2021 Reese's Senior Bowl - Featuring Sam Ehlinger and Ta'Quon Graham

immamac

18 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Goddamnit. Can’t help myself here.  Please name some NFL TEs that are 6’1”. I’ll call wait. 

While we’re at it, name some P5 TEs that are 6’1”. 

I’m going Derka level crazy. 

Huh? You’re kinda proving my point, he’d have to be an athletic freak to play TE at that size. 

But it has happened recently: Delanie Walker, Niles Paul and others. 

Edit to add: It’s a stupid conversation anyways and obviously not going to happen.

Edited by ChemicalHorn

58 minutes ago, immamac said:

Sam sucked pretty bad. Probably ruined his draft chances. I has the sad. 

He ruined his chances during the week. The game itself isn’t really that important. It’s the practices that are a really big deal, and he didn’t perform well during the practices. But yeah, his chances of getting drafted weren’t helped at the senior bowl 

He wasn’t going to be much of a prospect anyway, but trying to play in this so soon after injuring his throwing shoulder in the bowl game was a really bad decision.   Did he have the same pre-draft team as LJH?

A lot of this. Perhaps it was an instance of the head knows but the heart needs to be shown. If he doesn’t get picked up now, he will be more at peace with it, perhaps?

5 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Aaron Hernandez.  Now shut the fuck up.

Seriously. This thread got Rex Kramer’d so hard with all his shit posting when he has no clue what he’s talking about as usual. 
It’s hilarious that he doesn’t know what an H-back is. Sam would fit that mold pretty well and could be an effective player there. Guys like Kyle Juzcyk and Dominique Dafney.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Are you the only idiot on the planet that doesn't know he's dead?

Yeah apparently. I also don't know the personal lives of the college athletes who went to my alma mater either, which I guess makes me a super idoit. Fuck I better check Trevor Lawrence's family history, I don't want to look dumb on the internet 

Didn't watch the game, just looked at the box scores.  I had hoped Sam would impress. Its looking like the NFL isn't going to be in his future.

What's up with Mond being mvp? Was there just no one else that stood out?  In the a&m games I've seen the last few years he seemed like just a run-of-the-mill game manager. 

Sam wasn't bad.  lead them to a FG and a TD.  the receiver dropped 2 passes or he would have been 6 for 10 with a TD.  I haven't heard how he did in the practices.

That said, Sam is going to be a UDFA or maybe a 7th rounder.  people who were thinking he was getting drafted in the top 4 or 5 rounds weren't watching our games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah apparently. I also don't know the personal lives of the college athletes who went to my alma mater either, which I guess makes me a super idoit. Fuck I better check Trevor Lawrence's family history, I don't want to look dumb on the internet 

Do you have a TV? They kinda mentioned that his dad died when he was young like every single game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Why would anyone choose Tavon Austin as their favorite player? Ha.

He was fucking ridiculously fun to watch in college. Could juke out anyone in the country. And he had that game where he rushed (yes, rushed) for 300+ yards on OU. Even though he was a WR.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

At 6’6”. Swoopes 6’4” and can’t stay in the league. Neither Bell nor Swoopes has any prospect of ever being in the league long term. People give us way to much credit for being a smart fan base. 

Blake Bell was drafted in 2015. With him still being in the league at 29 years of age, he's already been in the NFL "long term."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah, having a playoff where every division winner gets an automatic bid is lame as shit, am I right? They should’ve just picked KC, Buffalo, Green Bay, and New Orleans, and just called it a day. I wonder what division would’ve been given SEC bias this year... 

So you are saying the big12 should've sent a team to the ??? team playoffs? You want blowU to get in again?

I'm fine with the totally biased money grab playoff committee shit, if Texas or Florida is worth a fuck, they will get in. Fuck everyone else, especially non power5s.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Sam wasn't bad.  lead them to a FG and a TD.  the receiver dropped 2 passes or he would have been 6 for 10 with a TD.  I haven't heard how he did in the practices.

That said, Sam is going to be a UDFA or maybe a 7th rounder.  people who were thinking he was getting drafted in the top 4 or 5 rounds weren't watching our games.

That Louisville WR did him zero favors with his cement hands 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Zeus said:

So you are saying the big12 should've sent a team to the ??? team playoffs? You want blowU to get in again?

I'm fine with the totally biased money grab playoff committee shit, if Texas or Florida is worth a fuck, they will get in. Fuck everyone else, especially non power5s.

That’s definitely not what I’m saying lol. What I’m saying is, if winning your conference doesn’t give you an automatic spot in your sports playoff (like literally every other sport at every other level of sports), then what’s the point of even having conferences, and what’s the significance of winning your conference? There is none. Like, why are none P5 schools even in the same division as P5 if they have no chance at playing for a title?

I’m also saying the NFL is a better product than college football. There, I said it.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s definitely not what I’m saying lol. What I’m saying is, if winning your conference doesn’t give you an automatic spot in your sports playoff (like literally every other sport at every other level of sports), then what’s the point of even having conferences, and what’s the significance of winning your conference? There is none. Like, why are none P5 schools even in the same division as P5 if they have no chance at playing for a title?

