Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

7 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

So the right wing thinks that K-3 is just too young to be indoctrinated into the idea that gay people exist and being exposed to those ideas "grooms" kids to be gay. Why no focus on indoctrination into something that is actually, ya know, a fucking decision instead of the way you were born?  Shouldn't there be a "don't say God" bill?  After all, why should kids moldable minds be exposed to these concepts?  No more Christmas parties or Easter events, no books allowed that say God or Jesus or feature pastors or priests (speaking of grooming). Why is it OK to plant seeds in a kindergartener's head about religion, which is a choice, and not sexuality, which is not?

Currently in Florida, a kindergarten teacher can legally describe explicitly the murders of the Holocaust and state that the actions were justified because Jews are less than human, but not "Sally has two moms because sometimes girls like other girls." Why exactly are there all these bills to stop discussion of CRT and gender, but none aimed at stopping endorsements of white supremacy, Nazism, or advocacy of the Big Lie that the election was stolen?

Teachers should not be discussing gender identity or sexual preferences as part of their classroom instruction to 5 year olds.  They should not be telling them doctors "guess" their sex at birth. It's insane some Democrats think otherwise.

Keep doing it though.  I love that insane white liberal freaks are pushing more people of color to the GOP.

Edited by Johnny Sack

7 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

How is Libs of TiKTok disinformation?

It's the tool disinformation media uses to spread hate and hysteria. Your favorite "news" outlets out front shoulda told ya.

I once heard Limbaugh go from condemn a group who put spikes in trees that could seriously hurt lumberjacks as terrorists (arguably true) and environmental wackos (his first elevation to the general). His next leap up was environmental groups of all kinds which, of course, means the Democrat Party. Conclusion: the evil liberalism of the Dem party manifests itself in a terroristic attempt to deter deforestation.

It was a clear lesson in an absurdity happily lapped up by his audience to feed their hate jones. The opinions expressed above that are based on FOX based on a TikTok account set up to vilify persons who take low pay to teach little children are the proof that a huge number of degenerates have embraced specious reasoning.

The rise of the fuckwad.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So her other handles have disinformation.

Libs of TikTok is just posting Libs' own public TikToks.  How is that -- not her other accounts -- disinformation?

(Narrator -- it isn't)

Propaganda by omission is an extremely successful technique, especially when you have an audience that isn't great at critical thinking.

What libsoftiktok is doing is cherrypicking the most upsetting videos, posting them without context, and centralizing that outrage to be broadcast by fox and OANN and the qanon internet. It's an outrage engine that's been developed over several accounts, by a person who is not trustworthy. She's been one of the originators of the "gays are groomers" axiom that conservatives and fundagellicals have been pushing. It's a distorted and dishonest representation of reality.

Her actions are leading to school officials receiving death threats, parents and children literally being run out of town, and is distorting the local discourse to a point where teachers are getting threatening emails from random people saying they'll "kill all the marxists" because of a "transgender agenda".

The amplification of something tiny into a wedge issue that eats all the oxygen for other issues is absolutely disinformation and propaganda. It is not an honest depiction of reality. It is manufactured and engineered to get your hate going at maximum chooch so that you don't stop to consider if you're mad about something that actually exists.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes. Victoria is exactly where I’d like to blow 10k on princess costumes and rides.   Were  the cotton fields of Tivoli too pricy for them? 

goto Moo-Moo’s on Tuesday for 1/2 price gizzards, save you two bucks. Get the root beer 

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Now imagine the outrage if ideological evangelicals wanted to preach their views of the LGBTQ+ to K-3 classrooms. I’m certain the detractors in this thread would be cool with it?  

And, on cue, specious reasoning presented as an obvious argument. 

Equating evangelism to possible discussions of sexual identification is inapt. Evangelism is indeed grooming, and it's entire existence is based on grooming and winning over people to the cult in question.

You reveal how you see the fictional problem of teachers instructing four year olds to become gay as the same as evangilism. They're not the same.

Further, church and state are to remain separate. It's a detail in the document that insists we all have guns to prevent tyranny and stop bad guys with guns. A physical/sexual category cannot be separated from a person. It will necessarily be present in school. 

