Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You think changes to education policy via legislation needs to be made because of one anecdote from Tik Tok shows a teacher telling their class that?

Nope. I’d be fine with just firing them. But I don’t think it’s a big ask for teachers to place those talks back on the parents for 4-7 yos. 

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Now that is fucking creepy

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/548534-floridas-new-ban-on-transgender-students-in-sports-would/

Link since I'm sure the Johnny's and IV's of the world will be insisting that it isn't true, but yes Florida Republicans voted to allow school officials to inspect kids' genitals. Pretty sick, huh flattie?  Your fucking team is the one that does this shit and just constantly projects. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Nope. I’d be fine with just firing them. But I don’t think it’s a big ask for teachers to place those talks back on the parents for 4-7 yos. 

So you advocate firing a teacher for responding to a question with the current correct medical guidance as issued by the AMA.  Fucking lol. 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

The states that would hypothetically have the weather to be attractive year round would be limited. But a state like Texas would probably offer a ton. 

But if you’re leaving Florida due to political reasons…

Disney World would do a lot for Albuquerque or Tucson.

11 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

You are the one that insisted the teacher write down natal sex, which is determined by inspecting genitalia. Stop the fucking deflecting. And in fact conservatives did push a bill that would require genital inspection of children before they could participate in sports.

I see where your mind leads, and I’m rapidly starting to see why the accusations are levied towards you.  Let me make it even simpler for you, Sooner level reading here.

For example, if a 4-7yo child asks a question about their sex. In lieu of the teacher trying to explain this all, it should be sufficient for the teacher to send home a note with the child, letting the parents know they need to breach the subject, such as difference between natal sex and gender, with their child.   

So you understand?  Nothing to do about checking a child’s parts.  Suggestion for education of sexual matters from the parents, at their discretion  

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

voted to allow school officials to inspect kids' genitals.

In cases where a student’s “biological sex” is disputed, the law authorizes schools to require health examinations or documentation from the student’s personal health care provider.

I know, that whole Sooner reading deal, but come on man. Your claim was disputed in the first paragraph of your own link. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I see where your mind leads, and I’m rapidly starting to see why the accusations are levied towards you.  Let me make it even simpler for you, Sooner level reading here.

For example, if a 4-7yo child asks a question about their sex. In lieu of the teacher trying to explain this all, it should be sufficient for the teacher to send home a note with the child, letting the parents know they need to breach the subject, such as difference between natal sex and gender, with their child.   

So you understand?  Nothing to do about checking a child’s parts.  Suggestion for education of sexual matters from the parents, at their discretion  

what if that note said "your son claims he is gay" and that note gets that kid's ass kicked at home? just because your scenario is YOUR preference doesn't mean it is for everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Pretty sure the bad feelies stem from those that insist their pronouns are being misused. 

One of my daughters good friends from junior high came out as trans. She killed herself sophomore year. Her parents and close friends were all very supportive and she was in individual and family therapy. Her father found her hanging. 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

In cases where a student’s “biological sex” is disputed, the law authorizes schools to require health examinations or documentation from the student’s personal health care provider.

I know, that whole Sooner reading deal, but come on man. Your claim was disputed in the first paragraph of your own link. 

Jesus you are dumber than fuck. It authorizes "health examinations by the school" or "documentation from the personal health care provider".  YOU are the one who cannot read, stop fucking projecting your stupid fucking shit. From the fucking same article, mouthbreather: The bill, which is now headed to the Senate for consideration is similar to dozens of laws being considered across the country restricting the rights of transgender students, but it goes even further by giving schools the power to conduct genital examinations.

1 minute ago, TXSooner518 said:

What accusations are "levied towards me"?  YOU FUCKING SAID IT DIPSHIT.  YOU SAID WRITE DOWN THEIR NATAL SEX.  Now you have changed your story to "oh, I said write a note that says "hey parent explain natal sex vs gender to Little Johnny" which is not what you originally said. I can read just fine, per my Texas Law degree fuckface.  

Are you sure? You want to read it again (I didn’t say write down their natal sex)?  I said write down natal sex on a note.  This is going to be very difficult is you can’t read words. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what if that note said "your son claims he is gay" and that note gets that kid's ass kicked at home? just because your scenario is YOUR preference doesn't mean it is for everyone else.

Or the kid is beaten and told he will go to hell and then kills himself? OH WELP SORRY HAVE TO APPEASE BACKWATER FUCKS WHO REFUSE ADVANCES IN MODERN MEDICINE

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, TXSooner518 said:

Or the kid is beaten and told he will go to hell and then kills himself? OH WELP SORRY HAVE TO APPEASE BACKWATER FUCKS WHO REFUSE ADVANCES IN MODERN MEDICINE

I’m certain his K teacher, you know the ones that teach them different colors and shapes, will prevent that. K suicide rate on the rise? 

