Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Why are y’all still debating a troll who deliberately mischaracterizes the argument? It’s intentional on his part. He has no interest in a good faith discussion. Look it’s easy. Let’s take some issue like abortion 

“I will never understand why Johnny Sack fights so hard to protect people who rape family members to have incest babies. I, for one, am against incest and rape, but Johnny Sack and the GOP want to pass laws and change constitutional precedent to support those acts”

Makes no sense.  

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

The lie you keep making is that condemnation of the bill = support for those specific teachers. I personally think at least in some cases they go too far. Importantly, I don't think they go too far because they are trying to groom children, but because they are young and still learning the best way to communicate while forming their own beliefs. Attributing malice to these teachers is despicable.

In addition to that, the bill itself does nothing but create a more hostile environment for teachers. I think the bill is awful not because I want those specific teachers saying those specific things, but because it simply leads to additional harassment.

Unless I’m mistaken, you’re the first one to say that on this thread. Congrats. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Say hi to the monkeys. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about. 

So Greg Abbott costing the Texas economy and taxpayers 4 billion dollars for a one week stunt of detaining trucks at the border wasn't "flash and pop" and was instead good governance based on logic and common sense solutions and not masturbating publicly for the feeble-minded?  Fuck outta here. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Being against a shitty ass law, written in haste without due consideration of the consequences, that outlaws something that isn't really happening anyway in any significant numbers, does not mean you support what the law bans.

Immaculate Vibes has repeatedly suggested that anyone who is against this is law is a pedophile. If he did that to my face, he would get punched.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Immaculate Vibes has repeatedly suggested that anyone who is against this is law is a pedophile. If he did that to my face, he would get punched.

Again, not sure why the mods are enabling this sort of thing on their site. Accusing your opposition of pedophilia is just lazy fucking trolling. Not being really, really stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Why are y’all still debating a troll who deliberately mischaracterizes the argument? It’s intentional on his part. He has no interest in a good faith discussion. Look it’s easy. Let’s take some issue like abortion 

“I will never understand why Johnny Sack fights so hard to protect people who rape family members to have incest babies. I, for one, am against incest and rape, but Johnny Sack and the GOP want to pass laws and change constitutional precedent to support those acts”

If I can just come up with the right words, maybe I can teach a rutabaga how to think for itself!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TXSooner518 said:

So Greg Abbott costing the Texas economy and taxpayers 4 billion dollars for a one week stunt of detaining trucks at the border wasn't "flash and pop" and was instead good governance based on logic and common sense solutions and not masturbating publicly for the feeble-minded?  Fuck outta here. 

If there is one truism on this site, it’s that anytime someone starts a statement with so… they are about to hallucinate and falsely attribute some argument to a person. 

Abbott’s recent actions have been flash and pop to get attention, but the immigration and border issues are quite real. Something tells me a poster with the Ukraine flag as their avi like pyro has almost no personal knowledge of that. And I thought the damage from Abbott’s shenanigans was $200M. It’s substantial but you’re bumping it by 20x. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Being against a shitty ass law, written in haste without due consideration of the consequences, that outlaws something that isn't really happening anyway in any significant numbers, does not mean you support what the law bans.

Similar to the TX abortion ban.  That is such a terribly-drafted law that violates every concept of due process, regardless of your feelings on abortion. I would oppose the bill if it replaced "abortion" with "child molestation" because it is a ridiculous law that creates massive legal problems, and no one who actually believes in what this country stands for would support "any random person who wasn't impacted in any way whatsover can sue someone wherever they want and if they don't file an answer, get a judgment for thousands of dollars."  But I guess Republicans like child molestation more than abortion, because that's what they tell me when they allow me to sue a stranger for driving someone to an abortion clinic but not for molesting kids. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

If there is one truism on this site, it’s that anytime someone starts a statement with so… they are about to hallucinate and falsely attribute some argument to a person. 

Abbott’s recent actions have been flash and pop to get attention, but the immigration and border issues are quite real. Something tells me a poster with the Ukraine flag as their avi like pyro has almost no personal knowledge of that. And I thought the damage from Abbott’s shenanigans was $200M. It’s substantial but you’re bumping it by 20x. 

Google, 1 second later: https://www.dallasnews.com/business/economy/2022/04/20/economist-says-gov-abbotts-border-inspections-lost-texas-42-billion-and-36000-jobs/

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Never said or suggested such a thing. Can you link to a post where I did?

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Again, not sure why the mods are enabling this sort of thing on their site. Accusing your opposition of pedophilia is just lazy fucking trolling. Not being really, really stupid.

