SecRant ~ Silly Me

Cairn Horn88

Spent some time over there and learned that Texas is irrelevant.  There's like a dozen pages worth of threads discussing how irrelevant we are.  More than one of the threads I saw were direct calls to the site's owner to create a Horns down emoji just for the purposes of insulting us.  Because we're irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

John Lennon sang "Just gimme some truth."  Well, here it is.  The "S-E-C, S-E-C!" chant was born in an instant on the night Alabama humiliated Geno Toretta and Miami 34-13 in the Sugar Bowl to top off the 1992 season.  Most Miami fans had left the Dome.  About five minutes remained in the 4th quarter and some one or some group started it up.  It spread fast and before ling the 50,000 or so Bama fans were yelling and stomping it out in unison.  I was there.  I heard it and I saw it and I said it with gusto.  We were sick to death of hearing about Miami and their unstoppable offense.  As far as I'm concerned it was an isolated event of regional resentment spilling onto the field.  The origin of a behavior which may appear offensive or shitty today is completely logical in context.  Did I chant S-E-C! when Auburn scammed their way to #1, or LSU, or Tennessee back in the 90s?  Fuuuuck, no.  With all that said, do I like Texas and OU joining the SEC?  Why hell, yes.  Because I love college football!  Let's rock and roll!

I was in New Orleans that night. Bama fans were over the moon. They hadn't been very good for awhile and the Miami team was supposed to roll them. The narrative going into the game was that Bama had played a super weak schedule. After the game, they kept saying, "We still ain't played anyone." In that context, it does makes some sense. 

That said, the sec chant had to be around before that. We were chanting it at Arkansas in their last SWC game in Austin as we were beating their ass back in 1990. 

It's going to be fun in about 3 or 4 years when they realize that UT is getting and will continue to get the top 25 propects in Texas every year, and how much that will set ou, LSU, and aggy back, and how the SEC has evolved into Texas against Bama/UGA in the SEC Championship Game every year, and how they can't do shit about it.

No one in the country stands to benefit more from NIL than us.  We're about to be a monster.

• Hook 'Em 7

38 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Spent some time over there and learned that Texas is irrelevant.  There's like a dozen pages worth of threads discussing how irrelevant we are.  More than one of the threads I saw were direct calls to the site's owner to create a Horns down emoji just for the purposes of insulting us.  Because we're irrelevant.

They start 20 threads on every ok topic and a thread for every single random thought that crosses their mind it seems.  You can’t discuss anything cause an hour later they have 5 more topics on the same thing.  It’s a total mess and a waste of anyone’s time to go over there and read that shit.  

Attempting to post anything on texags, tiger droppings or secrant is basically a total waste of time so why bother. It’s all nuts. 

My question is there any school specific message boards worth posting on? If not the same at least similar to here? We all know why aggy boards are worthless but am hoping there are at least a couple sane school specific SEC boards and have in the past never had a reason to look for one. 

For example Georgia grads seems a little less insane than the SEC as a whole (I admit this is based on a very small sample size). I know Vandy is more normal. Just curious. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Attempting to post anything on texags, tiger droppings or secrant is basically a total waste of time so why bother. It’s all nuts. 

My question is there any school specific message boards worth posting on? If not the same at least similar to here? We all know why aggy boards are worthless but am hoping there are at least a couple sane school specific SEC boards and have in the past never had a reason to look for one. 

For example Georgia grads seems a little less insane than the SEC as a whole (I admit this is based on a very small sample size). I know Vandy is more normal. Just curious. 

…and people say we’re not a good cultural fit 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

To people who say that I say who cares? Were we a good cultural fit with Baylor? This is football. This is business. 

Sorry, not trying to dog you. I’m just saying there aren’t any websites we’ll have fun on immediately. They’re going to do their cool kid bullshit so I’m just going to lerk for a min while they chill out. Right now their message boards are just a lot of 2 dudes banging: It’s great if you’re into it, not so much if you’re not.

• Hook 'Em 1

Any Texas fan trying to go over to SEC Rant, Tiger Droppings, or Texaggy to take part in things are going to be like Sheriff Bart saying good morning to the old lady complete with a similar response. 

My response to the eventual reality you would be in store for would be similar to The Waco Kid. 

tumblr_pxar5mDUWt1qiwn71o1_500.gifv

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

John Lennon sang "Just gimme some truth."  Well, here it is.  The "S-E-C, S-E-C!" chant was born in an instant on the night Alabama humiliated Geno Toretta and Miami 34-13 in the Sugar Bowl to top off the 1992 season.  Most Miami fans had left the Dome.  About five minutes remained in the 4th quarter and some one or some group started it up.  It spread fast and before ling the 50,000 or so Bama fans were yelling and stomping it out in unison.  I was there.  I heard it and I saw it and I said it with gusto.  We were sick to death of hearing about Miami and their unstoppable offense.  As far as I'm concerned it was an isolated event of regional resentment spilling onto the field.  The origin of a behavior which may appear offensive or shitty today is completely logical in context.  Did I chant S-E-C! when Auburn scammed their way to #1, or LSU, or Tennessee back in the 90s?  Fuuuuck, no.  With all that said, do I like Texas and OU joining the SEC?  Why hell, yes.  Because I love college football!  Let's rock and roll!

So Bama is to blame.  Got it.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Surly, there is no substitute. 

