2021 Reese's Senior Bowl - Featuring Sam Ehlinger and Ta'Quon Graham

immamac

8 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My main point is there should probably be a 16 team playoff where literally every division one conference champ gets a spot in the playoff and then have like 5 at large teams. We can do this all day, or just agree to disagree. But yes, ND should’ve gotten in over aggy in the current 4 team playoff system that we have. But if you run through your schedule and lose one game, common sense would say you should probably have a chance at playing in your sports postseason. We just don’t have enough spots

Agree on expansion.  Eight is great. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Agree on expansion.  Eight is great. 

8 is fine. Just put P5 in one division and non P5 in a completely different division all together, and make it to where the two teams don’t even play each other. And if they do play, make it where it just doesn’t count like when the SEC plays their one cupcake game.

edit: sorry for detailing the shit out of this thread. Let’s get back to how Sam all but guaranteed that he isn’t getting drafted. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Haha 1

I think the notion that Sam, or any other participant in the exhibition game hurt or improved their stock, is ridiculous.

An exhibition game with a week of practice?  GTFOH

Scouts know what these guys can/can't do.

I don't think Sam is an NFL QB, but his performance in this game will have little to do with him being drafted or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Tylerocks said:

I think the notion that Sam, or any other participant in the exhibition game hurt or improved their stock, is ridiculous.

An exhibition game with a week of practice?  GTFOH

Scouts know what these guys can/can't do.

I don't think Sam is an NFL QB, but his performance in this game will have little to do with him being drafted or not.

Senior bowl practice week has always been important for draft stock. You can’t necessarily hurt it that much I guess, but you can definitely raise your stock tremendously. We’ve seen it happen on numerous occasions. The game itself isn’t important though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Maybe not here but a lot of Texas fans thought he was a second rounder at worst

2nd round in what?  No one could have that been delusional, I think.

Great representative of the school.  Good college QB.   Should now begin focusing on things outside of (playing) football.   Nothing wrong with that.  It's just the reality. 

Edited by Wally Pryor

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

8 is the best number:

5 power 5 conference champions

1 highest ranked g5 team

2 at large bids

So this year would have been:

1 Bama vs 8 Cincinnati 

2 Clemson vs 7 Florida

3 Ohio State vs 6 Oklahoma

4 Notre Dame vs 5 Texas A&M

Pretty bummed out that Okie and aggy didn't get in

Sam isn't getting drafted, and this is actually for the best when it comes to the later rounds. As long as he makes a team he can linger around and make some cash.

College football is apples to oranges. Nfl, high school, pop Warner, literally ever other level. If you win your division or conference you earn a spot in the playoff. That’s usually the point of divisions and conferences. But again, to each their own. I understand why some like college football more. 
College football is significantly better. There are negatives from this playoff system. Expansion won't solve that.

Many of these systems are flawed. Teams with losing records hosting an NFL playoff game? A joke. 2-8 and 3-7 teams make the high school playoffs? A joke. The Saints had to beat the Bucs 3 times this year to advance.

Home games in college football playoffs are a significant advantage. Those are often decided on some biased rankings system.

Texas high school playoffs are jacked.

Nothing perfect. The NFL works better because fewer teams and more games. Lower level colleges work because few care.

11 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

College football is significantly better. There are negatives from this playoff system. Expansion won't solve that.

Many of these systems are flawed. Teams with losing records hosting an NFL playoff game? A joke. 2-8 and 3-7 teams make the high school playoffs? A joke. The Saints had to beat the Bucs 3 times this year to advance.

Home games in college football playoffs are a significant advantage. Those are often decided on some biased rankings system.

Nothing perfect. The NFL works better because fewer teams and more games. Lower level colleges work because few care.

The Saints beat us twice and we won the third in the playoffs 

30 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I don’t just think it’s better because of the playoff. I just think it’s a much better product. I think it’s more aesthetically pleasing to watch the best of the best athletes. The players are faster, there’s more parity, I get really into the draft where I couldn’t care less about recruiting. Over the last 11 years, all but 3 teams have made it to the conference championship game in the NFC. College football is Bama, Clemson, Ohio state, and everyone else. I like college football. Don’t get me wrong. It’s the next best version of football, and it’s still football. I just personally like the nfl a lot more.  2008 scarred me for life and I’ll never view college football the same. It’s a beauty pageant, like I said.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just eliminate the conferences and the whole season and have a 126 team playoff it's only fair

Imagine joining a 126-team fantasy football league and having a committee of current and past owners vote for the Top 4 teams each year to get into the playoffs. Sounds like a shit system.
  • Haha 1

Yes, that's what I mean. Remove Taysom Hill from the lineup due to injury then Bucs win the last one. They move on even though the Saints won the first two. Bucs didn't really prove to me they're better overall. They just won the last one. Some people prefer that system, which is fine. I view that as a flaw in that system, if the goal is to find the best team.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Imagine joining a 126-team fantasy football league and having a committee of current and past owners vote for the Top 4 teams each year to get into the playoffs. Sounds like a shit system.