Where did i do that? 

I suggested people that feel the need to discuss sexuality or gender differences with young children that are not theirs are creepy. That’s it. Y’all are imagining things. 

• Fuck You 3

38 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Fighting to teach kindergarteners that their gender is guessed at birth is reasonable.  You people are crazy.  

Did you fuck your mother more times or fewer times this week than last week?

This is the level of the argument you are making.  Nobody is doing what you claim they are doing*.  You make the accusation to inspire fear in the intellectually challenged. 

*unless you are but I'm not accusing you of it, just an example of the absurdity of your argument.

10 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Never said or suggested such a thing. Can you link to a post where I did?

Where did i do that? 

I suggested people that feel the need to discuss sexuality or gender differences with young children that are not theirs are creepy. That’s it. Y’all are imagining things. 

You're doing the Jordan Peterson/Anastasia thing where you imply and suggest a thing by a firehose of anecdotes that all lead to the same conclusion, and then when someone tries to pin you down to it, you predictably reply with "I never said THAT! You're being unreasonable!"

It's the same thing ben shapiro and steven crowder do, all the same rhetorical strategy to have a strong opinion without ever actually critically engaging with the ideas

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I think he's done a fantastic job as governor of Florida and so do his constituents.

Plus Floridians avoided this guy:

spacer.png

Pretty low bar when you’re better than a drug addict right? And who cares about trans kids killing themselves right? Keep those taxes low baby!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Unless I’m mistaken, you’re the first one to say that on this thread. Congrats. 

I mean it should go without saying if engaging in honest discourse, but clearly you’re deliberately obtuse

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Truly his intellect is dizzying

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Ok hadn’t seen that report. I said when it happened I thought it was dumb. 

I wonder how many posts criticizing Abbott’s recent border decisions you have relative to posts about the don’t say gay law? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They’ve let y’all call anyone you don’t agree with racist and a nazi for 5 years now. You’re actually surprised?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Now imagine the outrage if ideological evangelicals wanted to preach their views of the LGBTQ+ to K-3 classrooms. I’m certain the detractors in this thread would be cool with it?  

In a public school? You really think “god hates fags” should be taught in a public classroom of any grade level?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, fattyflattie said:

They’ve let y’all call anyone you don’t agree with racist and a nazi for 5 years now. You’re actually surprised?

Well yeah when you're defending chanting "Jews will not replace us" and sharing articles about how black people are more likely to fail out of school because they're black, your group is going to get called racist and nazi sympathizers. You know, the difference between actual objective reality that happened, vs some hypothetical that you can only support with anecdotes and rhetoric but no real data

I do want to pick a nit though, you're conflating being called a fascist with being called a nazi. There are loads more fascists than just nazis. Christian fascism is probably more your style, love of John Birch society and all that

Just now, Sawbonz said:

In a public school? You really think “god hates fags” should be taught in a public classroom of any grade level?

Of course not, separation and all. I said someone who’s personal beliefs are more in tune with there’s no such thing as chicks with dicks, only men with tits guiding the children.  There need not be any mention of god to warp someone’s beliefs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Of course not, separation and all. I said someone who’s personal beliefs are more in tune with there’s no such thing as chicks with dicks, only men with tits guiding the children.  There need not be any mention of god to warp someone’s beliefs. 

That makes no sense you want to clarify?

Vibes and Johnny,

No more deflecting, no more bullshit. I want answers directly from each of you on whether these examples are OK or not OK. Let's say in a 3rd grade classroom. 

1) "Hey teacher, why does Sally have two mommies?" " Well, Billy, some girls like boys, some girls like girls, and some like both. No matter what, they can still get married and have kids."

2) "Hey teacher, I really feel like I like girls even though I'm supposed to like boys. Is something wrong with me?" "No Jennifer, it's common for people to have feelings like that, sometimes just for a little bit, sometimes for their whole life."

3) Alright kids, we are gonna read Book X (that happens to have a relationship between same sex characters, without any explicit sex). 

No horseshit about grooming or Libs on Tik Tok or anything. Simply yes or no (with reasons if desired).  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TXSooner518 said:

Vibes and Johnny,

No more deflecting, no more bullshit. I want answers directly from each of you on whether these examples are OK or not OK. Let's say in a 3rd grade classroom. 

1) "Hey teacher, why does Sally have two mommies?" " Well, Billy, some girls like boys, some girls like girls, and some like both. No matter what, they can still get married and have kids."

