UT Being Ruined?

TahoeHorn

18 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

The title of the thread asks if UT was being ruined. Not if too much bureaucracy was in place. Not if money could be spent more efficiently or in different places. But whether the university was being destroyed. By diversity programs.

Attempts to move the goalposts don't change that.

Yep.  Hyperbole to get amusement. No question.

The topic is serious.  I eventually gave a serious opinion.

For those who want my opinion it's in the thread to find.  But very few do.  Poo flinging is what this site is about.

I'd love for it to be different but until then I'll just deal in amusement to kick it off.

Edited by TahoeHorn
  • Fuck You 2

39 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

As always, the articles I post are vehicles for introducing an issue.  They are rarely my opinion, although usually they are roughly in the vein of what my opinion is.

As always I'm not trying to conduct a trial serving as both an advocate and a juror.  I'm looking to discuss a topic.  As such I'm not concerned if the article presents my case poorly. It would be nice if it did but I'm sure that anyone who really cares can get my opinion.  And I'm well aware that many don't care what my opinion is.  And in fact want to portray it as something it isn't. 

weebles may wobble but they don’t fall down

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

For those who want my opinion it's in the thread to find.  But very few do.  Poo flinging is what this site is about.

I'd love for it to be different but until then I'll just deal in amusement to kick it off.

Well, poo-flinging is the new GOP brand these days -- no surprise that you're a brand loyalist.

Just understand that sane people look at you with your shit-covered hands, and think exactly what sane people should think....

40a2abd493c75072b9339dfa80205e6d.gif

1 hour ago, TahoeHorn said:

For years I posted "intelligent" articles.  They got no response.  A panel on C-SPAN doesn't get the viewers that a rant by Sean Hannity does. 

About ten years ago I changed my methods.  I'd do the "intelligent" articles if it would get discussed. 

I'd rather get five pages of amusement that no response.

Why do you feel the need to seek attention from random internet board posters?   I start <1 thread a month on average.   

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Why do you feel the need to seek attention from random internet board posters?   I start <1 thread a month on average.   

I seek to have discussion on the topics which interest me.  Often it happens without my prompting.  But that's some high profile event.  Topics in the category of "bad things liberals are doing" don't usually happen without special prompting.  Topics in the category "most people know very little without reading a lot" also don't get much natural play.

Edited by TahoeHorn

The top 10% bullshit did exponentially more harm. Who was that implemented by...

This.....

You can’t tell me a kid from some rural school in the valley or wherever in the top 7% can compare to a kid in say the top 12% of highland Park or Westlake.

My opinion.

2 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

You have very few friends, I suppose?

2 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

This.....

You can’t tell me a kid from some rural school in the valley or wherever in the top 7% can compare to a kid in say the top 12% of highland Park or Westlake.

My opinion.

Yeah, but I bet those HP and Westlake kids have some killer back up schools.

2 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

Thing is, no one cares what your opinion is. That’s why no one looks for it. 

Yeah, but I bet those HP and Westlake kids have some killer back up schools.

Yeah. They go to Mississippi or Arkansas or OU.

Again my opinion - UT is going to wake up one day and say “why is our alum giving down” and it’s because the parents are not happy their kids didn’t get in and the recent graduates don’t care about the things we do - namely sports.

... forgot to add “get off my lawn”

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

How many times and in how many ways does Tahoe have to admit to trolling before earning a ban?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the cleverness I suppose. He posts an article he says he doesn’t agree with except he says maybe he does. Then he doesn’t agree with trump but then maybe he does depending on the context and how one defines the term “agree.” For example, I would probably agree with you he’s a troll but maybe I don’t really quite “agree” with you. Really it’s complicated.

I was just discussing this scenario today. Both of my kids went elsewhere after not being offered their majors in Austin. With their scholarships and Texas Tomorrow their college has costed me almost nothing out of pocket, but I still wanted them in Austin because it's what they wanted.

I got a call from some student at UT probably doing her survice hours wanting to check-in on alumnae recently. I assume the call would end with her soliciting money. I had to cut her off as I was driving, but UT Austin has seen the last of my money oustside of a scalped football ticket. Hit up the out of state kid or foreigner in 20 years and see how it goes.

Yeah. They go to Mississippi or Arkansas or OU.

Again my opinion - UT is going to wake up one day and say “why is our alum giving down” and it’s because the parents are not happy their kids didn’t get in and the recent graduates don’t care about the things we do - namely sports.

... forgot to add “get off my lawn”

12 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

As always, the articles I post are vehicles for introducing an issue.  They are rarely my opinion, although usually they are roughly in the vein of what my opinion is.

As always I'm not trying to conduct a trial serving as both an advocate and a juror.  I'm looking to discuss a topic.  As such I'm not concerned if the article presents my case poorly. It would be nice if it did but I'm sure that anyone who really cares can get my opinion.  And I'm well aware that many don't care what my opinion is.  And in fact want to portray it as something it isn't. 

You have no interest in "introducing an issue". That's just always the same tired shit you fall back on whenever someone calls out your dumbassery, and you have nothing of substance to say in return.

So let's just skip the whole "woah woah I am just trying to encourage debate here" bullshit charade. 

7 hours ago, DaysOff said:

I was just discussing this scenario today. Both of my kids went elsewhere after not being offered their majors in Austin. With their scholarships and Texas Tomorrow their college has costed me almost nothing out of pocket, but I still wanted them in Austin because it's what they wanted.

I got a call from some student at UT probably doing her survice hours wanting to check-in on alumnae recently. I assume the call would end with her soliciting money. I had to cut her off as I was driving, but UT Austin has seen the last of my money oustside of a scalped football ticket. Hit up the out of state kid or foreigner in 20 years and see how it goes.

So you’re upset at The University that there were more qualified students than your kids for their majors?