Nobody I know of is pushing for sex education for the young. It's unclear what "instruction" means in the context of this new law; proponents want to say it's in the lesson plan which is absurd. If a question arises about this in a classroom, is a teacher who even addresses that question "instructing?" Is an answer like, "there are different types of people. All should be tolerated," outlawed instruction?

Well, let's let a bunch of Trumper yokels make the decision then take the teacher and school to court.

The tyranny of Idiot World.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Propaganda by omission is an extremely successful technique, especially when you have an audience that isn't great at critical thinking.

What libsoftiktok is doing is cherrypicking the most upsetting videos, posting them without context, and centralizing that outrage to be broadcast by fox and OANN and the qanon internet. It's an outrage engine that's been developed over several accounts, by a person who is not trustworthy. She's been one of the originators of the "gays are groomers" axiom that conservatives and fundagellicals have been pushing. It's a distorted and dishonest representation of reality.

Her actions are leading to school officials receiving death threats, parents and children literally being run out of town, and is distorting the local discourse to a point where teachers are getting threatening emails from random people saying they'll "kill all the marxists" because of a "transgender agenda".

The amplification of something tiny into a wedge issue that eats all the oxygen for other issues is absolutely disinformation and propaganda. It is not an honest depiction of reality. It is manufactured and engineered to get your hate going at maximum chooch so that you don't stop to consider if you're mad about something that actually exists.

Exactly. It would be the same as if I started a "Trumpkins of TikTok" account and just had videos of backwater rednecks dropping the N word (and hey if some of those are actors playing it up, so what, it's representative amirite???).  Or "Evangelicals of TikTok" and it's just videos of priests getting sentenced for molestation (though those are tough to find, since the church so readily and frequently covers it up, but I bet we can make it work.)

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Kind of like this?

Capture.JPG

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Exactly. It would be the same as if I started a "Trumpkins of TikTok" account and just had videos of backwater rednecks dropping the N word (and hey if some of those are actors playing it up, so what, it's representative amirite???).  Or "Evangelicals of TikTok" and it's just videos of priests getting sentenced for molestation (though those are tough to find, since the church so readily and frequently covers it up, but I bet we can make it work.)

Except imagine a world where whenever DeSantis or Abbott is asked about it, they say “hell yeah I like the N word!” Or “I support priests that molest kids. In fact we need more contact between molesting priests and our children.”

Edited by Immaculate Vibes
  • Fuck You 6

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

goto Moo-Moo’s on Tuesday for 1/2 price gizzards, save you two bucks. Get the root beer 

Man there’s a great burger joint down there that’s escaping me right now. I was being snide, I don’t have anything against Victoria.  Just funny, and I could see it spreading around. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Man there’s a great burger joint down there that’s escaping me right now. I was being snide, I don’t have anything against Victoria.  Just funny, and I could see it spreading around. 

dairy treet, great burger. Try the steak burger or steak strips. Get the ice cream

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Kind of like this?

Capture.JPG

Yes sack, exactly. A single unattributed or sourced chart of bad data science and bad data visualization is fully equivalent to a years-long, multi-account disinformation operation in coordination with right wing media that's motivating death threats and families getting chased out of their homes. It would take a true mental giant to pull apart the microscopic differences between the two

A very astute #bothsides, I have been owned.

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Except imagine a world where whenever DeSantis or Abbott is asked about it, they say “hell yeah I like the N word!” Or “I support priests that molest kids. In fact we need more contact between molesting priests and our children.”

Are you arguing that all gay teachers, and teachers who acknowledge that gay people exist, are supportive of child molestation? Because that sure seems like the equivalency you're drawing here.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You mean like when DeSantis said it should be illegal to tell a kindergartener they can be anything they want to be? Or where DeSantis spreads vaccine misinformation resulting in Floridians deaths? Or when Trump calls Mexicans criminals and rapists?  And by definition, all of the establishment peopel that cover for the church and support their tax-exempt status are absolutely supporting the massive tradition of grooming and sexual abuse that is rampant there.  