I wonder what the secrants's tune will be when Texas snags Arch Manning, the latest member of the SEC's royal family. Especially when it happens because our "irrelevant" coffers are able to secure him tens of millions of dollars in endorsements.

Edited by SEC
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just like a bammer to take credit for something because you heard it there in ‘92.
I was there at Sugar Bowl ‘86 when we did the exact same thing to Miami with Vinny Testaverde, Michael Irvin, etc. and that same chant was being sung loud through the dome.
But I’m not a bammer and going to take credit where it may not be due. I have no idea if that was the first time that chant came out but I’m not such a narcissistic prick to think my team was the first.
GFY bammer!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I, for one, refuse to wade into that stagnate pool of ignorance and front runner lick fest. I will continue to get my news from Surly regarding recruiting, et al. There is nothing that bald elf can tell me that is better info then what is provided here. 

While I welcome our moonshine cooking, hayseed and swamp rat overlords .. I will not submit. We're Texas and as such all others can suck it. 

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Hook 'Em 7

My god that site is awful. Are they not familiar with the concept of placing related comments in a single thread? It's mostly page after page of random threads with only a couple of replies each. There's 82 threads in the football board that have been posted on today. 19 of them reference Texas in the title, and another 6 are about us but don't specifically mention us in the title. And the majority of posts I read were just flat out weird. Are the posters on there all the rejects of each of their respective school's message boards? Or is that really the primary board for every SEC school?

7 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

My god that site is awful. Are they not familiar with the concept of placing related comments in a single thread? It's mostly page after page of random threads with only a couple of replies each. There's 82 threads in the football board that have been posted on today. 19 of them reference Texas in the title, and another 6 are about us but don't specifically mention us in the title. And the majority of posts I read were just flat out weird. Are the posters on there all the rejects of each of their respective school's message boards? Or is that really the primary board for every SEC school?

Hogville and Woopig for Razorbacks.  I notice a lot of poster on the rant have been banned by Hogville.  Woopig is most like Shaggy/Surly.

43 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

That message board is useless for any real exchange of thoughts or analysis of anything.  It's simply a collection of dim witted hillbilly rednecks posting inane thoughts.  Aggy finally found a home.

I spent a few minutes there to get an idea what what we are dealing with.. I agree w/ you 100%. It is just a bunch of aggy personalities spread across multiple 'universities'.. and I use that term lightly. Looking at you Arky and Ole Miss.

54 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Is there any truth to the secsecsec change started by SWC fans to poke fun at pig when it left in 90?

Yes.  They didn't leave until after the 1991 season, but they announced before the 1990 season. Longhorn fans in Austin for the 1990 game jeered them with the SECSECSEC chant as we beat them 49-17.  I was at that game and happily participated.

They returned the favor in 1991 when they beat us 14-13 in Little Rock.

Just now, TexasBeta said:

I spent a few minutes there to get an idea what what we are dealing with.. I agree w/ you 100%. It is just a bunch of aggy personalities spread across multiple 'universities'.. and I use that term lightly. Looking at you Arky and Ole Miss.

This would actually make a lot of sense. So much of what I read just screamed aggy, but they had UT, LSU, Bama, etc tagged by their name. That shit easily gets sorted out here, but I guess it's a bit less obvious over there.

13 minutes ago, wildturkey8 said:

Hogville and Woopig for Razorbacks.  I notice a lot of poster on the rant have been banned by Hogville.  Woopig is most like Shaggy/Surly.

Hogville is very active but there are a lot of idiots on there. Moderation is strict on disagreeing with them or talking bad about the team/players. It's pretty polarizing. Here are some of the most active from other SEC schools:

Mississippi State: EliteDawgs.com and Sixpackspeak.com are both pretty solid
Florida: gatorcountry.com
Kentucky: catsillustrated.com (Rivals)
Tennessee: Volnation.com
Auburn: aufamily.com

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

This would actually make a lot of sense. So much of what I read just screamed aggy, but they had UT, LSU, Bama, etc tagged by their name. That shit easily gets sorted out here, but I guess it's a bit less obvious over there.

Any poster on the rant can choose any tag they want.  A lot of them pose as if from schools other than their own.  So much trolling that it is unreadable. As for Finebaum, he takes delight in trolling his own audience.

The SEC Rant gets about 5x more active during football season too. It's a bit too much to keep up with. The game threads can be entertaining though. And they have some solid sub-forums other than the politics board which is about what you'd expect.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 7:36 PM, Lat22 said:

Sadly, our stadium will be full of fans that will embrace the chant. 

I caught the tail end of Ed Clements' and his son's horribad sports radio show on Saturday.  Like a bad car wreck and not being able to look away, I just couldn't muster the juju to switch the channel.  

At the end of their show they chanted SECSECSEC as the program faded into its ending bumper music.

There will be all sorts of morons just like those two cockgobblers doing EXACTLY the same thing at DKR.  I have not one doubt.

36 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I caught the tail end of Ed Clements' and his son's horribad sports radio show on Saturday.  Like a bad car wreck and not being able to look away, I just couldn't muster the juju to switch the channel.  

At the end of their show they chanted SECSECSEC as the program faded into its ending bumper music.

There will be all sorts of morons just like those two cockgobblers doing EXACTLY the same thing at DKR.  I have not one doubt.

Real, knowledgeable Texas fans will not do a secsec chant.....hopefully, it's not done after the first time we beat aggy.