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So you agree this law is government overreach for purely political reasons?

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you sure? You want to read it again (I didn’t say write down their natal sex)?  I said write down natal sex on a note.  This is going to be very difficult is you can’t read words. 

So for the record your position is that when you said "Write down natal sex on a note and send them home to their parents." rather than meaning "write the child's natal sex down on a note for them and send them home" you actually meant just hand a kindergartener a piece of paper with two words on it, one of which is sex, and expect that it will resolve it.  OK coolio. 

I’m certain his K teacher, you know the ones that teach them different colors and shapes, will prevent that. K suicide rate on the rise? 

Applies through at least 3rd grade, then whatever the ignorant dregs of society deem age-appropriate above that. But, since you asked, you complete ghoul, absolutely yes it has doubled in the last decade. https://www.todaysparent.com/kids/kids-health/why-is-suicidal-behaviour-increasing-among-elementary-school-children/

• Hook 'Em 2

Studies show that black children begin associating their skin pigmentation with inferiority in pre-k. Those feelings affect their confidence and mental well-being the rest of their lives. Imagine how much worse it is for a trans child

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Studies show that black children begin associating their skin pigmentation with inferiority in pre-k. Those feelings affect their confidence and mental well-being the rest of their lives. Imagine how much worse it is for a trans child

Doesn't care, prefers dead kids over validation of behaviors or mindsets he doesn't understand or like. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Natal sex has nothing to do with human gender

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

So for the record your position is that when you said "Write down natal sex on a note and send them home to their parents." rather than meaning "write the child's natal sex down on a note for them and send them home" you actually meant just hand a kindergartener a piece of paper with two words on it, one of which is sex, and expect that it will resolve it.  OK coolio. 

Correct.  

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That’s terrible. What I’m not seeing the connection is why a school teacher > parents.  How about a compromise to make the entire thing moot?  You can sign up or decline at beginning of year.  There’s 15 kids/class at that age, and it can easily be kept in a spreadsheet.  Some religious parents opt out, you send them an email about the question in lieu of answering it. Everybody wins, Disney can get back to overcharging parents for amusement, and we fight about the next thing.  

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I enjoyed Jim's Big Burger.  It's neat how Victoria has held on to it's independent burger joints.  

Yeah I will visit Moo-Moo or DT just for the nostalgia whenever I am visiting Victoria.

42 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I think that IF things that y'all are so worried about did happen, this is exactly the outcome that would occur. No laws that fuel the hate necessary.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think that IF things that y'all are so worried about did happen, this is exactly the outcome that would occur. No laws that fuel the hate necessary.

I’m not certain that’s any better than the stupid law.  Seems like you’d be less protected from a rogue upset parent, and some teachers are going to be making bank off the lawsuits (at taxpayer expense).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m not certain that’s any better than the stupid law.  Seems like you’d be less protected from a rogue upset parent, and some teachers are going to be making bank off the lawsuits (at taxpayer expense).

i think you have that 100% backwards

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i think you have that 100% backwards

How’s that?  Typically it’s harder to be charged with a crime than just an accusation to be swept under the rug (fired).   I can see more teachers being hurt by someone throwing bullshit out there, knowing there’s no real “proof” needed, proof you would be required with a law, with criminal punishment on the line. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Exactly 100% backwards. How, exactly, are teachers going to make bank off the lawsuits?  Further, how exactly is it at taxpayer expense. Show your work. PRO TIP: Putting in a law that someone can be sued for doing something generally increases lawsuits based on that something. PRO TIP 2; Saying you can't do A, B, C, D, E, or F when the huge majority thinks only E and F are the problem results in people not doing A, B, or C which can be very harmful and results in moron lawsuits when A, B, or C is done. 

Even you admit it's government overreach, yet you stand her defending it as reasonable at the same time. 

1 minute ago, TXSooner518 said:

Even you admit it's government overreach, yet you stand her defending it as reasonable at the same time. 

No I’m completely against it, and absolutely believe it’s a stunt. At the same time, I don’t want the subject breached with my 4yo. I saw your examples upthread you asked sack about. I don’t have any problems with those, outside maybe the same sex book, because I know my 4yo doesn’t understand that yet.  10 yo kids, I don’t have much issue with any of it.  I think the 4-7 age this “law” speaks to, these subjects should be sent to the house.  That doesn’t mean people hate alphabet kids, or adults. It means the VAST majority of 4 yos don’t know what it all means.  

