Texas Men's Golf

texasstrong12

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Up 4, 3, and 2 now on the 3 pairings we lead. 

Finish them. 

Up 3, down 1, down 1, up 3, up 2

OU and AZ 2-2-1.  Match #5 tied up through 16
UNC and Pepp 2-2-1.  Match #5 tied up through 15
Tech up over Vandy.  Matches 2-4 all tied up.  Tech up 1 on #1 and #5

These are all so dang close.  Ours looks like a blowout compared to the other quarters

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Up 3, down 1, down 1, up 3, up 2

OU and AZ 2-2-1.  Match #5 tied up through 16
UNC and Pepp 2-2-1.  Match #5 tied up through 15
Tech up over Vandy.  Matches 2-4 all tied up.  Tech up 1 on #1 and #5

These are all so dang close.  Ours looks like a blowout compared to the other quarters

I can verify it feels like a blowout from this side.  

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Gotterup wins the Haskins award and then embarrassed himself today. 

the choke job really started yesterday.  he was in firm control of the individual title and just gagged it up on the back.  missed so many short putts.  following in the fine tradition of Little Game Bob, Little Game Lincoln, Baker, Kyler.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

the choke job really started yesterday.  he was in firm control of the individual title and just gagged it up on the back.  missed so many short putts.  following in the fine tradition of Little Game Bob, Little Game Lincoln, Baker, Kyler.

That was a pretty terrible 24 hours for him.  If they lose this match, I'd guess it's the worst 24 hours of golf he's ever experienced.  Trying to feel bad for him, but I'm coming up short.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Not even close. It’s pretty much 2-1 right now with 2 matches still in the balance. 

Not even close?  Really?  We have to flip a match against Hammer.  He's appropriately named.  You can manufacture some stress for yourself if you want, but I think most of us are pretty relaxed at this point.  

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

OU and UNC in real trouble.  Texas has the potential to go through 5, 8 and 6/7 to win a title.  A much better route than 5, 1, 2/3

When looking at strength of opponent, look more at ranking than seeds based on 1 tournament. OK State is #2

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

Not even close?  Really?  We have to flip a match against Hammer.  He's appropriately named.  You can manufacture some stress for yourself if you want, but I think most of us are pretty relaxed at this point.  

Ok yeah now up 3 with 5 to play. It’s right there. 

OU and ASU still tied.  ASU up 1 on #5 through 17

UNC is done.

Vandy and Tech tied.  Tech up 1 on #1 and #5; Vandy up 1 on #3 and #4.  #2 tied

Texas up on OSU.  Texas wins #1, tied on #2, down 3 on #3, up 4 on #4 and up 3 on #5. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nome has dropped the last 2 holes. Now only up 2. 

It can never be easy. 

Still feels like an unclimbable mountain from this side.  I'm pretty sure you're good.  Total meltdown would be fine with me though.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

y'all must be following the Texas/OSU match online because Golf Channel sure as fuck isn't showing it.  i've seen Parker Coody hit a few shots.  that's about it.

The other 2 are much closer and more intriguing.  If we decide to start melting down, they'll switch. 

6 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

y'all must be following the Texas/OSU match online because Golf Channel sure as fuck isn't showing it.  i've seen Parker Coody hit a few shots.  that's about it.

https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=match&tid=25468

You can follow it here, but not much to see.  If ESPN did a win probability, it would be about 98% UT wins.