Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

20 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

He’s not alone. That is the Cliff Notes of the Eyes of Texas thread. 

@Apex73 led a big charge on that thread saying that black people are weak for getting offended by words, he had a lot of support.

Wrong.  I said you can only get offended by words if you allow it.  Words matter less than almost anything on the planet.  I said that not all black people think the same way about this as you, which is also true.  Can see you still haven't let this go so words obviously matter to you.  I just think it's silly and trivial.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Didn't realize TCU was chickening out on SMU this year and playing Tenn Tech as their +1.  That's weak.

You do realize that B12 has required non-conference games to be at home, right?  The TCU-SMU game was scheduled for the high school stadium in Dallas. SMU is the one that won’t come to FW. 
That’s like saying UT chickened out of playing LSU. 

4 minutes ago, nnm said:

The TCU-SMU game was scheduled for the high school stadium in Dallas. SMU is the one that won’t come to FW. 

No.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2020/08/05/smu-and-tcu-wont-play-for-the-iron-skillet-in-2020-but-it-wasnt-for-a-lack-of-trying-on-smus-end/%3foutputType=amp

TCU apparently couldn't back out of a contractual commitment to play an FCS program. i.e. it was a legal/money issue that they didn't feel like trying to work around for the sake of the rivalry. 

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2020/08/05/smu-and-tcu-wont-play-for-the-iron-skillet-in-2020-but-it-wasnt-for-a-lack-of-trying-on-smus-end/%3foutputType=amp

TCU apparently couldn't back out of a contractual commitment to play an FCS program. i.e. it was a legal/money issue that they didn't feel like trying to work around for the sake of the rivalry. 

Interesting.  I hadn't seen that.  Thanks.  

Many hard core TCU fans hate the SMU game and wish it went away permanently.  But the administration , big cigars, and GP love it.  

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

Interesting.  I hadn't seen that.  Thanks.  

Many hard core TCU fans hate the SMU game and wish it went away permanently.  But the administration , big cigars, and GP love it.  

I can understand why. It's a win/win for SMU. When we lose, we don't really care. When we win, TCU cares a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, nnm said:

You do realize that B12 has required non-conference games to be at home, right?  The TCU-SMU game was scheduled for the high school stadium in Dallas. SMU is the one that won’t come to FW. 

LOL.  As has been posted, that is false.  Its 100% because TCU saw an opportunity to get out of playing an SMU team that is supposed to be its best in years.

Fake news.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244741902.html

SMU offered to go to FW this year after the Big12 made their schedule adjustment. We’re not afraid to thump that ass again in Fort Worthless.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Told my mom something similar(she's a TCU grad) and her response was something along the lines of, "SMU isn't worth our non-conference game."

So they decided to schedule Tennessee Tech instead. Makes sense though. Not worth it to lose your only non conference game on your home turf again when wins will be hard to come by for the remainder of the schedule.

1 minute ago, CenTXpony said:

So they decided to schedule Tennessee Tech instead. Makes sense though. Not worth it to lose your only non conference game on your home turf again when wins will be hard to come by for the remainder of the schedule.

No, more like they’d rather not pay out 1+MM to Tennessee Tech for cancelling that warmup game, for the privilege of playing little brother. Since the death penalty, SMU is to TCU as aggy is to UT. They have one good season last year, including a meaningless bowl blowout loss, and you’d think they were ‘Bama. 

6 minutes ago, CenTXpony said:

I honestly believe they scheduled Tennessee Tech because they're an FCS school whose athletic department needs the money to be a sacrificial lamb. 

TCU honestly is showing their ass by not playing SMU. Patterson fears losing to Shane again. Of course I'm joking. I tell that to my TCU coworkers and my mom only to mess with them. 

I know the reality of the two programs. I’m gonna milk the opportunity while I can at TCU’s expense.

No, more like they’d rather not pay out 1+MM to Tennessee Tech for cancelling that warmup game, for the privilege of playing little brother. Since the death penalty, SMU is to TCU as aggy is to UT. They have one good season last year, including a meaningless bowl blowout loss, and you’d think they were ‘Bama. 

Nah we’re just gonna talk our shit while we can.

52 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

TCU honestly is showing their ass by not playing SMU. Patterson fears losing to Shane again. Of course I'm joking. I tell that to my TCU coworkers and my mom only to mess with them. 

21 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Didn't realize TCU was chickening out on SMU this year and playing Tenn Tech as their +1.  That's weak.

TCU is not chickening out or "showing their ass" by not playing SMU and Patterson does not fear losing to them again either. 

8 hours ago, CenTXpony said:

Fake news.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244741902.html

SMU offered to go to FW this year after the Big12 made their schedule adjustment. We’re not afraid to thump that ass again in Fort Worthless.

Patterson is known for revenge games so he probably has this one circled/highlighted for next season.

19 hours ago, nnm said:

I can't speak for our fan base, but I do know a few of my friends and other alumni wish we didn't play SMU anymore. I personally don't mind playing them as long as they're never in the same conference with us ever again. Also, the game doesn't bother me since they rarely ever beat us. The last three wins against our kids came in 2005, 2011 and 2019. 

14 minutes ago, CenTXpony said:

Hahaha! Tell his VC TCU dad Don Whelan to lock his liquor cabinet and maybe ground his kid from the internet for a bit!

4c470db0750a01663ffa6287ad5f6766.jpg

Poor bastard has no clue his kid is slingin his name all over the internet!

Holy shit... kind of want to email him a screencap from insta.

I mean, I'm not that petty but some people are. 

Nah. I've posted too much shit myself on the internet that I wish I could have taken back. He's young and cocky about his team and has already made himself look like enough of an ass. 

I’m bored enough to @ one of the other chancellors telling her to get her coworkers drunk 12 year old off the internet and put him in timeout. I’m sure VC Don will love finding out about it from a coworker.

Welcome to the internet junior.

10 hours ago, CenTXpony said:

75b00c31982c0dcbb98ab6ea4bcfee35.jpg

Damn kiddo. Not only did SMU beat your team recently but they also got you grounded.

Ouch. And now it lives forever on the internet. Poor kid’s gonna hear about this for a long, long time. 

• Like 1