Texas Men's Golf

texasstrong12

18 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Just get to match play and anything can happen. The Texas team that won the national title in 2011 finished 10 back of Alabama in stroke play and then beat them in match play. 

Well Texas is 21 back right now and Jordan Spieth isn't on the roster. Sure anything can happen but this Horns team isn't winning a national title. The top few teams are just too good. 

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well Texas is 21 back right now and Jordan Spieth isn't on the roster. Sure anything can happen but this Horns team isn't winning a national title. The top few teams are just too good. 

I don't think Texas will win it all but Spieth was far from carrying that 2011 team. They were just well-balanced and got hot in match play. 

Spieth finished 54th in stroke play that year. 

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Prob not but Texas was pretty darn close to taking down OU and OSU in the conference tournament before they fell apart late. We can compete with the best of them 

1 minute ago, Okie State said:

We've lost out on more than one title where we dominated stroke play only to lose in match play. Anything can happen once you're in.

Yup. Get there and see what happens. All that matters

2 minutes ago, Okie State said:

We've lost out on more than one title where we dominated stroke play only to lose in match play. Anything can happen once you're in.

Same with the Texas women's team. 

Anything can happen in match play because it's on a hole by hole basis. Levels the playing field. 

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oklahoma State and OU are both having bad days so far. 

Ok State and Pepperdine are trying to get us into the top 4 apparently. 

Edit: not Vandy

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Oklahoma State now +17 on the day.  This might be the worst round of golf they've played all year. 

That is what is keeping me from saying we’re getting a bad draw. Plus, every team in match play is damn good. There will be no walks to the next round. 

• Hook 'Em 2

That is what is keeping me from saying we’re getting a bad draw. Plus, every team in match play is damn good. There will be no walks to the next round. 

I think you want us as your first match. We’re pretty mentally weak and only have 3 good players. I