Man in Texas killed trying to pick up kids from ex-wife

Jive Turkey

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

As someone pointed out, it’s a Walmart…probably next to the department where kids buy bicycles or footballs.

So what ?  Why is that an issue ?  More than likely the Walmart demographic is very used to seeing guns at a Walmart 

The single wall of guns in an apartment store that sells hunting rifles and sporting arms scare you in someway ?

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So what ?  Why is that an issue ?  More than likely the Walmart demographic is very used to seeing guns at a Walmart 

The single wall of guns in an apartment store that sells hunting rifles and sporting arms scare you in someway ?

It doesn’t scare me, it makes me sad.

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It doesn’t scare me, it makes me sad.

Why ?  Guns are bad so no one should see them ?  Walk into any large sporting goods store in America and you'll see hunting rifles, shotguns, and all manner of other firearms.  Why does it make you sad ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Why ?  Guns are bad so no one should see them ?  Walk into any large sporting goods store in America and you'll see hunting rifles, shotguns, and all manner of other firearms.  Why does it make you sad ?

Because we’ve normalized gun culture such that you and millions of others think it’s ok.

There’s millions of Chinese that grew up thinking the One Child Policy is ok. It isn’t, but you’re only able to arrive at that realization within the context of not growing up in China.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Because we’ve normalized gun culture such that you and millions of others think it’s ok.

There’s millions of Chinese that grew up thinking the One Child Policy is ok. It isn’t, but you’re only able to arrive at that realization within the context of not growing up in China.

Normalized ?  That ship sailed 200 years ago. Guns, and hunting have been a part of our culture since it's inception.  Making them boogie men, and some horrible thing is the problem.  Being scared of firearms is a horrible way to go thru life.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

“Normalized”?

Yes, it is ok, just like your ability to complain about it here.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Normalized ?  That ship sailed 200 years ago. Guns, and hunting have been a part of our culture since it's inception.

Yes, that's my point.

Being scared of firearms is a horrible way to go thru life.

I agree. It's why I've always wondered where all those folks live that are armed to the teeth because they are afraid of an armed intruder coming into their home. As you said, that's a horrible way to go thru life.

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Yes, that's my point.

I agree. It's why I've always wondered where all those folks live that are armed to the teeth because they are afraid of an armed intruder coming into their home. As you said, that's a horrible way to go thru life.

I'd agree there are wack jobs out there, but hiding guns, and making them some secretive thing is not a good way to handle something that's a completely legal product in a country.  Seeing a gun should not trigger a normal functioning person. 

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

it would trigger billions of non-Americans if they walked into their local sporting goods store and saw this:

spacer.png

are you at all able to grasp my point?

I don't care about billions of non Americans walking into an American gun store, and seeing that.  The are billions of people who might be sickened walking  into a Chinese wet market, and seeing dogs being boiled alive.

I get your point that there are some people who would be astounded, scared, and quizzical about it, but that isn't an issue we have to deal with in a country where the sale of firearms is perfectly legal.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I don't care about billions of non Americans walking into an American gun store, and seeing that.  The are billions of people who might be sickened walking  into a Chinese wet market, and seeing dogs being boiled alive.

I get your point that there are some people who would be astounded, scared, and quizzical about it, but that isn't an issue we have to deal with in a country where the sale of firearms is perfectly legal.

you're almost there. i appreciate your effort, that must have been taxing.

Looks like a candy store to me.

Seriously, the Las Vegas gun stores with shooting ranges are packed with Asian & European tourists who pay exorbitant fees to shoot all kinds of firearms, including full auto machine guns. Two of of my English friends visiting in recent years put shooting sessions near the top of their must do list.

A018B612-5C56-405A-93B7-E457280A666D.jpeg

549AF8A4-FD1B-44BD-AD25-388219127BD9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

you're almost there. i appreciate your effort, that must have been taxing.

