Dallas Stars 2020-2021 season thread

Longboard Horn

On 3/9/2021 at 9:42 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Not sure I’ve seen a goalie be this awful & not get pulled. 

That boggled my mind. They kept him out there to get slaughtered. Oh well, it helped us out so no complains here. You know you're a trash goalie if you're the back up to Malcolm Subban. He couldn't locate the puck half of the time and had no in crease awareness.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Green helmets and possibly also green gloves would really help these unis. This is just too much white.

Yeah, it's different, but not necessarily in a good way. My kid & I were at the game. It was much harder than normal to tell who was who. Really hard to read the names.

On 3/16/2021 at 11:16 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Otter getting the nod against the bolts again tonight. Not sure how I feel about it. Wondering if Dobby is nursing an issue or whether he is on the shelf after letting in 50% of the shots he faced in his last outing

Yeah, not sure how I feel about it either. Some talk in the press that the kid is playing better than Dobby, but I don't really see that, overall. The first goal last night looked very stoppable imho, too.

Stars salvaged a point after playing like dogshit most of the game. I guess there's that.

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yeah, not sure how I feel about it either. Some talk in the press that the kid is playing better than Dobby, but I don't really see that, overall. The first goal last night looked very stoppable imho, too.

Stars salvaged a point after playing like dogshit most of the game. I guess there's that.

actually, they outplayed and outscored the Bolts after the first period - which was really their only bad period. I mean, the Lightning are good. It's not a shame to lose in the SO. The extra point would have been nice, but I'll take it and hope we can not only mop up the teams behind us, but start leap-frogging the likes of the Jackets and Hawks.

Yeah, it's different, but not necessarily in a good way. My kid & I were at the game. It was much harder than normal to tell who was who. Really hard to read the names.
I could feel my eyes straining every now and then watching the game via stream. I really hate those fucking unis, missed opportunity.

well, y'all can stop bitching about them soon because I think we only wear them once more

so, what we doing at the trade deadline? are we buyers? sellers? I can't see Nill staying pat this season. I think what we'll see is some kind of trade that gives us a boost this season, but then doesn't leave us vulnerable in the expansion draft. Maybe ship a few young guys for a top-6 forward and then protect them. I dunno, I don't envy Nill here. Of course, if I were getting his salary I'd be willing to take these problems on.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, Fudbelty said:

Green helmets and possibly also green gloves would really help these unis. This is just too much white.

Green helmets would help. I'm on record as really not liking our current uniforms, home or away. I like the away white sweater better for whatever reason. Something about the home Victory Green doesn't sit well with me. I don't really like the logo and I miss the tinge of gold/yellow that we've had forever. I prefer the chest logo on the icy whites compared to current one.

Anyway, many of you have probably seen this chart. Meant to post it yesterday but shit was borked. The Athletic still projects the Stars will snag the #4 playoff spot, probably based on a bunch of games remaining with Detroit.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.29.00 AM.png