SecRant ~ Silly Me

Cairn Horn88

I love reading the aggys on SEC Rant...   They act like they've been part of the SEC since the Civil War, they think they are just going to beat the Horns into pulp when we play them.... Oh and did you know they were 10-2 or 11-1 every season since they've been in the SEC..... Yea, that's how they act on there.  

I love reading the aggys on SEC Rant...   They act like they've been part of the SEC since the Civil War, they think they are just going to beat the Horns into pulp when we play them.... Oh and did you know they were 10-2 or 11-1 every season since they've been in the SEC..... Yea, that's how they act on there.  

If anyone misses the universal distain other SEC Rant fans feel toward Aggy, they are not paying attention.
  • Hook 'Em 1

If anyone misses the universal distain other SEC Rant fans feel toward Aggy, they are not paying attention.
  • Hook 'Em 3

What's funny to me is the fact that only Aggy sees what's coming. SEC schools not named Aggy currently have 94 Texas players on their roster. We will take our pick of those, thanks. Ohio State, we will be taking our players back. I am not sure you guys are really processing everything so I will say it in all caps.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN TEXAS FOOTBALL HISTORY THAT WE ARE ON AN EQUAL PLAYING FIELD IN REGARDS TO RECRUITING.

Whether you believe it to be true or not, throughout history other schools waltzed into the state and sold top recruits that the PAC, BIG, or SEC was a better conference, and why would you wanna play in the SWC or Big12. Now, for the first time, Texas will simply be judged on it's Tradition, Educational Value, Location, Facilities, and Campus. So let's look at those.

Tradition- Flagship University in the State. Just ask the State Senate. 526 conference titles across all sports, and 47 NCAA championships. 6th all time.

Educational Value- We usually hover around the 20's for rankings on US colleges, though we dropped last year. Depending on what list you are looking at we will either be behind only Vandy or possibly them and Florida out of the 16 teams in the SEC.

Location- Texas is the only college in in the SEC in an actual city oustide of Vandy. The others are in backwater towns and pastures.

Facilities- check

Campus- Campus is laid out well. Hills. Somewhat walkable. I know we might have been tired of it years ago, but 6th street is still pretty impressive to 18yr old kids.

Aggy gets it, which is why they are having a meltdown. The rest of the SEC is thumping their chest about the beating we are going to take, not knowing that they are about to play the role of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Calvary. It's going to take a few years, but our recruiting is going to skyrocket. 5 years from now this will be our recruiting pitch to any kid in the State of Texas......

tenor.gif

John Lennon sang "Just gimme some truth."  Well, here it is.  The "S-E-C, S-E-C!" chant was born in an instant on the night Alabama humiliated Geno Toretta and Miami 34-13 in the Sugar Bowl to top off the 1992 season.  Most Miami fans had left the Dome.  About five minutes remained in the 4th quarter and some one or some group started it up.  It spread fast and before ling the 50,000 or so Bama fans were yelling and stomping it out in unison.  I was there.  I heard it and I saw it and I said it with gusto.  We were sick to death of hearing about Miami and their unstoppable offense.  As far as I'm concerned it was an isolated event of regional resentment spilling onto the field.  The origin of a behavior which may appear offensive or shitty today is completely logical in context.  Did I chant S-E-C! when Auburn scammed their way to #1, or LSU, or Tennessee back in the 90s?  Fuuuuck, no.  With all that said, do I like Texas and OU joining the SEC?  Why hell, yes.  Because I love college football!  Let's rock and roll!

I was there that night.

I loved heckling “GEEEEEE-NO! GEEEEEE-NO!” too.

I also flipped off Dennis Erickson as he went into the tunnel at halftime.

He scowled at me.

I sweater gawd. ESPNU radio on SiriusXM is such a got damn beat down between aggy and the irate 8 callers.

Aggy: you Texas people are gonna learn the hard way about big boy football

Kansas/okie state/ whatever irate 8 fan: you dumbasses who ran shit won’t do it anymore, you have no idea!

Yea irate 8, nobody on the BOR or athletic department had no idea how this new conference works yet you were let in to the loop.

Aggy: your conference record is the same in the sec and big 12. Pretty much .500, no conference championships, and riding coattails. Ousux and Texas will do way better than you in the next 9 years.

Bookmark this post aggy. Save it, and throw it in my face later which we both know you won’t be able to do so. Back to 4th in the directional conference you go for eternity.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I was there that night.

I loved heckling “GEEEEEE-NO! GEEEEEE-NO!” too.

Ohhh, yes!  The "GEEEE-NO!'s" rang out like "AIIRRRRR BALL's" early and often, and grew stronger through the night, the more he stuggled.

Do you remember coming out of a timeout he trotted onto the field and stood facing the offense, calling the play Erickson gave him. As he was calling the play Bama substituted several players.  When Geno turned around and stood back in the shotgun, all eleven defenders were on the line of scrimmage.  Six or seven of them blitzed.  Can't remember the result but the body language from Toretta was clear.  "Ohhhh, fuuuuck!"

And, we all saw in the flesh the greatest non-play in college football history when George Teague stripped the ball from Lamar Thomas and came back the other way.

Ohhh, yes!  The "GEEEE-NO!'s" rang out like "AIIRRRRR BALL's" early and often, and grew stronger through the night, the more he stuggled.
Do you remember coming out of a timeout he trotted onto the field and stood facing the offense, calling the play Erickson gave him. As he was calling the play Bama substituted several players.  When Geno turned around and stood back in the shotgun, all eleven defenders were on the line of scrimmage.  Six or seven of them blitzed.  Can't remember the result but the body language from Toretta was clear.  "Ohhhh, fuuuuck!"
And, we all saw in the flesh the greatest non-play in college football history when George Teague stripped the ball from Lamar Thomas and came back the other way.

Oh yeah. Still gives me chills.