Attack of the Killer Dachsunds

msbesq

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article211164094.html

Seven small dogs — all with legs shorter than an adult's hand — mauled an Oklahoma woman to death while she was outside of her home last week.

Tracy Garcia, 52, of Ardmore, was attacked by her neighbor's dogs on Thursday and died from her injuries, KTEN reported.

One of the seven dogs was shot after charging at a deputy who was responding to the attack, KXII reported. The other six dogs were taken to Westwood Veterinary Hospital, where they were euthanized at the owners request.

Shelter co-director Tena Layton told The Daily Ardmoreite that six of the dogs were about one year old, and the seventh one — about three years old — was possibly the pack's mother.

"A predominant breed in these dogs is definitely standard dachshund," Dinwiddie told the TV station. "They have really noticeable characteristics like their knobby legs, knees, very short legged dogs and their coats."

She said all of the dogs were less than 40 pounds each.

None of the dogs had legs longer than an adult’s hand, The Daily Ardmoreite reported based off of photos kept by the shelter.

It is unclear what led to the attack, The Associated Press reported, and the investigation is ongoing.

The dogs were infested with fleas and ticks, according to media reports. There were no other visible health concerns.

"We were cleaning ticks off ourselves all day," Dinwiddie told KXII. "They are very covered, you can tell they have been living out in the woods."

The dogs were not tested for rabies, and there are no plans to run those tests.

"If there was any possible issue of them biting someone else then it would've been (done)," Dinwiddle told KXII, "but the dogs are deceased as well as the victim so there's just no reason to go spend the thousands and thousands of dollars."

No arrests have been made.

Edited by msbesq

I had Dachshunds as a kid and they could get aggressive when surrounded by too many people.   They were bred to go in the dens of ground animals and fight them down there so getting nasty in tight spaces was bred into them.

This just sounds like neglect.

Do they know the woman was alive when the dogs started their attack?

4 hours ago, TexasEd said:

I had Dachshunds as a kid and they could get aggressive when surrounded by too many people.   They were bred to go in the dens of ground animals and fight them down there so getting nasty in tight spaces was bred into them.

A cat will start to eat a dead owner way quicker than a dog. But at least they have the courtesy to wait til I’m dead

17 hours ago, TexasEd said:

You think she died of Lupus?

• Like 1

Dachshunds have a reputation of attacking without warning. I don't mean like waddling across the lawn barking and growling hell bent on destroying your ankles for no good reason. I mean without any warning. No growling, no barking, nada. Just waddle over, hang around a minute and then proceed to go full Hitler. Weird, unpredictable breed.

• Like 1