that school district give a shit about that book being in the library. It negatively affects kids. Unfortunately, the psychos who voted in that school board care more than the average resident. But why should you care? Doesn’t affect you or your kids and your taxes stay low

Nothing has hurt kids more than shutting down schools.  You fucksticks own that.   This book being removed from a library doesn’t make one fucking difference.  Shutting down schools did.  Especially the poorest kids.  So fuck right off blaming the GOP for hurting kids.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing has hurt kids more than shutting down schools.  You fucksticks own that.   This book being removed from a library doesn’t make one fucking difference.  Shutting down schools did.  Especially the poorest kids.  So fuck right off blaming the GOP for hurting kids.  

I wasn’t for school closures. But I’ll never vote for a fucking Republican again after all the bullshit you dickholes have pulled.

And removing representation of lgbt families absolutely harms kids you lying sack of shit. Removing this book is one cog in the gear of Republican fuckery. You own that and all that follows from it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Exactly. 

How many self aware gay kids are there that are 9 and under? I’d venture to say almost zero. That’s why fighting over this is stupid. Kids aren’t being offended by these things not being discussed. Who is offended by it being off the table? Adults that want it to be discussed.

It should be in the parents’ hands.  Not a single person here has objected to it being discussed in elementary. At our school in a deep red district this stuff was discussed to some extent in 5th grade I believe. It’s about the age. That’s it. It’s weird to demand it be allowed at those young ages. 

Negged for the habit of pulling facts out of your dead-gerbil-filled ass and then challenging others to prove their points with documentation. When you're corrected, at best, you coyly back away as though lying could never have been your intention. I'll neg a few more times without saying why to catch up on the times I've let it go.

14 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

For one you are wrong that it’s almost zero.

For two, you are ignoring kids who are being raised by LGBTQ families.

For three, even if a kid doesn’t know they are gay by 3rd grade, when they do know, the environment will be much healthier for them if “gay people exist” is as normal as “redheads exist”, “black people exist”, “vegetarians exist” instead of something so apparently shameful that laws must be passed to avoid discussing it.

For four, tons of examples have been given in this thread that you ignore. In first grade, we held marriage ceremonies on the playground. Kids are aware relationships exist. This shouldn’t be controversial.

For five, if fighting over this is stupid the blame is wholly on DeSantis and Florida Republicans.

If we're not teaching tolerance as a first principle to children, then we're tacitly okaying childhood bullying that matures into hate engine adherents and/or adult bullies. 

The hate engine children will never want to give up their right to persecute, vilify, and punish fellow citizens whom at least should be able to expect and give tolerance.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

And I'm sure that it will stop with just one book...

• Rage+1 1

As a father with a child in kindergarten, this law just seems like common sense. Why in the world would a teacher discuss sexual orientation with a 6 year old? The topic just doesn’t come up at that age.

It does if one of his classmates or friends has two mommies or daddies (as just one example - I remember it coming up with my then 5 year old when one of his teachers married a woman). You don’t have to get into the intricacies of how gay sex works to say “yes, some people are attracted to and marry people of the same sex.” The kid will nod, say ok, and go back to playing with his Legos or some shit.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that heterosexual relationships and pair bonding are taught by the state (shit, even the three bears Goldilocks pilfered from were a hetero couple - it’s woven into all kinds of stuff, which is fine, by the way) while also ensuring that same-sex relationships are treated as forbidden, off limits, and therefore wrong….meaning anyone in or associated with one is also wrong. That’s it. That’s the reason. Well, that and using legislative power as state sanctioned bullying. It’s not about “protecting” a single fucking child. It’s about shaming and ostracizing thousands of children.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It does if one of his classmates or friends has two mommies or daddies (as just one example - I remember it coming up with my then 5 year old when one of his teachers married a woman). You don’t have to get into the intricacies of how gay sex works to say “yes, some people are attracted to and marry people of the same sex.” The kid will nod, say ok, and go back to playing with his Legos or some shit.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that heterosexual relationships and pair bonding are taught by the state (shit, even the three bears Goldilocks pilfered from were a hetero couple - it’s woven into all kinds of stuff, which is fine, by the way) while also ensuring that same-sex relationships are treated as forbidden, off limits, and therefore wrong….meaning anyone in or associated with one is also wrong. That’s it. That’s the reason. Well, that and using legislative power as state sanctioned bullying. It’s not about “protecting” a single fucking child. It’s about shaming and ostracizing thousands of children.