Democrats are not advocating that children be "groomed" into being gay, largely because they understand that's not a fucking thing. Democrats are not advocating for sexual education or instruction to K-3 kids. This is an insane logical fallacy where a group of hateful mouthbreathers has established in their feeble brains a truth that "Discussing that gay people exist or supporting tolerance for gay people or reading a book with a gay person in it is sexual education.  Democrats support those things. Thus, Democrats suport sexual education to K-3 kids."  It's an embarassing, small-minded, ignorant lie screaming into the howling wind of history, just like those who stood up against interracial marriage, etc., and are now on the shitheap of history.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Are you arguing that all gay teachers, and teachers who acknowledge that gay people exist, are supportive of child molestation? Because that sure seems like the equivalency you're drawing here.

No. txSooner was imagining a world where a lefty had a site that compiled cringe videos that would put Rs in a bad light. That could certainly be spun up.

The difference is if that were to happen prominent people on the right would disavow that content. We currently have literally every public figure on the left and every poster here supporting the people on those videos. That’s what you’re missing. 

• Fuck You 8

"Sure, she has a long and sorted history of knowingly spreading obvious and dangerous disinformation, but this time is different because she's only sharing others' videos! Out of context, not necessarily indicative of the poster, completely non-authenticated videos!"

God, I envy the convenience and simplicity of the world you guys live in. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

"Sure, she has a long and sorted history of knowingly spreading obvious and dangerous disinformation, but this time is different because she's only sharing others' videos! Out of context, not necessarily indicative of the poster, completely non-authenticated videos!"

God, I envy the convenience and simplicity of the world you guys live in. 

but remember like @immamac says, we can't make a rule against being really, really stupid. We just get to enjoy the reasoned and insightful discourse and must take them seriously.

22 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

No. txSooner was imagining a world where a lefty had a site that compiled cringe videos that would put Rs in a bad light. That could certainly be spun up.

The difference is if that were to happen prominent people on the right would disavow that content. We currently have literally every public figure on the left and every poster here supporting the people on those videos. That’s what you’re missing. 

Prominent people on the right are currently supporting anti-vaccine disinformation and supporting false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, at significant harm to our fucking democracy, so spare me that they would oppose anything. Trump "both sides have good people" when one was fucking white supremacists for one easy-ass example. And again you just fucking LIE AND FUCKING LIE about what public figures on the left and posters here support.  STOP FUCKING LYING.  

Edited by TXSooner518
  • Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Negged for placing the lie of pederasty proponents as an oppositive in your idiotic comparison.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

So the right wing thinks that K-3 is just too young to be indoctrinated into the idea that gay people exist and being exposed to those ideas "grooms" kids to be gay. Why no focus on indoctrination into something that is actually, ya know, a fucking decision instead of the way you were born?  Shouldn't there be a "don't say God" bill?  After all, why should kids moldable minds be exposed to these concepts?  No more Christmas parties or Easter events, no books allowed that say God or Jesus or feature pastors or priests (speaking of grooming). Why is it OK to plant seeds in a kindergartener's head about religion, which is a choice, and not sexuality, which is not?

Currently in Florida, a kindergarten teacher can legally describe explicitly the murders of the Holocaust and state that the actions were justified because Jews are less than human, but not "Sally has two moms because sometimes girls like other girls." Why exactly are there all these bills to stop discussion of CRT and gender, but none aimed at stopping endorsements of white supremacy, Nazism, or advocacy of the Big Lie that the election was stolen?

If the kids get indoctrinated in K-3 why can't the parent just pray the gay away? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Prominent people on the right are currently supporting anti-vaccine disinformation and supporting false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, at significant harm to our fucking democracy, so spare me that they would oppose anything. Trump "both sides have good people" when one was fucking white supremacists for one easy-ass example. And again you just fucking LIE AND FUCKING LIE about what public figures on the left and posters here support.  STOP FUCKING LYING.  

There’s a few idiots for sure that support the things you’re saying. 

