Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

5 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I wonder what the “other circumstances” are? 

Last minute opt outs.

Seems pretty clear Patterson wasn't much into playing without a full roster this season.  How they handled the SMU situation was embarrassing.  And this game wasn't subject to big 12 protocols, but it was clear from the AD statement that they used it as a reason not to play.

22 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Last minute opt outs.  Seems pretty clear Patterson wasn't much into playing without a full roster this season.  How they handled the SMU situation was embarrassing.  And this game wasn't subject to big 12 protocols, but it was clear from the AD statement that they used it as a reason not to play.

Yeah losing to arky right before going after a bunch of 2021 transfers would really hurt Fatterson...

Crazy how terrible Gary's teams have been lately -- wouldn't keep his job at a lot of P5 Programs...

2016 TCU 6–7 4–5 5th L Liberty    
2017 TCU 11–3 7–2 2nd W Alamo 9 9
2018 TCU 7–6 4–5 T–5th W Cheez-It    
2019 TCU 5–7 3–6 T–7th      
2020 TCU 6–4 5–4 6th Texas

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Don't think this was a matter of who TCU was going to play as one person suggested, but definitely the circumstances.  Do think you had a team that really didn't want to be in a bowl game,  Gary lost 2-3 key defensive players who opted out, and they are using the smokescreen of Covid.  Not the first time nor will it be the last as Gary is locked in until his contract expires which is what happens in these type of situations.  

This is why anytime I have ever heard his name mentioned on this board for any job especially the Texas job I just laughed because he isn't fucking going anywhere until this contract is done.  Hell, he hasn't even addressed anyone about this that I can find, but the boy AD did and so did Gary's wife.  

10 hours ago, PGFrog said:

Don't think this was a matter of who TCU was going to play as one person suggested, but definitely the circumstances.  Do think you had a team that really didn't want to be in a bowl game,  Gary lost 2-3 key defensive players who opted out, and they are using the smokescreen of Covid.  Not the first time nor will it be the last as Gary is locked in until his contract expires which is what happens in these type of situations.  

This is why anytime I have ever heard his name mentioned on this board for any job especially the Texas job I just laughed because he isn't fucking going anywhere until this contract is done.  Hell, he hasn't even addressed anyone about this that I can find, but the boy AD did and so did Gary's wife.  

That's a problem.   Fatterson avoiding playing smu and arky is a terrible look -- using COVID-19 excuse to not play when tcu had enough eligible players and should have played is a pussy move. 

Fat Fuck's record for last 5 years is not good...

2019 TCU 5–7 3–6 T–7th      

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

That's a problem.   Fatterson avoiding playing smu and arky is a terrible look -- using COVID-19 excuse to not play when tcu had enough eligible players and should have played is a pussy move. 

Fat Fuck's record for last 5 years is not good...

2019 TCU 5–7 3–6 T–7th      

Only thing I disagree with is that TCU didn't finish 6th this year in the Big 12, but 5th which is basically getting the right shade of lipstick on a pig. Things aren't going to change in Ft Worth until Gary is gone and that won't be until this contract expires.  He is 22 wins shy of 200 which is possible over the next three seasons.

Do find it interesting you feel the need to call him Fatterson and Fat Fuck.  If he does retire after the 2024 season the worst he can end up with a career record against Texas is 6-6 so that isn't too bad for a Fat Fuck, but if it makes you feel better type away.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, PGFrog said:

Do find it interesting you feel the need to call him Fatterson and Fat Fuck.  If he does retire after the 2024 season the worst he can end up with a career record against Texas is 6-6 so that isn't too bad for a Fat Fuck, but if it makes you feel better type away.  

giphy.gif

On 12/31/2020 at 10:36 AM, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

nope,  just find it funny when people make such comments and actually gary is 7-3 versus texas lifetime and will be one of a few hc's with a winning record against texas

still a schmuck though for pulling out of the bowl game and i think is going to take the easy way out in replacing cumbie instead of bringing in someone who can truly take over the offense, but nothing will change until he retires in 3 years

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, tx ind said:

Trevon was a great player for the Frogs and he will very much be missed next year, but there is no way in hell he is better than Surtain.  That won't stop TCU sports info and Gary from using this for 10 years as they have and do use the Rose Bowl win.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I am a wait and see guy on transfers and the Frogs have had far too many come in and not do jack shit, but he has started at offensive tackle somewhere in college football which is something he has over most of their tackle options.  If Storment returns and Eze is legit that gives them two decent offensive tackles and allows them to slide Avila back inside.  You do that and you focus the offense around all those young backs and not the fucking bubble screens and fly sweeps in the Meacham offense and maybe it can be a decent start for an offense. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://footballscoop.com/news/gary-patterson-sets-tcu-offensive-staff-for-2021-season/

Reviewed tcu coaching staff last night. TCU will return Jerry Kill as special assistant to the head coach — Gary Patterson dubbed him “head coach of the offense”.  Looks like everyone else returns besides Cumbie and as TARS post shows they've moved Kenny Hill to an on-the-field postion.

Guess  "The Trill is Not Gone" 

raw

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

https://twitter.com/jclarkhfb247/status/1358789021535588352?s=21

I think this will be someone to look for. Sark recently offered his teammate, Zach Evans and together they led  Rockwall-Heath to the regional finals for 6A this year with the most high powered offense in the state. He isn’t very tall but has legit 4.4 speed. 

Edited by TenCarryTom

On 2/4/2021 at 11:00 AM, ztejas said:

It was the off the field character building that really sold it for them. 

Kenny is one of Gary's guys and Gary doesn't like coaches with new ideas.  Apparently Kenny was big in recruiting the kid out of Naperville and he gets along with the offensive staff.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hang a 💯 on 'em SARK  🤘

What a bunch of losers. Historically you have the shittiest basketball program in the B12 and it isn't really that close. You haven't won a tournament game since 1987. Last year you had a guy drafted for the first time since 1999. Go measure dicks with aggy since that's apparently what you aim for. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hang a 💯 on 'em SARK  🤘

Wow.... that's very aggy of them......

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

What a bunch of losers. Historically you have the shittiest basketball program in the B12 and it isn't really that close. You haven't won a tournament game since 1987. Last year you had a guy drafted for the first time since 1999. Go measure dicks with aggy since that's apparently what you aim for. 

TCU = cowtown aggy

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed but ACU has always been considered TCU lil bro. I have no issue with their nod. Conference pride is goofy anyway. 

And the Morris non-release is bush league. Totally bush league. 

Why would a Church of Christ school be considered the "little bro" of a Disciple of Christ school?  TCU isn't nearly as close to be a "Church" school as ACU.  

• Like 3