I went thru this irl with my oldest at a young age, while shopping.  I trust the parents over the teachers.  Maybe in some shithole county in East Texas the parents won’t handle it as well as the teachers.  But I’m my district, that’s very well educated and well to do area, I trust the parents can handle the proper explanation for their family. 

33 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

wow, he went through with it. I thought he would balk, but damn

Why? He knows the courts are going to throw it out. And if they don’t it won’t go into effect until 2023 and he has his this to feed the rubes so they will turn out in November. He’s go his eyes on the White House for 2024 so he doesn’t gaf what happens to Florida by then

No I’m completely against it, and absolutely believe it’s a stunt. At the same time, I don’t want the subject breached with my 4yo. I saw your examples upthread you asked sack about. I don’t have any problems with those, outside maybe the same sex book, because I know my 4yo doesn’t understand that yet.  10 yo kids, I don’t have much issue with any of it.  I think the 4-7 age this “law” speaks to, these subjects should be sent to the house.  That doesn’t mean people hate alphabet kids, or adults. It means the VAST majority of 4 yos don’t know what it all means.  

I went thru this irl with my oldest at a young age, while shopping.  I trust the parents over the teachers.  Maybe in some shithole county in East Texas the parents won’t handle it as well as the teachers.  But I’m my district, that’s very well educated and well to do area, I trust the parents can handle the proper explanation for their family. 

Ask @NameAlreadyInUse how it is for those kids growing up in the shithole counties. We should be trying to protect the most vulnerable 

• Hook 'Em 2

He should.  Fla would be instrumental to his presidential run. Would be embarrassing to lose your own state while showing out 

That’s my point. He sees this bill as a stepping stone to winning re-election this November. The effects of the law, if it somehow stands, won’t be felt until 2023 and will be moot from his standpoint 

Just now, Sawbonz said:

That’s my point. He sees this bill as a stepping stone to winning re-election this November. The effects of the law, if it somehow stands, won’t be felt until 2023 and will be moot from his standpoint 

Apologies. I had my mind on the Disney thing from going back and forth thru threads.  I was speaking to the Disney stunt.   Yeah, this bill is nothing but red meat, didn’t know that was contentious. 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Much more reasonable and rational, and the obvious problem is this law opens up consequences for those things (and also further reinforces LGBTQ as outsiders to be ostracized and marginalized, which is so harmful obviously). I also think "existence of gay people" such as a book with same-sex relationship characters shouldn't be a controversial subject needing a parent involvement, any more than "why does Steve have brown skin?" or a book with Black characters should be controversial even in an all-white area or school. Obviously getting deep into the weeds on these topics isn't appropriate for K-3 and no one is pushing to do that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This has the potential to be a big win for Democrats. If the crazies on Texags are any indication, there is already a shift in support from Trump to Desantis that seems to be rooted in a belief that Trump is unelectable. When Trump understands the erosion of his support is tied to an uptick in support for Desantis, he will try to destroy him and in the process cause a fissure in Magaland. Should be fun to watch.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

This has the potential to be a big win for Democrats. If the crazies on Texags are any indication, there is already a shift in support from Trump to Desantis that seems to be rooted in a belief that Trump is unelectable. When Trump understands the erosion of his support is tied to an uptick in support for Desantis, he will try to destroy him and in the process cause a fissure in Magaland. Should be fun to watch.

Desantis will probably wait if Trump does go in. Why mess with that man who has killed people's political careers with nicknames. 

7 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Much more reasonable and rational, and the obvious problem is this law opens up consequences for those things (and also further reinforces LGBTQ as outsiders to be ostracized and marginalized, which is so harmful obviously). I also think "existence of gay people" such as a book with same-sex relationship characters shouldn't be a controversial subject needing a parent involvement, any more than "why does Steve have brown skin?" or a book with Black characters should be controversial even in an all-white area or school. Obviously getting deep into the weeds on these topics isn't appropriate for K-3 and no one is pushing to do that. 

they are intentionally conflating "sex"/gender/orientation with teaching sexuality. The fact of a person's identity doesn't include specific sexual information but they rely on the rubes to be unable to think that logically. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Desantis will probably wait if Trump does go in. Why mess with that man who has killed people's political careers with nicknames. 

Desantis is all in already. He thinks he can take Trump and that his brand of hateful conservatism will play well across the country.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

they are intentionally conflating "sex"/gender/orientation with teaching sexuality. The fact of a person's identity doesn't include specific sexual information but they rely on the rubes to be unable to think that logically. 

Exactly this.  "Gay people exist and are mentioned" is presented to the rubes as "weirdo perverts want to talk to kindergarteners about sex, why???" 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2