The condemnation of the Florida bill is almost unanimous on the left. One guy that’s running for governor in New York said he didn’t think there was anything wrong with it. That’s all I’m aware of. I’ve also yet to see a left poster on this thread act like this is anything other than a travesty. Maybe I’ve missed it. Or maybe they’re just not posting their opinions. Same thing goes for weirdo Libs of TikTok. Oh they’re just reading some fun books to Kindergartners. Like Sparkle Boy. 

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The condemnation of the Florida bill is almost unanimous on the left. One guy that’s running for governor in New York said he didn’t think there was anything wrong with it. That’s all I’m aware of. I’ve also yet to see a left poster on this thread act like this is anything other than a travesty. Maybe I’ve missed it. Or maybe they’re just not posting their opinions. Same thing goes for weirdo Libs of TikTok. Oh they’re just reading some fun books to Kindergartners. Like Sparkle Boy. 

The lie you keep making is that condemnation of the bill = support for those specific teachers. I personally think at least in some cases they go too far. Importantly, I don't think they go too far because they are trying to groom children, but because they are young and still learning the best way to communicate while forming their own beliefs. Attributing malice to these teachers is despicable.

In addition to that, the bill itself does nothing but create a more hostile environment for teachers. I think the bill is awful not because I want those specific teachers saying those specific things, but because it simply leads to additional harassment.

• Hook 'Em 6

Precisely, as well as placing school districts and teachers at risk of liability/termination/etc., at the whims of any random dildo who wants to push back on things like the things listed under OBV OK in my earlier post. The idiotic way it was written makes tons of perfectly fine conduct technically illegal, and trusting hateful morons to not abuse that fact is not gonna cut it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Are you saying there are "a few idiots for sure" that support things like vaccine misinformation, the Big Lie, etc.?  That's part and parcel of the Republicans today and if you are Adam Kinzinger or Liz Cheney you literally get exiled for not going along. 

As for the rest, Serak explained exactly the issue. For example, the Jen Psaki clip linked above is completely harmless. But the scam that works so well on the ignorant masses on one side is to pair that clip with some video from LoTT, and act like Psaki is endorsing the video, which is a blatant fucking lie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Are you saying there are "a few idiots for sure" that support things like vaccine misinformation, the Big Lie, etc.?  That's part and parcel of the Republicans today and if you are Adam Kinzinger or Liz Cheney you literally get exiled for not going along. 

that's exactly what he's saying

We need to stop debating shit like this and just start making fun of the morons.  It is the only thing they understand. 

Logic and reason have no place in their world anymore.  They follow Q (I think it's Putin), a guy that thinks memorizing 5 words makes him a savant,  and a pillow salesman with a brain worm.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

11 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

We need to stop debating shit like this and just start making fun of the morons.  It is the only thing they understand. 

Logic and reason have no place in their world anymore.  They follow Q (I think it's Putin), a guy that thinks memorizing 5 words makes him a savant,  and a pillow salesman with a brain worm.

Glenn Youngkin agrees with you.  

39 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

You can’t reason with the unreasonable. They speak a different language. Stop trying. Ignore the trolls. Stop wasting your time. How many years have to go by before you learn?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Fighting to teach kindergarteners that their gender is guessed at birth is reasonable.  You people are crazy.  

Like you lie about prominent Democratic Party leaders being avowed socialists, you are lying that people are fighting for kindergarteners to be taught that gender is guess at birth. Outcome is not a cause, or do you agree with every outcome of every bill that you've ever supported?

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

Just like immigration and border issues.  All for flash and pop.  

You spend much time in south Texas the last few decades?  I have.  On my way to Dilley right now.  It’s never been anywhere close to what I’ve seen. You guys are in for a rude awakening in November.  

Why are y’all still debating a troll who deliberately mischaracterizes the argument? It’s intentional on his part. He has no interest in a good faith discussion. Look it’s easy. Let’s take some issue like abortion 

“I will never understand why Johnny Sack fights so hard to protect people who rape family members to have incest babies. I, for one, am against incest and rape, but Johnny Sack and the GOP want to pass laws and change constitutional precedent to support those acts”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1