Texas Men's Golf

texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's going to be Texas vs Oklahoma State in quarters of match play. 

Hope they play tomorrow like they did today. 

Does winner of #4 & #5 match then play winner of #1 & #8  match (blOU & tech) in the semi's ??

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

So who wins the tiebreaker between OU and Vanderbilt? 

They have some sort of scorecard playoff. Not sure how it works. 

5-way tie for medalist honor, including Parker.  3 players have 1 hole left. There iwill be an actual playoff if there is a tie. 

No. 4 Texas vs. No. 5 Oklahoma State

• 10:10 a.m. ET – Parker Coody vs. Bo Jin
  • 10:20 a.m. ET – Travis Vick vs. Brian Stark
  • 10:30 a.m. ET – Pierceson Coody vs. Eugenio Lopez-Chacarra
  • 10:40 a.m. ET – Mason Nome vs. Jonas Baumgartner
  • 10:50 a.m. ET – Cole Hammer vs. Aman Gupta

Texas

Appearances: 7
NCAA Match Play Record: 7-5
Golfweek Rank: 6th

Three-time winner this season at the Big 12 Match Play, Augusta Haskins Award Invitational and Western Intercollegiate before finishing third at the Big 12 Championship and earning the last spot from the NCAA Norman Regional.

Oklahoma State

Appearances: 9
NCAA Match Play Record: 10-7
Golfweek Rank: 3rd

Four-time winners this season, most-recently at the NCAA Columbus Regional. Finished inside the top five in every tournament but one.

I just don't think we have the horses this year.  We have some, but we have a couple of really weak spots that almost guaranteed L's.  They're all capable of putting up a good round, but don't seem to do it when it matters.  I predict a 3-2 UT win without a ton of suspense at the end.  Hope I'm wrong though.  

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

I just don't think we have the horses this year.  We have some, but we have a couple of really weak spots that almost guaranteed L's.  They're all capable of putting up a good round, but don't seem to do it when it matters.  I predict a 3-2 UT win without a ton of suspense at the end.  Hope I'm wrong though.  

OSU fans coming in to shit on their team that usually ends up beating us - name a better duo.

• Haha 2

Just now, Js1 said:

OSU fans coming in to shit on their team that usually ends up beating us - name a better duo.

That's true.  You guys will have to play well to beat us.  I think you will.  Or Baumgarner and Gupta will just melt down.  Jin continues to look average at best.  They're college kids though, so maybe your guys will crack and help us out.  

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

@GoPokes83 I warned you yesterday about this reverse jinx witchcraft shit you’re trying. Once more and I’m going to put a curse on you and all that you hold dear. 

I'll accept the curse if it get's us a W.  Can I piggyback an OU loss with that?  That curse sounds kind of shitty, so I feel like I should get a little more on my end to even it out.  

You can tell teams like OU and OK State lost a lot of momentum from the first couple days - not playing like #1 and #2 ranked teams. 

Vandy had a great day yesterday, but down to Tech.  UNC also had a good day yesterday, Pepperdine did not - but they are up on UNC. 

If it ends up being Tech/Texas and not OSU/OU in the next round for the Big 12, that would be quite a surprise. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Go Pokes has been saying their top 3 players are good but the bottom 2 aren't great. 

Think that's what it's going to come down to. Nome and Hammer both need to win their pairing and then Coody needs to beat Jin. 

Yep.  That's my concern.  If Stark and Eugenio can hold on, we just need one more.  I just can't figure which one of those guys could get it.  If Stark or Eugenio don't hang on, it could be over quickly.  Unfortunately, I think Baumgartner is out best shot and he's less than reliable.  And the only reason I think that is that I don't know who the hell Nome is.  The other two guys have already consistently beaten us over their careers.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

3-2-0 Texas with everyone up at least 2. 

Not to jinx this or anything but this is going exactly how Go Pokes said it would. 

I get it right every now and then.   I nailed my prediction on our women's team shit performance at nationals last week.  Total whiff on our baseball team rallying to get a top 8 seed.  This one is looking bad, mainly because I haven't seen anything good happen for us in about 30 minutes.   As we all know, shit can turn on a dime in match play.  I just can't see anyone on our team being able to do it.  A little help from your guys would be nice.  .