2) "Hey teacher, I really feel like I like girls even though I'm supposed to like boys. Is something wrong with me?" "No Jennifer, it's common for people to have feelings like that, sometimes just for a little bit, sometimes for their whole life."

3) Alright kids, we are gonna read Book X (that happens to have a relationship between same sex characters, without any explicit sex). 

No horseshit about grooming or Libs on Tik Tok or anything. Simply yes or no (with reasons if desired).  

image.gif.f949c1fb596ef55f2b6e3e751eb5b4d8.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That makes no sense you want to clarify?

Easy. 

We can start with how one would explain that doctors take a “guess” at your biology when you are born, and the other can explain how science actually works. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Easy. 

We can start with how one would explain that doctors take a “guess” at your biology when you are born, and the other can explain how science actually works. 

hope this helps: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/232363

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/environmentalaccounts/articles/whatisthedifferencebetweensexandgender/2019-02-21#:~:text=8.-,Summary,woman%2C or another gender identity.

Edited by TXSooner518

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Cool. Write down natal sex on a note and send them home to their parents. Problem solved. 

And so you would propose the teacher inspect the child's genitals to determine natal sex?

Also the medical community largely agrees that sex <> gender, so you want everyone to oppose predominant medical information because it gives you bad feelies?

Edited by TXSooner518
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

And so you would propose the teacher inspect the child's genitals to determine natal sex?

That’s where your mind goes, and you wonder why there’s some accusations?  Come on sooner, get it together.  A teacher of 4-7 yo should easily be able to dodge that question, and let the parents explain should they feel it’s appropriate. 

4 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Also the medical community largely agrees that sex <> gender, so you want everyone to oppose predominant medical information because it gives you bad feelies?

Lol. Pretty sure the bad feelies stem from those that insist their pronouns are being misused. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I think he's done a fantastic job as governor of Florida and so do his constituents.

Plus Floridians avoided this guy:

spacer.png

It’s a shame he imploded. He would have been a much better governor than Desantis. It was awesome watching him clown Desantis in those debates.

• Hook 'Em 1

Have any of you ever talked to a Trans person? Asked them what their life was like as a child and teenager?

I remember watching a video of a family friend's trans son opening up a present on Christmas morning. This 5 year old girl asked for one thing from Santa that year - a men's suit and tie. Watching him hold up that drab, charcoal suit you'd have thought it was the most sought after toy of the season. BTW, this was before he announced he was trans. Family just thought she was a tomboy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

How much better the world would be if policies weren't based on pure ignorance and fear. By the way, gender identity typically develops in children between the ages of 3 and 5. So the hysterical shouting that depicts trans kids as having some fantastical delusion is flat wrong. 

Give this piece a read, I thought it was pretty well done...

