2021 Texas Volleyball

TexasDPT

5 minutes ago, sunset87 said:

I don't know much about Illinois, but I thought Nebraska's block was pretty impressive in that match.  Even if they weren't blocking to the floor they were consistently sending the ball back to the Illini side or getting hands on their attack.  Seems like there was one rally when the Nebraska block sent the ball back 3 time in a row against the Illini's left pin.

I thought Corn looked pretty solid. Their defense is salty and we better slow down their middles. Block needs to show up.  I think it's going to be dogfight. Hope I'm wrong.

Illinois isn't very good and they were without their best offensive player in Cooney. 

That was going to be an ass kicking the moment it was announced Cooney didn't travel to Austin. Illinois was totally screwed in this match because they had to move their best middle to OH with Cooney out. 

I do agree Nebraska is salty defensively but there wasn't anything to take away from the Illinois match with Cooney not playing. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Illinois isn't very good and they were without their best offensive player in Cooney. 

That was going to be an ass kicking the moment it was announced Cooney didn't travel to Austin. Illinois was totally screwed in this match because they had to move their best middle to OH with Cooney out. 

I do agree Nebraska is salty defensively but there wasn't anything to take away from the Illinois match with Cooney not playing. 

Even with Cooney, Illinois was known as an error prone team. They bottled those up for the Kentucky match and they came back 

• Like 1

I kinda like Pitts 5-2 - they have one setter that plays all the way around (setting in the back and hitting in the front), and the other setter only sets in the back. Interesting option since they always have 3 hitters, but the front row setter can step in to set. IIRC, Penn State had a pretty successful system like this somewhat recently.

Just now, texfan11 said:

I kinda like Pitts 5-2 - they have one setter that plays all the way around (setting in the back and hitting in the front), and the other setter only sets in the back. Interesting option since they always have 3 hitters, but the front row setter can step in to set. IIRC, Penn State had a pretty successful system like this somewhat recently.

Their offense is so fast and so good