Ohio State @ Minnesota. 7 pm. FOX

Parliament

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Anybody else think this may be a good game with potential upset?  Minnesota's starting lineup is full of RS SR's and others who played a bunch.

New QB breaking in for tOSU, plus Kerry Coombs seems like he sucks as a DC.

I agree on the experience that Minnesota has and that Stroud is going to severely limit the tOSU offense (relative to Fields as he seems best throwing screens/underneath). I also agree that Coombs is a shitty DC and that it is shocking that he is still perceived to be good after he regularly marched out his defense in very poor matchups. However, I don’t think Minnesota has been particularly dynamic in scheming its offense in the past so I’m just worried they won’t be able to take advantage of this.

It could be interesting if Stroud struggles.  Dude has never thrown a pass in college and his first start is on the road in a Big 10 game.  Not the easiest start.

The Buckeye D wasn't great last year against the pass and they lost quite a bit, include all their starting LBs.

That said, the Buckeyes have ridiculous talent and depth at the skill positions.  MN will need to be at least +2 in TOs to keep it close in 2H as the OSU O vs. the MN D is a huge mismatch on paper.

OSU last lost to MN in 2000 and last lost to MN in MN in 1981.

2 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

When your WR6 transfers to Alabama and becomes WR1 there you know the WR room is ridiculous.

That's not really accurate. Metchie is WR1 and he's very good. He just got overshadowed by Smith and Waddle. Also I'm not sure Fleming and Marvin Harrison Jr get more play time than Williams, even though I bet that those two will end up better players.