In four years of medical school, three years of residency training, and nearly 30 years in practice as a family physician I have never been asked “what is the definition of a woman?”
Seems obvious that one could just look at the genitalia. You’re either a boy or a girl, right? Well, not always. Although it’s rare, many people are born with ambiguous genitalia. The OB/GYN and the pediatrician are simply unable to determine the sex. Historically, in consultation with the family, a sex would be assigned. Turns out that often as not the child would ultimately identify with the sex they were not assigned.
So it must be the chromosomes. The 23rd pair in humans is designated XX in females and XY in males. The Y chromosome determines male characteristics, so you are either a boy or a girl, right? Well, not always.
In embryology the default setting is female. The Y chromosome normally triggers male development. Ever heard of testicular feminization syndrome, now more properly referred to as androgen insensitivity syndrome? A normal XY baby is born with essentially normal female external genitalia. The body simply does not respond to androgens associated with the Y chromosome. As the child grows and enters puberty there will be normal female breast development and other feminine characteristics. Unless genetic testing has been done at some point, the abnormality is not discovered until the teenage daughter presents to the doctor with concerns that menstruation has not started. Examination will reveal that the vagina ends in a blind pouch, no uterus, and undescended testes. They are often very feminine - cheerleaders, beauty pageant contestants, etc.
Nearly everybody is a normal XX or XY, has anatomy to match, and is perfectly at peace with themselves. But not everybody. Several studies have identified how the sexual diversity between men and women does not exclusively involve the genitals, but also the development of different brain areas. And just as genitals can be ambiguous, or not match what XY would predict,so can the brain in some instances develop in a different direction than the genitals. Animal studies suggest this is likely due to atypical levels of sex hormones in the womb.
Studies in the human brain have involved an area of the limbic system known as the nucleus of the terminal stria. The volume of this area appears to be influenced by the stimulation of sex hormones during brain development, and in men the volume of this area is greater than in women. Scans of this area in transgender women (genetic/anatomic men who identify as females) resemble that of non transgender females. In this matter gender identity develops from the complex interactions between sex hormones and brain during its development; moreover, this appears to be genetically predetermined and is not influenced by hormonal stimuli during the adult phase.
Gender dysphoria often begins in childhood and can lead to severe distress, depression, and suicide. Treatment includes thorough psychological and medical evaluation and psychotherapy. Hormonal treatments in children are designed to delay puberty until decisions about appropriate gender characteristics can be made. The treatments are not permanent and are REVERSIBLE. Sex change (gender reassignment) operations are not done on children. (Rare exception might be in the case of ambiguous genitalia where surgery may be done to make genital appearance more consistent with the genetic sex).
Unfortunately there are many people who cannot or will not understand that someone different from themselves might really be different for a real reason. I recently watched a video of a Fox News personality guffawing, in an arrogant and grotesque display of not knowing what one does not know, about how "woke liberals" were looking into the science of what makes someone a man or a woman. I hope the information provided here explains why that question is not quite as simple as it sounds.
It is also unfortunate in Texas that people with political power seem to think that trans people just want to get on the girls' track team
to win a lot of medals or get in the girls' rest room to watch them pee. Governor Abbott, Lt Gov Patrick, and AG Paxton have shown profound ignorance and cruelty in decreeing treatment for these kids to be child abuse. Even right wing columnist Mona Charen called Abbott's behavior "malice masquerading as policy making". It is really no different than lunchroom bullies knocking the food tray out of the little autistic kid's hand and having a big laugh over it. And the American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Family Physicians, AMA, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the Endocrine Society have expressed outrage.
I would hope that someone will share this with a conservative friend. For most of us it seems ridiculous that a guy would think he is a woman, or a woman to think she is a man. The human brain and human body are complex and wondrous and get it right almost every time, but sometimes they get it different. And different should not be wrong, and different people and their families should not be attacked by their own government.
- Joe McCreight, MD
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s where your mind goes, and you wonder why there’s some accusations?  Come on sooner, get it together.  A teacher of 4-7 yo should easily be able to dodge that question, and let the parents explain should they feel it’s appropriate. 

Lol. Pretty sure the bad feelies stem from those that insist their pronouns are being misused. 

You are the one that insisted the teacher write down natal sex, which is determined by inspecting genitalia. Stop the fucking deflecting. And in fact conservatives did push a bill that would require genital inspection of children before they could participate in sports.

Yeah, people being intentionally disrespected usually feel bad, especially when it's done by dipshits who think they know better than doctors. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Libs of TikTok is focused primarily on conservative ideas and anti-LGBT rhetoric. The account has targeted schools and teachers, referring to schools as "government run indoctrination camps" for the LGBT community and encouraged followers to contact schools that allowed transgender students to use the bathroom of their identified gender.[2][4]

Libs of TikTok has also claimed that adults teaching children about LGBT identities is "abusive", argued that any teacher who comes out as gay to their students should be "fired on the spot", and falsely claimed that schools were putting litter boxes in bathrooms for students that identified as cats. The account has called members of the LGBT community "literally evil", claimed that being gender non-conforming or being an ally of the LGBT community is a "mental illness", and deliberately misgendered transgender people. It has accused the LGBT community of "grooming kids,"[2][4] including Chasten Buttigieg and The Trevor Project organization in since-deleted tweets.[5][6]

Several teachers have been fired or removed as a result of posts from Libs of TikTok.[1][20] One former English teacher said that they had been harassed and sent death threats before eventually being fired after a video they posted about supporting LGBT youth was reposted by Libs of TikTok.[1][21] On a conservative podcast, Raichik said that "It's not easy to be the one responsible for that, for someone losing their job. On the other hand, I mean these people, some of them are literally evil, and they are grooming kids."[15]

Libs of TikTok was temporarily suspended twice for targeted harassment.[10] On April 13, 2022, Libs of TikTok was suspended (for 12 hours) from Twitter for "hateful conduct."[11] Hours after being reinstated, the account was suspended a second time for another 12 hours. In response to the suspensions, Raichik said that "The good news is that I'm doing something right and making a difference

• Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Easy. 

You think changes to education policy via legislation needs to be made because of one anecdote from Tik Tok shows a teacher telling their class that?

8 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

You are the one that insisted the teacher write down natal sex, which is determined by inspecting genitalia. Stop the fucking deflecting. And in fact conservatives did push a bill that would require genital inspection of children before they could participate in sports.

Now that is fucking creepy