ALCS -- Red Sox vs Astros

Beau Vine

Not at baseball...

but pos rep to counter the neg.

Well, Xander has a better OPS and WAR in 3 of the last 4 seasons than Correa… but ok. (Xander is definitely hard-core slumping as of late, though.)

I do like Correa as a player and think the Astros were pretty shitty to lowball him like that, but his days at MMP are probably coming to an end.

Xander career slash .290/.353/.459

Correa career slash .277/.356/.481

The War numbers are skewed because of the amount of games CC has missed due to injury. But durability is a check mark in Bogaerts column. Both are great players but I’ll take Carlos due to his superior defense and playoff heroics. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah it's pretty clear that Correa is the better and more valuable overall player. Correa is maybe a bit better at the plate than XB, it's admittedly close, but Correa is easily the better defensive ss and he's proven himself in the biggest moments over and over and over again.

I like Bogarts. 

For some reason I like Devers a lot, probably from his rookie season and the series he had against Houston in the POs.  Just seems like he's having fun out there.

Boston doesn't really have any villain players I dislike.  Would love for that not to change this series( i.e. Astros win!)