Bundesliga 2021-2022: The Hoff Can't Wait

maninblack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Augsburg won for the second match in a row and managed to jump Wolfsburg because of it. 

They are actually in 13th place and 6 points clear of relegation. Everyone is even on 28 league games played. Six more matches to go. 

yep, and Augsburg still has home games remaining with the two bottom teams:  Hertha Berlin (17th place) and Furth (18th place).  so looking pretty good that Augsburg will stay up.  next match is Saturday against Bayern.  maybe that's why Pepi didn't play today.  need him rested.

• Like 1

The guy that Pepi replaced in the 71st minute was the guy who drew the penalty early in the game to allow Augsburg to go up 1-0. 

I didn’t see any of the game, but even if you don’t get a shot on frame all game, if you can draw a PK for the team, the manager is going to like that. But I hope that Pepi gets to start. (Of course)

• 7 months later...

Obviously not 2021-2022 season, or even a league match, but VfB Stuttgart vs FC Köln next Saturday at Q2.

Fan information on the US tour

On Monday 14 November VfB Stuttgart embark on a week-long trip to Austin. We round up all the latest information for fans.

The highlight of VfB’s trip to Texas, in footballing terms at least, will be the friendly against 1. FC Köln on Saturday 19 November (kick-off: 15:00 local time) at the Q2-Stadium in Austin. Tickets are available online.

During the week, VfB will have a number of engagements in Austin and Texas in addition to their daily training sessions. On Sunday 20 November, the team will attend the American football game of the Houston Texans against the Washington Commanders. On Tuesday and Thursday, the VfB football school camps will take place in Austin with children, adolescents and coaches from the region.

On Thursday 17 November at 17:30 there will be a fan meeting hosted by the German-American Heritage Society - a symbol of the long-standing German-American history in Austin. All fans are welcome to attend the event, just as they are at the team’s open training session on the same day at 13:00 at Austin FC’s St. David’s Performance Center. Another fan meeting is also planned for day of the match itself, starting at 11:30, this time at the stadium. During the fan meeting, there will be an e-sports contest between fans from Germany and the USA with VfB players and legends.

In addition to the team, VfB’s travelling party will also include the mascot Fritzle and VfB legends Cacau and Ricardo Osorio.

https://www.vfb.de/en/vfb/latest/news/professionals/2223/faninfos-zur-us-tour/

Edited by Mittens

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was able to catch the first half of the game broadcast. Bayern were really impressive they way they were winning the ball and getting it down the field and generating chances over and over again. The first three goals were wall within the flow of the game. Upemecano got one that looked like a video game highlight but was changed to an own goal off the keeper. I was frequently reminded by the commentators that Bayer is a well coached team.

• 1 month later...

And Bayern up 2 now. Bvb will have no help, need to make the comeback. 

well either espn fucked up or the brace was called back because now it shows 1-0 again at half time.  Appears to be a VAR reversal- found a hand ball if I’m reading it right. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

So embarassing. They need to start handing a trophy out for 2nd place. 

47 minutes ago, WBT said:

German Gergg should have got Gio in earlier

I don't understand why he doesn't get more minutes. His a+g/min is insane. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MASSIVE result today vs RB Leipzig, who sit directly below VfB Stuttgart in the table, only 1pt behind going into the match.  We stay in 3rd w/ the win and open a little gap.

Massive because we've been shaky at best in the international window w/ Guirassy away w/ Guinea in Africa Cup of Nations and Jeong Woo-yeong away w/ S Korea for AFC Asian Cup.  I believe w/ the win today, we are now 5-4 in that span.

Really impressive play today.  Very aggressive and clean play, which hasn't been the case at all lately.  Hat trick for Deniz Undav.