I’m also saying the NFL is a better product than college football. There, I said it.

Of course it is. It's not even close. I enjoy NFL, NHL, European Football, and even college basketball far more than I did college football. 

Mlb, cfb, and nba are unwatchable for me. 

• Fuck You 2

The point of having conferences is money. Also, with the playoff the way it is today, you believe a 8-4 Colorado team was worthy of a spot instead of an 11-1 texas team in 2005.

Makes sense.
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 7:04 PM, dcar00 said:

Maybe not here but a lot of Texas fans thought he was a second rounder at worst

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

3 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

I enjoy NFL, NHL, European Football, and even college basketball far more than I did college football. 

Mlb, cfb, and nba are unwatchable for me. 

raw

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The point of having conferences is money. Also, with the playoff the way it is today, you believe a 8-4 Colorado team was worthy of a spot instead of an 11-1 texas team in 2005.

Makes sense.

That’s not necessarily what I’m saying. I’m just saying think about every other sport. All of them. When you win your division/conference, that earns you a spot in the postseason. In most sports, that’s the whole point of divisions. Except college football. I love the tradition of college football, but the setup is unbelievably stupid and I’ve felt that way since 2008. 

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

raw

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

giphy.gif

To each there own. I prefer when my sports are decided on the field. Not when they resemble beauty pageants. I don’t like Aggy, but it would be foolish to think that a one loss aggy didn’t deserve a crack at competing for a championship. But they weren’t as pretty as ND, and they’ll never be as pretty as ND. So we can all laugh at them. If that was Texas in that exact same spot with that exact same record, we get in. Because historically, we’re “prettier” than aggy, and the judges like that in the beauty pageant that is the college football playoff.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

raw

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

giphy.gif

To each there own. I prefer when my sports are decided on the field. Not when they resemble beauty pageants. I don’t like Aggy, but it would be foolish to think that a one loss aggy didn’t deserve a crack at competing for a championship. But they weren’t as pretty as ND, and they’ll never be as pretty as ND. So we can all laugh at them. If that was Texas in that exact same spot with that exact same record, we get in. Because historically, we’re “prettier” than aggy, and the judges like that in the beauty pageant that is the college football playoff.

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That’s not necessarily what I’m saying. I’m just saying think about every other sport. All of them. When you win your division/conference, that earns you a spot in the postseason. In most sports, that’s the whole point of divisions. Except college football. I love the tradition of college football, but the setup is unbelievably stupid and I’ve felt that way since 2008. 

Im not sure many would care if Northwestern and Florida got in and they left out bama and tosu.  Football s completely different than the others.  Comparing them is apples to oranges. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So on the one hand I'm an SEC homer but on the other hand you think aggy deserved to get in the playoff over ND..

It's not about pretty-ness

It's about money. College football is all about money, thats why Texas would get in and aggy isn't gonna.

Plus, ND beat Clemson and aggy got blown out by Alabama. Why would anyone want to watch a rematch of aggy/Bama in the semis when they blew their asses out earlier in the season?

Also, the NFL is kind of interesting but it's full of drama-mamas and the average fan is shit-tier. 

Good luck bringing your kids around these filth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA6se9rUD3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbQdGOCqsQ

29 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Im sure the committee took into account that (as pointed out last week) the aggy wins were against teams that went 30-50, got murdered by alabama, and almost lost to Vandy.  Their best win was again an 8-4 team.  ND was against the then #1 (or 2?) team that MADE the college playoffs.  

The correct team got in. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Im not sure many would care if Northwestern and Florida got in and they left out bama and tosu.  Football s completely different than the others.  Comparing them is apples to oranges. 

College football is apples to oranges. Nfl, high school, pop Warner, literally ever other level. If you win your division or conference you earn a spot in the playoff. That’s usually the point of divisions and conferences. But again, to each their own. I understand why some like college football more. 

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Im sure the committee took into account that (as pointed out last week) the aggy wins were against teams that went 30-50, got murdered by alabama, and almost lost to Vandy.  Their best win was again an 8-4 team.  ND was against the then #1 (or 2?) team that MADE the college playoffs.  

The correct team got in. 

My main point is there should probably be a 16 team playoff where literally every division one conference champ gets a spot in the playoff and then have like 5 at large teams. We can do this all day, or just agree to disagree. But yes, ND should’ve gotten in over aggy in the current 4 team playoff system that we have. But if you run through your schedule and lose one game, common sense would say you should probably have a chance at playing in your sports postseason. We just don’t have enough spots

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My main point is there should probably be a 16 team playoff where literally every division one conference champ gets a spot in the playoff and then have like 5 at large teams. We can do this all day, or just agree to disagree. But yes, ND should’ve gotten in over aggy in the current 4 team playoff system that we have

Just eliminate the conferences and the whole season and have a 126 team playoff it's only fair

• Like 1