Ohio State @ Minnesota. 7 pm. FOX

Parliament

16 hours ago, Nivek said:

Holy shit, he hit him in the head with his forearm and knocked him down after the pass was thrown.    It was a legit call.   

Puh-lease. Take your “Fuck Ohio State!” attitude out of it. That was incidental contact at worst. There was nothing malicious or egregious about it and you’ve seen the same thing go uncalled a hundred times before, assuming you have any experience watching football. He didn’t knock him down. Morgan just sold it. Which I’m sure he’s coached to do. That’s just the way it is.

15 hours ago, hookem48 said:

so was this the normal next in line OSU qb standing in a clean pocket for 5 seconds waiting to throw the ball to a wide open receiver game? 

Recruit and develop offensive linemen who can get drafted in the first round and anything is possible. The knock on Dwayne Haskins was that he was always throwing to wide open receivers. But he got signed to the Steelers roster. And the jury’s still out on Justin Fields in Chicago. I’m not sure if anyone could disagree that it was a mistake for UGA to let him go.

But defense wins championships. That’s the biggest concern for the Buckeyes. They have all new linebackers and two starting corners were out on Thursday due to injuries. We’ll just have to wait and see how things develop. Nine days to prepare for Oregon can’t hurt. And anytime B1G or PAC schools play cross-country in the early season, they’re at a disadvantage.

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Puh-lease. Take your “Fuck Ohio State!” attitude out of it. That was incidental contact at worst. There was nothing malicious or egregious about it and you’ve seen the same thing go uncalled a hundred times before, assuming you have any experience watching football. He didn’t knock him down. Morgan just sold it. Which I’m sure he’s coached to do. That’s just the way it is.

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Recruit and develop offensive linemen who can get drafted in the first round and anything is possible. The knock on Dwayne Haskins was that he was always throwing to wide open receivers. But he got signed to the Steelers roster. And the jury’s still out on Justin Fields in Chicago. I’m not sure if anyone could disagree that it was a mistake for UGA to let him go.

But defense wins championships. That’s the biggest concern for the Buckeyes. They have all new linebackers and two starting corners were out on Thursday due to injuries. We’ll just have to wait and see how things develop. Nine days to prepare for Oregon can’t hurt. And anytime B1G or PAC schools play cross-country in the early season, they’re at a disadvantage.

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lol. That’s not true of any call and you know it.

Buck up at 4 am arguing on a message board. Well, 5am in Ohio. Must've been a rough night.

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You are projecting because of your obvious bias.   It was not incidental.  Morgan changed directions, I know OSU is a damn fine school, so I am sure you are familiar with motion.   Yes, I saw it and worse uncalled hundreds of times before.  Then the rules changed.  Maybe you didn't get that memo.  It doesn't have to be a knockout shot, incidental contact to the head is.... a penalty.   He doesn't have to sell shit.  If you are going to hit the QB you better get there when he has the ball in his hand or be hitting him while he tosses it.   This isn't difficult. 

On 9/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, Nivek said:

You are projecting because of your obvious bias.   It was not incidental.  Morgan changed directions, I know OSU is a damn fine school, so I am sure you are familiar with motion.   Yes, I saw it and worse uncalled hundreds of times before.  Then the rules changed.  Maybe you didn't get that memo.  It doesn't have to be a knockout shot, incidental contact to the head is.... a penalty.   He doesn't have to sell shit.  If you are going to hit the QB you better get there when he has the ball in his hand or be hitting him while he tosses it.   This isn't difficult. 

This.  Joey Bosa got thrown out of his last game as a Buckeye for essentially slapping the side of the Notre Dame quarterbacks helmet.