Which is why taking the picture book out of the school libraries is so fucked up. There’s literally one picture of a same sex couple in that book and the fucking Puritan squad got rid of it. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Less than 5% of the population is gay, so it’s just not likely to come up. If it somehow does, you simply tell them to ask their parents and redirect, which is very easy at that age. Telling them about homosexual marriage is really bizarre, and frankly inappropriate. 

• Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

But they don't say "this book is not allowed to be here" all the time. That's the difference.  Not every library has every book, but a librarian in that school district is not allowed, or PROHIBITED, from having that book available. It's really not a hard concept at all. 

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Do you have children? They think regular marriage is bizarre. This is really simple stuff. 

I have 4. Three have had friends with 2 moms since kindergarten the other since 3rd grade. It’s only weird if you as a parent make it weird

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Brew said:

How old are you daughters?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

As a father with a child in kindergarten, this law just seems like common sense. Why in the world would a teacher discuss sexual orientation with a 6 year old? The topic just doesn’t come up at that age.

Lol you just proved that the bill isn't needed in your own statement. Well done!

12 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Less than 5% of the population is gay, so it’s just not likely to come up. If it somehow does, you simply tell them to ask their parents and redirect, which is very easy at that age. Telling them about homosexual marriage is really bizarre, and frankly inappropriate. 

So you think 1 in 20 people being gay makes it very likely that none of the kids, parents, or teacher in a class of 25 kids are impacted.  Do you math this hard all the time or only when trying to continue to ostracize portions of the population?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I have 4. Three have had friends with 2 moms since kindergarten the other since 3rd grade. It’s only weird if you as a parent make it weird

That’s a lot and probably very rare. The only way it gets weird is if a 3rd party gets involved. But again, I just can’t imagine a scenario where the teacher feels that’s appropriate. 

9 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

So you think 1 in 20 people being gay makes it very likely that none of the kids, parents, or teacher in a class of 25 kids are impacted.  Do you math this hard all the time or only when trying to continue to ostracize portions of the population?

Where did I say none? I said it’s not likely and it’s not. 

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That’s a lot and probably very rare. The only way it gets weird is if a 3rd party gets involved. But again, I just can’t imagine a scenario where the teacher feels that’s appropriate. 

So we're in agreement. Leaving it to the school, teacher, and parents' discretion seems like the wisest course of action.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

Why would a teacher talk about marriage with my 6 year old? You guys are really weird. 

What in the actually fuck are you talking about? A teacher being "allowed" to discuss something in pretty general terms if the topic comes up isn't the same as a teacher unilaterally deciding to give a lesson plan to their kindergarten class about the differences between heterosexual and homosexual marriage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Where did I say none? I said it’s not likely and it’s not. 

So you think it's less than 50% that in a class of 25 that any of the kids, kids' parents, kids' siblings, or the teacher are gay AND also that it never comes up such as "so what did everyone do this weekend?" "my uncle married his new husband" etc.?  If so, your understanding of statistitcs is piss poor.

Also see my above post to IV about the overall impact of laws like this on overall acceptance/mental health/etc. 

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What in the actually fuck are you talking about? A teacher being "allowed" to discuss something in pretty general terms if the topic comes up isn't the same as a teacher unilaterally deciding to give a lesson plan to their kindergarten class about the differences between heterosexual and homosexual marriage.

Forgive my tautology here, but you’ll have to explain the teachers need to discuss marriage with my kindergartner. 

• Fuck You 6

9 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Why would a teacher talk about marriage with my 6 year old? You guys are really weird. 

Never ending factory of people spouting disingenous bullshit.  At 6, we were having marriage ceremonies on the playground. My daughter was a 3rd grader when she attended my second wedding, it's "really weird" if it got mentioned in class she was going to her dad's wedding?  Of course it isn't fucking weird, you guys just love to play the ignorant hey what who me "hey why do we wanna talk to kids about sexuality amirite?" horseshit card.  Guess the fuck what, it still wouldn't have been fucking weird if that marriage was to a man instead of a woman. The fact that you think it's weird is just truly mindfucked, let alone the idea of thinking it's not only weird but harmful, AND not only harmful but so harmful we must make it illegal. 

• Hook 'Em 2