I get it, but no matter what else, I went to the University of Texas. I can never "go to" the Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans. I will never be one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Had Enough said:
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yes, that's what I mean. Remove Taysom Hill from the lineup due to injury then Bucs win the last one. They move on even though the Saints won the first two. Bucs didn't really prove to me they're better overall. They just won the last one. Some people prefer that system, which is fine. I view that as a flaw in that system, if the goal is to find the best team.

I won't deny we've lucked our way to the SB in year 1 with Brady. I just hope that luck continues 

45 minutes ago, Had Enough said:
2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Those are one off situations that rarely happen. The under 500 team rarely makes the playoff in this format. The teams from the same division rarely play each other a 3rd time. The 3-7 high school team is part of a 64 team playoff and they get dominated in the first round. These are all situations that rarely happen. But every year I have a group of dipshits that tell me “according to my eye test, these are the 4 best teams.” That’s ridiculous lol.

I can understand why you might like college football more. The tradition, the passionate fans. I get it. The nfl is just personal preference for me. But there’s absolutely no valid argument for how college football decides its champion being better than any other sport. It is clearly the worst way to decide your champion. Hell, there’s an even larger pool of idiots that decide who the best teams are before the season even starts. So when you beat a #7 Georgia team that has no business being ranked there, you get more credit than you should. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

53 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Imagine caring about fantasy football

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Those are one off situations that rarely happen. The under 500 team rarely makes the playoff in this format. The teams from the same division rarely play each other a 3rd time. The 3-7 high school team is part of a 64 team playoff and they get dominated in the first round. These are all situations that rarely happen. But every year I have a group of dipshits that tell me “according to my eye test, these are the 4 best teams.” That’s ridiculous lol.

I can understand why you might like college football more. The tradition, the passionate fans. I get it. The nfl is just personal preference for me. But there’s absolutely no valid argument for how college football decides its champion being better than any other sport. It is clearly the worst way to decide your champion. Hell, there’s an even larger pool of idiots that decide who the best teams are before the season even starts. So when you beat a #7 Georgia team that has no business being ranked there, you get more credit than you should. 

Actually the smaller pool of idiots that ranks teams doesn't start ranking them until later in the season. The point does stand, it just doesn't affect me so I don't give a fuck. 

Texas or Florida can just be worth a fuck for a season we will get into the CFP. That's it. Money talks, these programs bring in revenue and they will get in over undefeated who gives a fuck teams like Boise St. or Cinci. The non-power 5 schools should probably just divorce the power 5 entirely and have their own rankings and playoffs. 

For expanding playoffs, the problem is two-fold, where does it end and then how do you decide who you leave out? It's the same problem they've had. The other problem is, if you expand the playoff to 8 teams, now the regular bowl games are even more pointless and more guys will sit out from those. It's playoffs or nothing for most of the top prospects.

I'm looking at easiest road to the natty

Texas already has the most fucked up road to the big12 championshit - since you have to play everyone and the other best team in the conference twice. 

Just read about these bitches bitching about CFB right now, they sound like bitches.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/players-rip-a-fucking-corrupt-college-football-season

[quote] The only thing is that this isn't actually the chronicle of perseverance, courage, and redemption it sets up to be. Instead, it is a tale of avarice, exploitation, and, above all, far too much harm. “We are putting ourselves through shit so white people can be entertained. It’s all fucking corrupt,” an SEC player told us of this college football season. That is the true story of college football in 2020 and we can’t, and shouldn’t, overlook it. [/quote]

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/foxs-tim-brando-torches-cfb-playoff-committee-talks-of-corrupt-system-and-alabama-privilege/

[quote] “This is supposed to be about what we’ve done, what we’ve seen to this point,” Brando continued. “Minnesota beat Penn State. They were the No. 4 team in the country. Can you name for me one win that Alabama has that’s as impressive as Minnesota’s one win against Penn State? No. And where is Minnesota? Eighth? Alabama is fifth. They fall a whopping two spots after getting their ass kicked for an entire half and then piling on some stats.”

“Where’s the fairness to Minnesota? The fairness to Baylor? It’s non-existent. Does not exist,” Brando said. [/quote]

Edited by Zeus

About 8% of seasons have had a loser make the playoffs. In the past 25 years, 4 teams have lost when going for the 3 game sweep so 16% of seasons. Nine have won. Neither of those occurrences are rare. Uncommon sure. Matchups matter and impact who ultimately wins.

In high school here we get two champions per division. Huh? And you're right those sorry teams get eliminated quick but it's also a bye for the other team.

Again all scenarios have flaws. So to me the best argument is "I like this one best." Personally I'm not a big tournament champion guy but I like March Madness. The goal for many is to make it. Final Four is the goal for some. It means different things to different people.

I'll stand by the best of all time scenarios was Texas v USC. Top 4 would have been crappy because we already went to Ohio State.