You never fail to end up being an asshole in any of your posts.  Nice goal post moving by the way.  You love to try and play gotcha, but it just never quite works out for you the way you think it's going to go. Please stay in your safe, and ex patriated world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You never fail to end up being an asshole in any of your posts.  Nice goal post moving by the way.  You love to try and play gotcha, but it just never quite works out for you the way you think it's going to go. Please stay in your safe, and ex patriated world.

I’m always an asshole to you, but it’s only because you are a moron.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Not that I'm freaked out by seeing guns (I've built a couple of AR's, enjoy reloading, all that) but this is a really bad argument lol. You're equivocating owning guns to boiling dogs alive in a wet market. Not exactly a winning comparison lol

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not that I'm freaked out by seeing guns (I've built a couple of AR's, enjoy reloading, all that) but this is a really bad argument lol. You're equivocating owning guns to boiling dogs alive in a wet market. Not exactly a winning comparison lol

I was going to bold that and see if he could connect the dots but I gave up.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

No I'm not (but show that boiling dog to a vegan, PETA member or some other uber animal loving person and they'd argue your point) I simply used it as an example of what culturally might trigger someone, and how that would be different in different countries based on what they're used to seeing.

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m always an asshole to you, but it’s only because you are a moron.

And a fuck you to you as well. . I feel for anyone who has to deal with you on a personal level if being an asshole is your go to move.  Your OP was a non starter for any serious commentary. Oh noes I see guns......... I'm sickened. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You're not connecting any dots you're just throwing shit up against a wall spoiling for an argument as usual.

Spoiling for an argument? You engaged me by asking me a question. I answered your question and you ended up making my point. Then I called you a moron.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I think his point is that cultures have different norms. Why should we care if a bunch of Brits get their panties in a bunch by seeing a gun? They call cookies "biscuits" fuck them.

Precisely, but he can't acknowledge that or his entire premise falls apart.  He really is the perfect cabal member.

• Haha 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Spoiling for an argument? You engaged me by asking me a question. I answered your question and you ended up making my point. Then I called you a moron.

I didn't make your point you simply moved the goal post as the posts piled up.  Your posts are always thinly veiled arguments to be.

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I’ve seen rows of restaurants in Taipei with freshly skinned dogs hanging out front by the sidewalks.

it certainly was an “eeewwwww”  scene.

When I was a teenager, we were at a small island atoll in the South Pacific call Takaroa.  They threw my sister a big birthday bash where the whole village (maybe 75 people) came.  One of the main dishes on the menu was dog.  And it was a big deal that they had slaughtered one for this feast as obviously there weren't a lot of them on the island.  My dad and brother partook to show appreciation, but no way I could go there.  They did seem to be eyeing our 100 lb Rottweiler like she was a fatted calf.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I didn't make your point you simply moved the goal post as the posts piled up.  Your posts are always thinly veiled arguments to be.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Precisely, but he can't acknowledge that or his entire premise falls apart.  He really is the perfect cabal member.

These two posts back to back are something else lol. Care to elaborate by what you mean in "perfect cabal member"? 

40 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What's my premise?

You went from I'd be sickened by it, to kids seeing guns next to a soccer ball, to billions of non Americans seeing guns in an American store.  

At this point do you even know what your premise was ?

Edit

Furthermore I was asking why you personally would be Sickened 

by it not by millions of other people from other nations 

Edited by Onboard 2.0

12 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

When I was a teenager, we were at a small island atoll in the South Pacific call Takaroa.  They threw my sister a big birthday bash where the whole village (maybe 75 people) came.  One of the main dishes on the menu was dog.  And it was a big deal that they had slaughtered one for this feast as obviously there weren't a lot of them on the island.  My dad and brother partook to show appreciation, but no way I could go there.  They did seem to be eyeing our 100 lb Rottweiler like she was a fatted calf.

Fun fact, the men in the Lewis and Clark expedition ate dog with the Indians, and most of them liked it so much they preferred it over deer/elk.